Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > 1/8, 1/6 and larger scale Trux!
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

1/8, 1/6 and larger scale Trux! Discuss your large scale projects here, 1/8, 1/6 and larger scales. Juggy, TXT, Clod, TF, MF and similar based rigs.

Old 11-18-2012, 04:27 AM
bye for now

Member Number: 450
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jepensedoucjsuis View Post
The wheels are RPM 2.2" Bully wheels. The tires are the 2.2 Moabs and the grip is fantastic. They self clean like no other tire. This truck is more of a trail & mud rig then a scale truck. But I really do like those mud country tires, I would like the treads to be deeper. I just wish I could justify spending the cash on new tires when I already have so many sets of 2.2" tires from other trucks. I would love to see a set of 2.2 interco swampers or mud slingers on this truck. But Wifes masters degree comes first....

i run those. they are very very grippy and way too soft. like glue on hard surface to the point its annoying. im looking for a set that's slicker and harder.

the TSL boggers are perfect but a tad too large

anyway, its a great tire for offroad for a light truck. not for much else
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 11-18-2012, 07:44 AM
Builder of low end high budget vehicles...

Member Number: 4701
B/S/T Feedback: (31)

Great looking truck. Agree that the wheels and tires look a bit small, but not bad at all for a set of 2.2's.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:27 PM

Member Number: 7584
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Your priorities are inline. The hobby comes second always. Buy when you can, and enjoy where you're at for the moment.
Could have not said it any better myself mate.
I am honestly chuff to bits with this truck. No, Its not as good as "Big Blue" Its to long, its not very stable. It is heavy and some what hopeless when it comes to the hard stuff but in a fun way. Its great when you have a rig that just goes everywhere. It is. But its is so much the more when you have to work it and at it. That is not to say it is no good, honestly I love it. It sways rather epically and that looks just fantastic. I love cheap builds. They are always the most surprising. When you spend a bunch of money on a rig you sort of hope that it will be fantastic. Then when its not perfect you feel sort of let down. This like "Blue" was just sort of thrown together. And always seems to surprise. I can't wait to really give it the business. I just need to get one more part for it..

As for the tire size, This truck by measurements of the real thing is 1/8th scale. So the 2.2 wheels make a nearly 17" rim while the moab's 4.8"OD it make for a 38.4" tire. In person they look great but in the photos they look a little small. But this this is pushing 32 inches so everything looks small. I need a set of 5.5 OD Pullers or something. A set of 44's on this would be pretty cool.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Your Friendly LHS Employee

Member Number: 6476
B/S/T Feedback: (22)

You dont need expensive tires to make these big trucks look and work good.

Heres my old 1:6 SS, 2.8 wheels and venom ridgelines i made 2.8.

Broke MoFo Member #41
Quote:
Originally Posted by igotit View Post
where did those gay smilies come from.....i want them!
Old 11-18-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalerlover View Post
You dont need expensive tires to make these big trucks look and work good.

Heres my old 1:6 SS, 2.8 wheels and venom ridgelines i made 2.8.
I like those wheels and tires. But These were already pre-glued so I used them as they were.
As for your truck, That is the same as mine. If you do the measurements, It really is 1:8 scale, not 1:6 as the box it came it would have you believe.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:26 AM

Well now... Hershypark is closed.. I have 2 months of time to work on RC trucks. So..... This truck along with my other projects will get finished finally. So check back in the coming weeks.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:30 PM

Member Number: 11745

Just browsing around and found your thread again, Man that truck turned out great! I did decide to try my hand again on something smaller scale, guess I can post up a thread....
Old 02-09-2017, 09:43 PM

Dude, thanks. Since the build the front diff grenaded and the rear gave up too. But it's still mostly intact. Needs electronicsome and gear box now. But those Tamiya 3 speeds are a pita to get.

I've been gone a few years. But I'm back with some less than sane plans.