Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Agricultural and Industrial Equipment
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Agricultural and Industrial Equipment A place for your agricultural, industrial, and other heavy equipment builds!

Old 08-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 11889
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alokocat View Post
Marhund,

Nice to see you here and thanks for your informations about some new STAHL model in the future.
A week ago i went to TTM and asked them about Stahl future plan and they didnt want to say anything

By the way, when at TTM I saw the Damitz (old version) that is available and this is a pure marvellous excavator !!
Detail is incredible and it looks like a good price they have considering you need actually almost a year to get one when ordered
The story behind this is a dad who ordered a Damitz Excav for his son birtday, the son didnt liked the gift and daddy had to send it back to TTM, trying to find someone to buy it. It's in perfect condition, the bucket has NO ONE sign of being used in the dirt. Only the tracks looks a little bit dirty. This is truly an amazing piece of RC model. Too bad I couldnt try it.
Temptation was hard to buy this model....

I also saw the WDC 345 Excav' and the model was waiting for a new cylinder that TTM had to send to one of their customers in Australia who had a problem with the long cylinder.
The model looks good, is bigger than the Damitz but not as much as I expected.
Also, seing both Damitz and WDC at the same time, I really liked the Damitz better, feels more like a real machine able to move dirt.

I have bought a new model, will open a thread when back home, ready to start the build
Good for you. Cant wait what is it lol?

Last edited by RCTech9 : 01-11-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 08-07-2010, 01:08 PM

Member Number: 7563

I can watch those machines for hours!
Old 08-08-2010, 03:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/marhund

Member Number: 9547

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTech9 View Post
Good for you.Cant wait what is it lol

The Damitz is increadable in detail.. No one can match this model in looks.. The WDC also has ha great detail. But I belive that Stahl overdue them all by making the models stronger and easyer to maintain.. I have testet de Damitz. Its as all theese models great to run, but the tracks suffer from beeing more realistic.. (Damitz is the onlyone making his tracks move by hydrauliks.. Great looks, but they is not strong enogh...)...

I know that Lars Stahl has made considerations of making a bigger exavator (komatsu), but as the marked is now i think it will take years before we se this model ...

One of the news he is working on is changing some models to Tamiya size as this is the new wave also in germany... Hooklift and crane... He is also working on making interior... realy good looking.. for the Tamiya

Most of the news that will come in the near future is accessories.. So I appologise if I made som false expectations here

New lowbed with great steering is one of the things I realy liked in his development-desk - Goldhoffer style

as for most of us I think Stahls biggest problem theese days is getting more time ..
Old 08-08-2010, 12:47 PM
JOE

Member Number: 1683

Ed, when you said "sweet (sweat) stainless steel", I thought you meant melt stainless into the aluminum liner. To sleeve the Leimbach cyls sounds easy enough, but then new pistons would have to made with new seals as the diameter would be then too small. The cyls are rather inexpensive anyway and I'm not much of a machinist, I got yr out of these ones which is not bad.

Lift height Steve is a bit less than 8".

Nathan, Vario & Fumotec are the same excavators/companies, are they not? It shows the same models on both sites, which is what Ole, Kalle and Ed already have.

Hello Ole good to see you return in good health... (I was just teasing btw). Looking forward to seeing your new creations for the coming year and you get faster with the 870... let's see what that big guy can really do!

Rctech9, maybe later, getting everything together takes up alot of space, which I don't have down there and I'm not keen packing it all outside just for a group photo.

Is there a "rc" tunnel boring machine on the market that I am unaware of Dean?

That's too bad Martin, I was really hoping to see a larger excavator from Stahl sometime in the next yr... oh well, I guess there's several others to choose from in the marketplace today. The THS Seipt 345 really appeals to me!

intlroller, thank you for your interest and compliment.

More rain again this week, so more time for digging in the quarry too. I did some hauling out last night, getting rid of the material I mined from the west wall earlier in the week.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 7833
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Joe I don't think you would need new pistons or any thing except seals the same size remember I said you had to clean up your cylinders a little and that could be the thickness of the liner less the snug fit size your not talking about a very thick liner and the inside diameter would be the original size of the cylinder K&S metal has thin wall stainless. Ed
Old 08-08-2010, 01:40 PM
JOE

The Leimbach cyl walls aren't very thick to begin with, I don't have a micronometer to measure... 3 or 4 thousandths stainless tube? how delicate would that be to press fit into another tube, even with shrinking stainless and expanding the aluminum?

I could send you a cylinder for you to experiment.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Old Time'r

Joe if you want me to try it I would be glad to. I am working on the fuel tanks for the tractor just cut the aluminum pipe for the tanks. If you send me a cylinder I'll give it a shot it should work. I will need the barrel and piston and some new o rings if you got them so I can fit it to stock dimensions. What's your phone number I'll give you a call? Ed

Last edited by JAMMER : 08-08-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Old Time'r

Joe there is one other thing, once you get the sleeve in the cylinder it not going any wear because of the end caps. Ed
Old 08-08-2010, 02:48 PM
life's a trip ,enjoy it

Member Number: 10803

thank you joe I was looking at the pics of them , it looks to me the cylinder position is of and the boom shape . great to see another vid

IHSteve
Old 08-08-2010, 03:39 PM
life's a trip ,enjoy it

Member Number: 10803

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
thank you joe I was looking at the pics of them , it looks to me the cylinder position is of and the boom shape . great to see another vid

IHSteve
actually joe that's not a hard fix Here's a pic of the way it should be http://www.machinerytrader.com/listi...x?OHID=6605187
just a little repositioning of the lift cylinders
Old 08-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 11889

Keep up the awesome basement excavation.The GL looks good with that trailer.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:02 PM
JOE

PM your address Ed & I'll send you out an old cylinder sometime this week.

I don't know why Stahl positioned the lift cyls that way Steve, factory position would likely improve the height, as well as the lifting power.

The telescope cyl on this trl has been working quite well lately Rctech9 and piling dirt this way outside seems to work best.

I made a couple more vids again yesterday, it was quite a nice day to be outside for a change, just enough wind so the bugs didn't pester me.

Last edited by Lil Giants : 08-09-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Looking around

Member Number: 8753

Thanks for sharing this videos with us. They are so cool.
Make me want an excavator.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Faster you fool!

Member Number: 311
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post

Nathan, Vario & Fumotec are the same excavators/companies, are they not? It shows the same models on both sites, which is what Ole, Kalle and Ed already have.
Not to sure Joe. I think they may be separate companies, but are working on the models together. Or else maybe Vario is the owner of Fumotec or the other way around. Kind of like how Horizon owns a lot of different mnodel manufacturers, and they sell them all on their website, yet keep the branding different. In anycase, they look like the same machines to me.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Old Time'r

Nice looking video's Joe thanks for the show. Ed