Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Agricultural and Industrial Equipment
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Agricultural and Industrial Equipment A place for your agricultural, industrial, and other heavy equipment builds!

Old 03-07-2013, 07:56 PM
I never leave, but my wife did!

Member Number: 10
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

You never disapoint me with your videos. Awesome vids's my friend.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 03-19-2013, 05:33 AM
JOE

Member Number: 1683

Thank you again ddtuass (you ever gonna tell me your 1st name?)

Well, Spring can't be more than 2 or 3 weeks away... getting ready to do some serious hauling out of my basement this summer, got a mountain of fines that need to go! Gonna have to move at least 4 cu yd out this yr!

Pup the same size as the trk.

Got to make some repairs on the trk too.

Waiting on goodies from Tower Hobbies & IHSteve to get this rig working asap!
Old 03-19-2013, 05:27 PM

LOL sorry bud, my name is Chris. Is the tongue long enough? It looks a little short. That's a lot of dirt to move.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:47 PM
POWERHOUSE OFFROAD

Member Number: 10058
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

That's a lot of material to haul. Many many scale miles. Greg
Old 03-27-2013, 08:11 AM
JOE

Yes Chris, pup box will about 2 inches from trk box when jack kinifed @90*, I wanted to keep the tongue as short as possible for easy cornering.

Hmmm, I should measure the approx round trip distance & keep track the # of loads to see what it might be Greg at the end of the season.

Cheers guys

I got the last of the loose material cleaned up, about 10 bd loads were dry enough to crush & will be used for backfill... give me something to do while waiting for the next area to soak up with water, then do some more digging.

Big pile of fines to go out! Perhaps I get started on some of it within two weeks.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:03 AM
JOE

I almost made it the whole winter without putting a wrench to the 850.

I think I have a spare gearhead (I hope) to get this repaired & running again in a few hrs... it's good to carry inventory.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:46 PM

I hope you have one. Can't stop now. LOL
Old 04-08-2013, 06:42 PM
JOE

Good to keep inventory Chris, it was running again the next day.

I popped this boulder out of the ground last night. The rock laid horizontal, I dug half way down, then was able to hook the bottom with the ripper.

I'm getting quite a pile of dirt again, almost dug across to the wall, might be another cy by the time I get there.

I'll spend the next couple nights moving this wet dirt back & forth before digging to the wall, it'll help to dry it out & chop up the bigger wet lumps.

If the forecast for snow this week is wrong, then I'll be hauling out by the wkend.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:51 PM

Glad it's fixed. That is a big rock to dig out. Looks like you might need to replace that pipe with all that rust.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Thinking Big

Member Number: 1490

the darn weather here is just nuts!
Old 04-20-2013, 02:35 PM
JOE

The pipe is cast iron, no worries of corrosion.

Finnished digging across to the wall last wkend

I have a bit of a hump in the middle where the water didn't penetrate deep enough, didn't want to make anymore mud at this time.

... it's been snowing or raining all week, so no hauling out. I had a little bit previously crushed dirt to dump into the wall, using the loader with the new bucket it now fills the KH 2.5 scoops! previous spade bucket was a little more 4 scoops.

This one scoop!

And what's left of the 3rd that doesn't fit.

I have this here radiant heater, starting using Tues to dry down the moist dirt quickly and have been screening since Wed... half the pile is seperated already, with the lumps dumped behind water heater & the fines added to an already massive pile.

