Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > 1/8, 1/6 and larger scale Trux!
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

1/8, 1/6 and larger scale Trux! Discuss your large scale projects here, 1/8, 1/6 and larger scales. Juggy, TXT, Clod, TF, MF and similar based rigs.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:54 AM

Member Number: 25805
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default Ford F-150 on HG chassis

For this conversion I used a Nikko F-150 body on a chassis of HG parts and alu profile. The body is probably closer to 1/8 than 1/6 scale and it's definitely not a very accurate scale model. The wheel arches are way too wide and so is the truck bed. Nevertheless, it has a nice interior and these Nikko cars are easy to get hold of (second hand) and cheap, unlike the New Bright ones. I bought three of these Nikko cars and used the worst one for my conversion (its previous owner was no doubt a rather reckless driver ....).

The interior module, disadvantage is that it's very heavy :

The body of my most pristine one :

I removed the stickers, plugged some holes, cut a hole for the sunroof and removed the massive bars underneath the doors:

The chassis mostly consists of HG parts. The front drive shaft consists of two interlocking 5 mm shafts of which one is fixed to the brass sleeve and the other is left free to move up and down.

The present state of the truck, I still have to fit side mirrors, windscreen wipers, lights etc.:

Arjan
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 08-13-2017, 04:56 PM
I need to think of something catchy here...

Member Number: 2402
B/S/T Feedback: (27)

That looks pretty nice man. I like the tire size on there, might just need a bigger rim to complete the look.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:38 AM

Thanks, again I agree with you. I would also have preferred wheels with bigger rims. Thing is that I used 1.9 wheels (diameter about 11.5cm, 4cm wide) and I doubt if any bigger rims are available/ would fit. Of course I could be wrong I don't know much about wheels and tires. I tried some cheap monster truck wheels of roughly the same diameter (slightly bigger and 1.5cm wider) with bigger rims. As can be judged from the following pics this completely destroys the scale look :

With even bigger track wideners :

I welcome suggestions for more appropriate wheels/tires.

Regards,

Arjan
Old 08-16-2017, 11:07 PM
I need to think of something catchy here...

Member Number: 2402
B/S/T Feedback: (27)

Yeah you could always go with a 2.2 scale wheel and just reuse the 1.9 tires (they will stretch over the rims) but its not a big deal really and truck should perform nice the way it sits.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:37 AM

In the mean time I have fitted the 1/8 scale 3d side mirrors printed by an acquaintance of mine :

https://www.shapeways.com/product/QK...ionId=63279451

I sanded the mirrors slightly before painting them with Vallejo Polyurethane black. I made a triangular base of plastic card for the mirrors allowing them to pivot. The original Nikko mirrors were fixed rigidly to the body and snapped off at the slightest impact (that's why most of the second hand Nikko trucks have missing mirrors).

Some pics of the mirrors and a local "safari" :

Regards,

Arjan

Last edited by reinaart : 08-19-2017 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-02-2017, 03:22 PM

We've made a video clip today :

Arjan