Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Agricultural and Industrial Equipment
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Agricultural and Industrial Equipment A place for your agricultural, industrial, and other heavy equipment builds!

Old 10-22-2011, 04:52 PM
tank nut

Member Number: 13479
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

great video's as always, Lil Giants, I like your models because they look like they would if the were 1:1 machines, i.e. well used and careworn
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 11-06-2011, 03:12 PM
JOE

Member Number: 1683

Thank you for the kind compliments fellows.

I got the last of the loose soil tidied up last wkend & sealed up the window, it's getting cold out there, hurricane winds out of the south all week brought this to me yesterday.

Last wkend's activities.

I got started this week mining down the last 8x3x5 cube of the remaining south wall. I'm gonna try to do it all with the rc's, no hand digging... AND NO BLASTING EITHER!!! so spare me those comments, I'm not playing with explosives in my basement.

I employed #1 for the 1st time in nearly two yrs with putting a drill on it. It's a 3000rpm motor with a 5/16 masonary bit. Drill down a few inches so the 850's ripper tooth can rip up the bone dry, rock hard clay.

I'm hoping this week that I can get my 850's u/c to the machinist so I can get my track drive upgrade installed. As it is now, the 850 is immobile... good thing that it has a long reach & can dig a wide area without moving. I just about blew a testicle lifting it up there though.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:19 PM
I love my wife!!!!

Member Number: 1672
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

man after watching this one and seeing how tought the dig was it realy shows how beefy these pieces are,,,
Old 11-07-2011, 12:07 AM
POWERHOUSE OFFROAD

Member Number: 10058
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

I've seen it all! Loved the drilling. I tried my trick showing my little guy your videos....we both watched with an eager eye, and when they were over...."MORE COCHTURES?!" I second the motion! Always nice to see updates from you. As for your *********...I had a contractor who used to dig foundations for us...great guy, about five feet tall in cowboy boots. I'd be down in the hole shoveling away, and he'd always say in his rusty voice: "Don't bust your tomatoes, I'll do all the diggin". That guy could grade a yard with his bucket better than I could with a garden rake. He maintained all his equipment himself and you wouldn't spot one drop of oil on any of his machines. Very impressive.
One thing I've noticed in your vids...your machines have extremely scale operating speed compared to other vids I've seen. Is that a function of the setup in equipment, operator control, or a combination of both? Whatever it is, you have it DOWN!!!
Old 11-07-2011, 10:12 PM
I dont procrastinate I just work better under pressure!!

Member Number: 1284
B/S/T Feedback: (10)

I would love to see the expression on a building inspector watching you dig it all out... LOL priceless
And how often do you have to do maint on your hydraulics?
Old 11-08-2011, 01:50 PM
JOE

Rick, I looked back to pg1 of this thread, 2nd last vid of the of the 1st post shows me swinging a pic axe & you can see how little material falls away from each swing. It's very very hard! I thought briefly making a water hauler to help soften the soil, but then this clay is very very sticky when wet. The hole I dug out this fall was pretty near perfect for moisture content & the 850 handle it well.

Bulldog, it's a combo of both. Gotta have good radio gear to operate all the functions simutaneously & lots of practice to learn to do it fluently. Now with 2.4Ghz radio systems, glitch is a non exsistent factor nowadays. I was disappointed to hear that the DX10T has been delayed yet again to now May/June... I was hoping to get that HK hoe on it to see if I could operate it with better smooth. The radio I got with the HK hoe, I can't get the mix or the expotential functions to work at all.

docsrepair, some of who have seen it look at it all with awe, while others roll their eyes & ask me if I shouldn't use my time more wisely?

The small excavator, I change the oil approx bi weekly through the winter as I use it nearly every day. Everything else is about once a yr b/c I don't use it as often & the pressure is left at factory setting of 10bar. Less pressure - less heat - less oxidization from the aluminum cylinder barrels.