Gosh!!! talking about snow thru the wkend, I don't see double digits yet in the long term forecast even... my air drill is still sitting in a snowbank!!! This time last yr I started seeding on the 21st of April. Too wet & cold to do anything productive outside and running out of space to do things inside.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:52 PM
"No load too small"

Member Number: 8761
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Gosh!!! talking about snow thru the wkend, I don't see double digits yet in the long term forecast even... my air drill is still sitting in a snowbank!!! This time last yr I started seeding on the 21st of April. Too wet & cold to do anything productive outside and running out of space to do things inside.
Sheesh...time to move south...or two thousand miles southeast...and then you'll have some help removing dirt
Old 11-22-2013, 12:06 AM
JOE

Well it’s been a hectic summer with many farm projects started, and only some completed, as it was another record setting yr with 17inches of rain.... we’ve had more rain in the last 4yrs vs the 50yrs before that! I got the shell of my new Lil Giants workshop put up in June, spray insulated in July & cement floor poured in Oct. Currently waiting on the weather to stop snowing & melting every week so I can trip to the city for interior supplies. I intend to build two interior walls to split the area into three partitions: front will be metal fab cutting welding ect; middle will be sit-down work bench model building area with my lathe/mill in there too; and last area I didn’t cement, still has a dirt floor to mess around in – a test area. Essentially it’s three garages under one roof. I’m gonna have mega bench top space!!! for many projects to go on at once, some will be quick – some could be yrs in the making. That’s the sweetest part, all that workbench space so I can have projects laid out & organized till they get done.

Another summer farm project was making this wire winder and then rolled up nearly 20 miles worth of 3 & 4 wire fences that was 40-50yr old barbed wire stretching out close to 5 miles, then rebuilt 2,5 mile of four wire fence, 2,25 mile was permanently removed to join land parcels together to farm a larger area without obstacles. I tell ya, a very strenuous task to get your blood going & burn off a lot of winter FAT!

I manage to do some floor digging through the summer, but b/c of rain every week, I didn’t get not one load of dirt hauled outside. By the time the ground was dry, I had farmwork to do!

What’s dug out is bigger than what can be seen, that’s just dry fines dump back in there... I’m kinda screwed this winter to do much digging having no where to put it.

I came up with a new idea for export so the weather wouldn’t affect me anymore, build a 3-part conveyer system having a dump pit adjacent to the window opening dumping into a 2nd conveyer up to the inner wall dumping into a 3rd exiting the house... gonna be tricky to keep the winter cold from breezing inward. This is the short conveyer (foot long) that’ll be under the pit. I source the belt from a garden tractor front tire tube, it’s an endless loop, no splice & lot’s of stretch for a positive grip! The other conveyer belts come from 15” car tire tubes, cut out the outer circumference of each tube, following the mold lines for a near perfect parallel cut. I do it with scissors.

I also found an interesting addition for the Lil Giants quarry, a jaw crusher! It’s a laboratory tabletop crusher from Geneq out of Montreal, Quebec. I got it early June and did a lil experimenting, hand feeding rocks from my accumulation under the stairs, crushed about 5ga pail worth... the opening is only 2x2 inch, anything greater than 1,5” in diameter & it really struggled to break it. Any rocks of a dark color, blueish purple, I’m not a geologist, wouldn’t break at all. I intend to incorporate this crusher to run material after it has gone through the dirt lump crusher to fine up clay balls & small rocks to 1/8th inch minus to pass easily on out the export conveyer. Larger rocks & what not will still need to be trked out. The stockpile of crush I currently have has come in handy for pothole filling road repairs... where ever the trks turn a lot carves out/powders the dirt bad! That fine gritty stone is almost like scale pavement.

I’ve got lots of new activities planned, lots of model projects to build, but 1st I’ve got to get my workshop finished to make it all happen.

I’m doing a lil bit of ‘playing’ lately with crushing dry lumps & backfilling what’s left of the last crib wall.

A quick vid showing the Geneq jaw crusher abilities

Old 11-27-2013, 11:25 AM

Wow that rock crusher works pretty good. As aways,loved the vid's. Have you seen or played farming simulator 2013? I have been watching vids on you tub and thinking about buying it. Have a Happy day tomorrow.
Chris
Old 11-27-2013, 07:44 PM
JOE

Now why would I play a farming simulator?

My Happy Day was 6weeks ago, but a Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels to you Chris, my American friend.