Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Agricultural and Industrial Equipment
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Agricultural and Industrial Equipment A place for your agricultural, industrial, and other heavy equipment builds!

Old 02-20-2013, 09:36 AM

Member Number: 12364
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Boss.. you funny guy

Did you see the 1/30th scale front shovel & 777 dump trk listed on RCT&C? Modelman, I think is from Arkansas, not far from you That pair of equip is priced cheap! You should be snapping 'em up!
Hey Joe ,just saw it in bst over at Rct&c ,must have missed it .Hope Tom (modelman) gets to feeling better .
Tom is only about 2 hrs away from me in Cullman ,AL
Those are topnotch models all the way ,would love to have them but can't afford them at the moment .
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:38 AM
JOE

Member Number: 1683

I put new shoes on the WA500!

The tires have pretty thick sidewalls & sole, still some hollow space though to add nearly two pounds of steel BB's.

I had originally thought I would use the rims/tires from my scrapped 740, but discovered that the rims were too small of diameter to fit over the gearhead with it's offset spur gear output shaft. The rims from Fumotec for these other tires were large enough diameter, but the bolt pattern was beyond macgivering. The oem rims are a bit too wide & don't have a bead trough like the Fumotec rims, but are a couple mm bigger in diameter which will help grip the bead, and the BB's should help to both lock the tire to the rim, as well as keep the sidewalls pushed outward to help keep bead seated to the rim's edge. I used a bit of air pressure to expand both sidewalls to set the bead, which then created a little bit of a cavity & the BB's now slosh a bit... I'll see what happens.

Nearly have my new steel bucket finnished, little bit wider, but everything else is virtually the same. Just need to smooth out some welds with the grinder, turn some brass bushings for the pivots & give it a coat of paint.

I've made a pretty good dent in screening the wet lumps pile this week, but before dumping the damp dirt from the area that I just mined it from, I thought I'd better lay down a layer of bone dry crush so I don't have a welded (so to speak) glob of cement hard clay packed back in there when I go to retrieve it in dry form next winter for processing.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:24 AM
Lack of Time'r

Member Number: 11517

nice new shoes and nice work on the bucket
Old 03-01-2013, 08:56 PM
JOE

pontiacmann

It's in the paint booth tonite, I'll be scarring the paint off next week.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:11 AM
JOE

So what to do the old WA500 bucket... hmmm... HAH!

Having this bolt placed exactly here below the drag link keeps the bucket from tilting too far and over camming the linkage.. it still tilts as sharp as if it weren't there, but it puts upward pressure on the drag link so it doesn't get stuck in that position.

Gonna have another go at looking for that pressure relief valve, the hyds have been weak ever since I got it. I'll try to tie in my guage too while I'm at it to see how low it is, then bump it to 14 15bar... more power, faster speed.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:44 PM
what are we talking about?

Member Number: 3477

I really enjoy your updates and seeing the progress in your basement. So please keep up the good work and updates. They had that truck show in Indianapolis last year and was really impressed by this type of rc so, since then I have been following your thread.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:40 AM
JOE

Thanx rockpile, I appreciate your appreciation of my efforts.

I figured out the prv, turned it up a bit & I'm Luving it now! It's working just how I want it too.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:26 AM
POWERHOUSE OFFROAD

Member Number: 10058
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

Sick Joe! I've been following but not posting....Still a fan! Nice to see you posting up again! I need my fix of heavy scale equipment...only you can satisfy that! Thanks for the vids! Greg
Old 03-03-2013, 08:28 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 7833
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default Loaders

Nice work on the tire change Joe. The bucket change also is a great change but were are the teeth? Were is that new bucket you made for the wheel loader when are we going to see that in action? Ed
Old 03-03-2013, 08:35 AM

Member Number: 17747

that 963 would be good for stock piling dirt
Old 03-03-2013, 12:00 PM
JOE

Thanx Greg.. no worries about posting up, I realize the oooh's & ahhh's get to be redundant; it's easier to look & move on.. I see the views with each update I make, I know the interest is there, that's good enough for me.

I don't like teeth Ed, they suck on these lil lightweight models, a straight edge works much better. The paint is drying on the wheel loader bucket, maybe in a week or two after the paint hardens. Cheers

That it does very well at lilbandit, the 963 is quite heavy, climbs & pushes exceptionally well up steeper grades than the dozer.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:34 PM
JOE

Old 03-05-2013, 07:04 PM

Member Number: 19876
Smile

Hi Joe

I love what you have done under you House.

Me and my dad are doing the same thing here but we are digging it out by hand to make more room for storage,

But my Dad a little be worry about Disturbing the footing of our house as it a brick 2 story house.

I came across Rc construction toy on YouTube and then did a search for Rc construction forums and that how I found this forum.

I don't know of any Rc construction forums base in Australia.

I never Play with any Rc toys be for and I don't know where to start, I was looking at getting a Rc Tip truck and a Rc Excavator to start with but I much money to spend at the moment, so Maybe I should buy second-hand gear to get me started?

I found a Rc shop local to where I live and had a catch to the guy in the shop and he was trying to talk me in to buy rc stuff made by Tamiya but I had a look online last night and they have very little or none at all in the way of Rc construction stuff for sale, I don't think I will br going back to that shop ever again.

From Cameron.

Last edited by kingcam2 : 03-05-2013 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-07-2013, 12:58 PM
JOE

Cameron

Made of a movie of the WA500 loading lumps at the beginning, GOSH! another 3 inches lift would make a great bit of difference, like my good friend Greg's home built Cat 980 loader (youtube username Rclogger).

Near the end of the movie the loader is pushing up "fines", I thought those fatter tires would have floated better than the originals... not much difference though.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:12 PM
"No load too small"

Member Number: 8761
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

The new tires look great on the Loader.

Great videos keep'em coming.