Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Agricultural and Industrial Equipment
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Agricultural and Industrial Equipment A place for your agricultural, industrial, and other heavy equipment builds!

Old 11-28-2013, 10:54 AM
I love my wife!!!!

Member Number: 1672
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

farming simulator lol!!!

he only has the ultimate rc excavation site in the world....

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 11-28-2013, 11:53 AM
I never leave, but my wife did!

Member Number: 10
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Thank you Joe. I was just checking on the game. There is a guy that farms and also plays every Saturday and tapes it. After asking I figgered you wouldn't be playing a farm game on you free time from farming and constrion going on in the basement.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:52 PM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 5394

Just when I think that there couldn't be anything else added to the realism of your mining operation, you go and add a rock crusher!

Any plans to make an access tunnel between the basement and the new shop area for the trucks to drive through? Keep up the great work.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:04 PM
JOE

Member Number: 1683

I very much enjoy farming Chris, but after 35yrs I don't luv it that much anymore to play any sims games, they'd probably just pizz me off b/c of their inaccuracy.

I've been eyeballing an addition to my new shop every since the building went up last summer BigSki, I might call the company I got it from in the new yr for a 15x50 lean-to structure to put on the east side so I can connect my house to the shop... it's been a bitter -35C w/windchill nearing -50C this past week, it'd be good to have that!

I got my RCP57 gravel boxes on Friday, one for the green GL & the other is for the pup trl it will pull. These boxes are as described, direct bolt on to existing stock Tamiya holes in the frame, solder the motor wires & run them up to an esc & you're good to go!

Now to get busy with the pup... not a lot to do, but making my own beefy pintle loop & hook will take some time.

If you don't know who RCP57 is, then check out this build of a 10th scale KW850 log trk he built earlier this yr... 98% scratchbuilt from aluminum, Reg even made his own drive axles from a block of aluminum. No cnc, all hand turning.
http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ead.php?t=5939
Old 01-29-2014, 08:00 PM
JOE

Like I've already mentioned, last summer's rain every week from spring thaw to fall freezing, I didn't get any dirt hauled out & I am now out of space to do any new digging... everything has pretty much come to a halt with no free space to pile! So I have to cheat (pail) this small pile up the stairs & out the door & soon start doing some new digging.

This dirt I'm loading into the pails is powder ash dry, to dump the dirt in at the top of pail creates a mushroom cloud of dust to rise above *cough cough*

Reaching down to the bottom to gently place the dirt to minimalize dust has created an interesting challenge to not move the 20L pail with each bucketful. I have less than half inch clearance at the four corners of the excavator bucket. This is pails #14 & 15 and I haven't had a flawless run yet.

Probably have another 10 pails to practice with to clean this up and then dig out this small area that is close to a cu/yd of material.

I haven't done anything with the pup yet, been tinkering with other projects. The GL screwdrive dump has been working great, finished backfilling the wall a few weeks ago.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:44 PM
POWERHOUSE OFFROAD

Member Number: 10058
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

Joe,

I can lend you a squirt bottle! Nice to see the machines running again! Greg
Old 02-04-2014, 08:15 PM
JOE

I got the loose dirt cleaned up & then some more ground soaked up to start digging again. I think I left my garden hose outside, so I came up with another means of slow dripping water, which is with these plastic bowls that I drilled one 1,5mm hole in the bottom & it's working great! I fill them once or twice a day for a week.

And a movie of the JD pulling out its biggest rock yet!

Last edited by Lil Giants : 02-17-2014 at 04:12 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:10 PM

Member Number: 21581

Well finally got to the end of all these 65 pages!

im trying to find a word... cant.

its just too awesome! ur combining fun and work together.

Cheers!
Old 02-08-2014, 03:21 PM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 5394

As cool as this is, I still think some scale sticks of dynamite would drastically speed things along. Just think, you could build the drill rig that makes the holes that the charges would be dropped down, you could make a mini plunger box to set it off.

You could even replicate a miniature 'Myth Busters' episode and make a dump truck ' go away' ...
Old 02-08-2014, 03:44 PM

Member Number: 21561

If you were to use fire crackers you should get the same effect lol as long as you were quick
Old 02-13-2014, 09:42 PM
JOE

Ecosta - one word? entertaining thanx for your interest.

Firecrackers, every yr that subject comes up... I don't have access to such explosives & I wouldn't do if I did either. The dust cloud that would create!

The water soak is a much better method just for dust control alone. But also creates a lot more activity for the present machines to work at. If you haven't noticed, I've slowed the pace way down the last two winters b/c the walls are done & all I have left is the floor... I don't think I'll ever find a better temperature controlled playground than the one I currently have.

A few snaps of the action lately... cleaning up the last of the previous dig... this screener bucket sure has been a handy tool , I think it's done better than 4 cu/yd since Fall of 2012.

Lil man made lake. ...about 3 gallons dumped at once, hopefully it spreads out horizontally somewhat too.

Now I start digging out this small area, its had 4 days of no water & maybe dried somewhat. Then it'll be screening it to pile the fines on the other side of furnance & haul the lumps in behind water heater to dry out for the summer & crush it to fines at the start of next winter.

Old 02-17-2014, 04:08 AM
JOE

The 850 dug down about 10 inches, ground started getting too hard. Moved all the loose moist dirt back into freshly dug hole, then slid down a small hill to start digging at the lower level.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:52 PM
JOE

850 going up.... I almost rolled it over ... I don't know what stopped it... just lucky I was!!! (need a 'wipe the brow' smiley)

Old 02-19-2014, 12:07 AM
POWERHOUSE OFFROAD

Member Number: 10058
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

Nice save! Be careful...dumping your excavator could end up on the internet! Greg
Old 02-21-2014, 11:39 PM
JOE

Had to buy some new 6cell packs for the bd trl lately, so I stuck one in the ol' Mammoth for the 1st time in yrs and it works flawless as usual... just doesn't lift quite high enough is all, gotta jerk the last bit off the back.