Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Micro R/C Trux!
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Micro R/C Trux! Anything smaller than 1/12 scale. VMGs, Mini Z's etc!

Old 05-15-2019, 06:31 AM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 14261
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Awesome thanks for that, I'll check it out as soon I have a chance. Been going cross-eyed on the tig at work lol
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 05-17-2019, 06:59 AM
Wasting Time'r

Yay... It fell apart......... sort of

That was a real mission to get it apart. If you ever try this, the hardest thing to get undone was the "pods" on the sides. They hide a couple of tabs inside and the only way I could get them apart was to basically force them off and sort of sacrifice a tag or two. The problem is you can't easily get to the tab holding the grey steps in.

Overall I didn't break too much and once I get the wheels off I can start to figure things out.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:30 PM
Wasting Time'r

The wheels on these are ridiculously difficult to remove. I made a quick spreader to wind pressure in as I warmed up the plastic with the heat gun to get the front axle apart. That didn't work for the back axle, not enough room and didn't want to mess up the plastic chassis with heat. So brainwave.. Grip the wheel in the lathe and pull the other while it spins. Worked great. Chewed the plastic a little where the knurling on the steel axle came out but not fussed.

I'm hoping to use the original wheels with probably a hub of some kind to hook up to a losi micro axle or similar, depends what I've got that fits.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:13 PM
Another Newbie

Member Number: 2028

Does the rollout between your front/rear look like you can gear around it to get 4wd, or just keeping it Rwd?

I like the accessory hubs some of the places selling gearmotors carry. If you're going losi micro, probably scrap a set of those rims to make adapters

My fork was able to get by with an epoxy putty 'bushing' that was formed in place between the output shaft and hub. Then it was pulled out and CA back into the wheel. But that's with 150rpm motor on little tiny wheels, so it won't amplify runout as much..
Old 05-21-2019, 06:32 AM
Wasting Time'r

I haven't measured that up yet, was wondering the same thing. If it doesn't add up nicely I think it's fine being only Rwd. Guess it depends how much traction it can muster like that.

I'll have a look around for those, might make it easier as I was thinking of doing something to fill the open backs of the wheels. Maybe some extra weight would be good for it too. Epoxy putty could help there too.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:21 PM
Wasting Time'r

I measured it out but I don't know what to do with the answer.

Back wheel 230mm roll-out
Front wheel 170mm
Gives 1:1.35 ratio

If I used the losi transmission, what would I need to do to the output to make the same rotation speed?
Old 05-22-2019, 07:42 PM
Wasting Time'r

The butchery has begun..

I've worked out how to adapt the wheels, shave away the excess plastic of the original axle support but leave enough to act as a key into the recess on the standard losi wheel. With the beadlock ring removed I can use the screws to mount the modified bruder to the rim. I need some longer screws but calling that a win for now.

Began trying to fit the axle in the rear.

It's fitting in there, the width is almost perfect but could maybe do with a shim between the bruder and losi hubs to gain a little breathing space, it's very close to rubbing the inner edge of the tyre.

Partial win.. I'm dopey though and didn't account for the relative thickness of the losi putting the axle center higher than it should be. I really should have cut from the bottom up rather than top down but I was trying to retain the moulded "diff" in the bruder shell. Might have to rebuild the top slot and start again from the bottom to get the axle low enough. Not the end of the world.