I got the nod today from the local machinist to bring my 850's u/c in tomorrow for the necessary machine work for the track drive upgrade. I'll flush the oil system in that model while it's on the workbench. I think I have about 30hrs on it since mid July.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/marhund

Member Number: 9547

Hi Joe.
The HK hoe is not so easy to make fluid as the german machines due to how its hydraulik valve is made.
If you look at this pics of it broken down it is 4 holes that combined in different positions that makes it flow one way or the other.. this makes it very difficult to have it work smooth as it is very short travel from no fluid to max fluid.
I think of remaking the valve with holes that is oval or made in to a drop-shape. this way I hope to make it start more smootly, but it will take a lot of trying out and realy presice-making as it will be very easy to make leaks this way that will work against each other

If anyone experiance a leak from the hydraulik valves it can be that it is prodused like this one (with one of this holes made far to close to the hole for the screws to hold the valve together. Look at the uper valve)

By the way..
Love your "hydraulic hammer"
Think i will steal that idea for my hoe to
Old 11-15-2011, 06:48 PM
JOE

Well that is not good news Martin!

Will your dealer get you a new valve free of charge?

The tri valve on this Fumotec excavator looks & works much the same way as what's in the HK hoe, though obviously from a different manufacture, I'm not sure who. It works very smooth in this 850. I thought it was the radio for the hyd's choppy performance... I guess it still boils down to 'you get what you pay for.'

I haven't used my HK in a couple wks & the arm sits in the exact spot that I left it, about an inch from the floor... go figure?!

The "drill" works pretty good to break away the hard ground, working at the cliff's edge. I'm going to add a quick-tatch mount to it to use on the 850, as its arm is much more solid. I should be able to break more soil quicker.

Putting my 850's u/c back together with the track drive upgrade...

Instead of wasting time and money getting a dual sprocket, I just added a washer to either side of the sprocket to fill the width of the track link. I just need to chuck it up in the lathe to true the diameter so it runs level. It's fitting quite snug as it is, I'll try it 1st, any binding & I'll have to trim the face on one side.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:28 PM
JOE

Looks like the washers are the perfect fit, tracks are running in fine form. I try to grip the tracks with my hand, can't stall them out or even make the drive motor strain much... looking forward to not having to lug this brute around anymore, it can crawl out of the basement under its own power.

Got my quik tach mount on the drill, the 850 with its massive stance should be able to use this tool far more effectively than the little 922.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:39 AM
JOE

The 850 took a new route to the basement last night, a bit of a tight fit! thru the window. I was thinking afterward had I removed the bucket that might have given me another half inch lower & probably drive straight in... next time. Don't want to carry it down the stairs no more... and I can easily split it half to go up the stairs if its disabled.

Had a little accident last nite... thought I was done assembly & ready to go the basement when I noticed the swing motor seemed a bit loose. I had to separate the 850ís house from the u/c (again) and then balance the house on the tracks with wooden blocks to take the swing motor pinion off to get the motor out. It sat there for ten minutes while I sit there in front of it. Step away from the bench for 30secs & the house hits the floor! I heard it starting to slide and grabbed it by the stick, but not before it struck the stool 1st. My throat was hoarse from screaming profanities for two minutes.

Minor damage to the ceramic coating on the boom & stick, took some paint off the counterweight and the DX8 rx no longer works. The light is out in the larger box where the leads plug in, but the light is on in the smaller box. Got no power to the servos nor escís. Good thing I have a spare on hand... shyt happens & I hate waiting for parts.

Itís quite the dent in my linoleum floor.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:28 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 7833
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default Excavator

And hear I thought I was the only one that have things like this happen to, I feel your pain Joe. Ed
Old 11-22-2011, 05:34 AM
JOE

Thanx Ed.

Chiseling away at the wall with the ripper & bucket, making pretty good headway by finding some soft spots near the cement foundation vs outer part of the wall that is rock hard! I've got an idea in my head to make a rock saw!

The power of this brute just continues to awe me, the boulders that the ripper tooth will pull up from an inch or two below the surface.

Pics before I started.

Two 5000mAh lipo packs later.

Old 11-25-2011, 01:40 PM
JOE

So I got to thinking that I should redesign my ripper tooth, give it more of a heel to work as a pry bar for when I strike rocks or really hard soil, curl the tooth to pry it up. Made it from 3/16's steel which is half the width of Kalle's tooth, gave it a sharp beveled edge and it's ripping like butter now!

I was thinking maybe making another tooth from 1/8 steel with more heel yet & maybe moreso like a "L" shape with 30degree rising angle, sorta like a subsoiler shank.

Old 11-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 7572

This is just awesome!
Old 11-26-2011, 12:33 AM
POWERHOUSE OFFROAD

Member Number: 10058
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

You're one heck of a Dentist. The new tooth looks killer!