Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Agricultural and Industrial Equipment
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Agricultural and Industrial Equipment A place for your agricultural, industrial, and other heavy equipment builds!

Old 11-05-2015, 04:47 PM

Member Number: 24133
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Simply amazing, keep up the good work and awesome ideas!!!
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 11-06-2015, 01:58 PM
JOE

Member Number: 1683

Nope, never have dealt with a building inspector... everything is done to code so I don't screw up insurance... I live in the country, so it's not like I have any neighbors nearby either.

Thanx for the comments & compliments.

New attachment for the JD850.

Old 11-06-2015, 05:06 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 20034

that is cool, there is going to be dirt flying every where.

cheers andy
Old 11-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Enthusiast of R/C vehicles that do actual work

Member Number: 4941

wow cant wait to see it in action!
Old 11-09-2015, 11:29 PM
JOE

Leading edge of the teeth is 4mm tall.

Here's a quick vid showing the dismal result of my grinder idea

Camera doesn't show depth very well... tunnel is about 3ft inward.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:57 PM
I love my wife!!!!

Member Number: 1672
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

Well it was a cool idea! Just call it version one and im sure the next one will be way better.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:28 PM
Young Street Urchin

Member Number: 23755

Wow! I've never seen anything like it. It there such an attachment in real construction? I think it's an amazing tool.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:46 AM
JOE

Try out version two here shortly, a different idea for teeth...

I wish I had the tools & talent to build something like this in scale.

Old 11-12-2015, 11:59 AM
Young Street Urchin

Incredible. Never knew it existed. What a versatile tool.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:22 PM
JOE

I cut up a wooden handled wire brush, the flexible wire bent in a U & stapled into the wood... just shoved the U profile in the hole of the drum, then a 3mm steel pin & locked in place with the set screw. Switched the drums left right so it drags the wire bristles... works muuuuch better! But the motor is still lacking in power... it'd be good if I could get a stronger brushed motor (more poles would that be?) that would fit this spur gearhead so I wouldn't have to completely rebuild the mount. I found on RC4WD the inner shafts, so shortening the drums is possible... try half the width & double up the holes/bristles for a smoother continuous contact.

Here's a vid, grinder cutting away at the sand layer below the cement...

Old 12-05-2015, 11:41 PM
JOE

Work on the tunnel this week has been digging the trench so I can sit closer to mouth of the tunnel... before I was 5ft further back & the shadows of the back lighting were making it difficult to see into the dimly lit tunnel... how my eye sight has changed so much in just a few yrs.

Getting the dirt built up level between the doorways in the back room... the dozer levels the dump piles to about half inch layer & the B50 with a load on does such a great job packing that I hardly leave a footprint walking on it.

This here pile of dirt directly behind tunnel, I dumped the dirt here so I didn't have to personally climb out of hole with each B50 load, this is the dirt pile the 450 should be clearing away... but I'll make it disappear with the 850 tomorrow using the pan... the pan works really well to fill in all the low spots & level out a large area with precision.

Getting to be quite a pile of rocks already & some big ones too!

All cleaned out, ready to do some more ripping & digging...

I did some measuring & rough calculating... with the tunnel just over 6ft underground & the hole with ramp & cut-in steps behind it, I've excavated about 8.2 cubic yards...
Old 12-06-2015, 06:49 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 7833
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Joe you have put that excavator through a lot and it still working I guess it wasn't a waist of money when we bought these excavators. I must say I haven't used my excavator very much but I thing you used my excavator more than I have but it is good to know that they will last for quite awhile and keep running. Ed
Old 12-06-2015, 01:29 PM
Young Street Urchin

I'm amazed. I just saw a documentary on heavy machines and one of them was the "CONTINUOUS MINING MACHINE".
It digs out the ore, which falls onto the conveyor to move it out and just keeps moving forward.

Here's one for low ceilings like coal mining.

Old 12-21-2015, 04:54 PM
JOE

It'd be great to build something like that, but as always for such type of working scale models, having enough weight & power to make it function properly is a problem.

A few ppl had asked a couple months ago if frost would be a problem?... digging dirt there's no issue with the ground freezing, but the frost build up on the exposed cement ceiling whenever the temps get down to -15 to -20C for a few days, frost gets about half inch thick, then when it warms up again right away, it makes it rain in the tunnel! ... a bright sunny day yesterday & near 0, a lot of water steadily drizzling all day ,... used a small space heater overnight & the ceiling was thankfully dry this morning.

Shot this vid a couple days ago... 5mins afterward, the 2x12 Sabertooth, one motor output operates the swing, it suddenly QUIT! It'd been in the JD850 close to 4yrs. Don't have any more 2x12's on hand, but did have a 2x25, it's overkill, but it's working again. The radio settings for the 2x12 don't transfer to the 2x25 Hope I can make the 2x25 function as smooth & precise as what the 2x12 did.

And here's a vid of the Izzybilt dozer leveling the dirt piles in the adjoining room.

Old 12-22-2015, 08:22 PM
JOE

Made another vid this morning placing the gopro on the cab of the B50... a change of hydraulic pump to increase flow 30% didn't make a dramatic difference in speed, but it is noticeably faster, especially on the boom lift with some activation of the other 2 valves simultaneously. What's most interesting is my run time on a 5amp pack dropped about 20%, 45-50min down to 35-40min. And also, when the pump slows down to its idle speed there's this sorta chirping sound, kinda like how a muffled diesel sounds on fast idle, it doesn't make that sound when motor/pump is running full speed & the previous pump never did it at all.