Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Agricultural and Industrial Equipment
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Agricultural and Industrial Equipment A place for your agricultural, industrial, and other heavy equipment builds!

Old 08-08-2011, 06:04 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 7833
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Joe nice video on the new machine. Let me ask a couple of questions will the tracks from the new one fit on the 850 if they would I was going to get a set for my 450 Deere. I sent 4wd a email and asked for 2 pads but they don't have any to ship. There only slightly narrower than the Vario and they are metal so if the pins are the same distance apart and they fit the sprocket they might work better than the composite ones we got. If you get a chance to find out and let me know I would appreciate it. Ed
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:32 PM

Member Number: 13887
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default qwestion

your operation is sweet i really want to start my own were do you get that type of equipment.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:57 PM
JOE

Member Number: 1683

Hello Martin, what sort of changes/refinements did Frode make to improve the model's performance?

It's too bad the "shippers" don't have the foresight to atleast close the vent, it's not pleasent having to clean the model upon its arrival... they assemble the model & then layer the paint on thick so you can't take it apart for a thorough cleaning (unless you want to meticulously grind the paint out of the bolt heads & around the bolts).

I'm not much for details, but yeah, the cab could do with a change to make the model look more suited to 14th scale... someday when I give a shyt about scale perfection, Imay do that.

Why do you think they'd work better Ed? Yes, the links are metal & the cleats are quite close together making them almost smooth - no traction. If it helps you any, the distance between the pins is approx 18mm.

8ball ice, thanx for your kind words...the answer to your qu? has been asked/answered several times in this thread already. Hope you enjoy your read.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/marhund

Member Number: 9547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Hello Martin, what sort of changes/refinements did Frode make to improve the model's performance?

It's too bad the "shippers" don't have the foresight to atleast close the vent, it's not pleasent having to clean the model upon its arrival... they assemble the model & then layer the paint on thick so you can't take it apart for a thorough cleaning (unless you want to meticulously grind the paint out of the bolt heads & around the bolts).

I'm not much for details, but yeah, the cab could do with a change to make the model look more suited to 14th scale... someday when I give a shyt about scale perfection, Imay do that.

Function before beuty.. right..
Dont know if i wrote something wrong or missleading, but I do not know if Frode made some changes to improve performance... Only that he needed to change hydr.pump-engine and some ESC also due to leakage of hydr.oil after shipping
Old 08-15-2011, 11:58 PM

Member Number: 2693

thats a sharp rig Joe!
now that you have many, any chance you can ship a excavator down to me in Toronto to put to work

keep the videos coming.
Michael.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/marhund

Member Number: 9547

Hi Joe.
Hows your XL4200 working.
Waiting mine to arrive early next week.
Some friends got theres last week.
Unfortunatly they also arrived solked in oil.. so they do not learn down there..

BUT... we discovered another problem... The valves tend to leak as soon as the oil starts to flow easyer (when getting working temp after 2-3min).
It comes out where the servoes as mounted.
Have you any experience with this? Made any improvments.. Or is it just bad luck for the 2 pieces i've seen with this problem in Norway ?

After a testrun with the 4200 last weekend I must say it feels to me like the most powerfull excavator on the marked right now.. Have you made any comparison with your Stahl, Vario, RC4WD machines when it comes to strenght digging, beltmovments and so on... ??
Old 09-17-2011, 02:38 PM
JOE

That was the one thing that impressed me most about this chinese hoe, how tight the valves are! I can set my arm fully extended with the bucket an inch from the ground and come back a day or two later with it still in the exact same position I left it. My cyls do not creep at all!

With all the yrs experience with these german hyds, I have never been able to set neutral that precise on any of them.

I do see a bit of an oil film on the piston rod & then rod end cap seems a bit moist with oil.

I haven't noticed any leaks within the house. There can't be or the arm would creep.

Yes, the hyds have some power alright, but then, even the Stahl/Leimbach hoe can be turned up to the same power. However, the excessive hyd power is useless to have if the model doesn't have the weight/traction to stay put! I need to monkey with the press relief more yet to lessen its hyd power so its just on the brink of loosing traction, but doesn't.

I haven't used the chinese hoe for nearly a month now, busy with harvest. I'm caught up for now for a wk or so, I'll probably go the quarry later this afternoon to haul dirt out, but 1st I'm taking a nap right after I click this post.

That seems so dumb, the manufacturer has a shut off valve on their air vented hyd tank & they won't f/king close it prior to shipping... what an irritating mess to clean up for a brand new, fresh out the box, rtr model. Are they intentionally trying to pizz off their newly aquired clientel?

The price of this chinese model is reasonable... however, if I could be refunded every penny I've spent for the Stahl & Vario, I wouldn't give back either one in trade for this chinese hoe. It still boils down to "you get what you pay for" and the german models are light years advanced in engineering than this cheaper chinese hoe.

Maybe this tx that came with this chinese hoe is defective as I can not fine tune the model's movements the way I like to run the other two german hoes with Robbe & Spektrum radios.

Spektrum DX10T is due for release Feb, '12. The 850, probably the Stahl & definitely this HK hoe will be put on this tx.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Hi my name is Kalle, im a scale addict.

Member Number: 2577

That DX10T radio looks like an awesome radio with all you need out of the box!
Old 09-18-2011, 12:09 PM
JOE

Just a lil update of what I have been working at the last month or so. I've just about got this hole cleaned out... maybe today.

I'm thinking after the loose dirt is cleaned up that I'll set the 850 in the hole & dig it deeper by another two feet or so. Then maybe most of this wall will fit in it this winter. I'm going to finnish this basement excavation project before I move out of the house next Spring.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:47 PM
POWERHOUSE OFFROAD

Member Number: 10058
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

That's a lot of diggin! Hopefully the project is on budget!
Old 09-22-2011, 11:55 PM
JOE

Budget?! I think that went by the wayside with the 1st equip purchase.

Here's some more scale dirt for ya Bulldog. Perhaps your next project could be a goose neck dumper for your big dually, I need more haulers to keep the dirt away from this 850.

I've been digging the hole deeper! My buddy Kalle had his friend tool me up a ripper tooth as well and that helps imensely to loosen up this sticky brown clay.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:19 AM
POWERHOUSE OFFROAD

Member Number: 10058
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

I saw that ripper tooth...awesome! I'd love to do a goose neck trailer. I've got so many ideas, yet so little time to build. I wish there was a way I could just build what I wanted to, but the hobby has to remain that...a hobby. Life comes first. I live vicariously through the forum. Luckily there's plenty of talent out there to watch. Keep it up Joe! How cool would a scale Ford crew leader truck look with your fleet...a work truck with a load of cones, chains, a fuel tank, a gooseneck trailer with a case 580e for the light stuff. Don't get me started!
Old 09-24-2011, 03:54 PM
JOE

...you've lost me Bulldog focus -> function before beauty!

I even have Gators down here! He's been hanging... or should I say slithering around the basement for a few yrs now. I torment him occassionally with the rc's... run over him with a dump trk or dozer, or scoop him up in a bucket & burry him in the pile. Tough little bugger! :devil:

And I've got these little critters coming out of the wet soil too.

The HK making itself useful.

The deepest point of the hole is about 44" below the basement surface.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:28 AM
HD Tow King!!

Member Number: 4426
B/S/T Feedback: (5)

Whats this hole for a pool(LOL) or a sub pump to take out the water?

Greg
Old 09-30-2011, 08:26 AM
Lack of Time'r

Member Number: 10482

The toad/frog and salamander are so cute, hope you treat them well and you were joking when you said you run it over!