Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > General R/C Banter > Scale 4x4 Build Offs and Contests
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Old 03-16-2011, 08:43 AM
Everybody Needs Rock N Roll

Member Number: 4514
B/S/T Feedback: (45)
Default Fundraiser for my Nephew and Cancer Research

Hey guys just kind of doing a feeler thread about this. So please let me know if anyone would be interested in making a donation. I have already cleared this with Mods and Admins so now I just need to know if anyone would be willing to donate.

So here's the deal since "raffles" are not really accpeted by paypal, I was going to ask for $10 donations and one lucky donor will receive my "Eye of the Tiger" D90 Land Rover body. I kind of olost interest in this and it could sit on my shelf for years but I thought heck lets do this. Here is the link to the body.
http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58046

A little about the body, it is the hard body D90, Pardonmynoob and his awesome styrene skills extended the WB to a perfect 11.4 to fit on a stock SCX10 Chassis. He also did a great drop bed and made a snorkel plus its got a kick A$$ paint job. THe body will come with all of the trim pieces for the lights that are included with the body plus the shortened interior and some decals.

Now for my nephew, his name is Jace and he is a 4th grader. He is currently under going weekly chemo therapy treatments at our local Cancer Center Roswell Park. Last year he was diagnosed with T-Lymphoblastic Lymphoma.
We are having a fundraiser that many people of our family our donating items to raffle off at a breakfast, like gift baskets, blankets, etc. Some big local companies like Fisher Price have also donated merchandise to raffle off at the breakfast. Fisher Price as of right now has donated $10,000 in toys to the cause. A portion of the fund will go to help keep Jace's medical bills in check because the family's insurance is not hardly covering any of it and a large portion will go to fund more cancer research.

So let me know what you guys think, I need some feedback good ro bad.

Thanks, Ed

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 03-16-2011, 08:53 AM
bent stick shoot straight stick, sometimes hit target

Member Number: 3635
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

personally i'm not bothered about the body, but let us know the paypal address so we can send some funds his way, i don't have much, but i can spare him some, with what's happening to him his family desserve our support
Old 03-16-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oggy View Post
personally i'm not bothered about the body, but let us know the paypal address so we can send some funds his way, i don't have much, but i can spare him some, with what's happening to him his family desserve our support
The body is kind of my of donating something I have other my time to him. I try to go and see once every couple of weeks so he can see different people. He doesn't get to go oputside right now and play so he gets pretty bored sitting in the house all day. So thanks Oggy, I'm running this feeler for a day or so while I'm setting up the paypal addy.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:08 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 8847
B/S/T Feedback: (6)

Im in, thanks for the chance

No, seriously. I think its a great idea of yours and Id gladly donate some cash even without the chance of winning the body.

Ive seen what cancer can do so you can count on my donation. Even though it might not be too much.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Waiting for my free magic pen!!

Member Number: 2692
B/S/T Feedback: (26)

It's a great idea Ed, could the body not be sent to a generous member to be placed on a chassis and maybe get it RTR with or without radio? If i was closer i would finish it for you, but not sure whether that would be an option with me being so far away? If someone else will do it, i could send over some parts that may help?
Old 03-16-2011, 09:14 AM
bent stick shoot straight stick, sometimes hit target

Member Number: 3635
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockEd Out View Post
The body is kind of my of donating something I have other my time to him.
i understand that mate, i was just saying i don't need an incentive to give money, buy i think it's a nice thing you are doing
Old 03-16-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
It's a great idea Ed, could the body not be sent to a generous member to be placed on a chassis and maybe get it RTR with or without radio? If i was closer i would finish it for you, but not sure whether that would be an option with me being so far away? If someone else will do it, i could send over some parts that may help?
Ian if someone wants to finish it up or build it up or whatever I'm all for it. I just don't have the time right now or the means to do so.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:41 AM
THE_JOKER

Member Number:

Id'e buy a ticket fo sho! i really want that body lol.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:54 AM
I ain't not a dorkus

Member Number: 8206
B/S/T Feedback: (31)

It's a good cause Ed, I won't hold it against you that you're not building the Eye of the Tiger. I'll gladly make a donation.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_JOKER View Post
Id'e buy a ticket fo sho! i really want that body lol.
We are still talking about the D90 right???
Old 03-16-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
It's a good cause Ed, I won't hold it against you that you're not building the Eye of the Tiger. I'll gladly make a donation.
Thanks noob, I just know its going to be a long time before I get to it and when I do I probably won't have the drive to finish it right. So I'drather see it go to a good home and support a good cause at the same time!
Old 03-16-2011, 10:00 AM
THE_JOKER

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockEd Out View Post
We are still talking about the D90 right???

.............................we are now....... lol
Old 03-16-2011, 11:06 AM
Banned

Member Number: 14269
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

count me in for a ticket, just to help out. wish i could offer to donate something more, but i will certainly make a ticket purchase. even without a prize being offered. let me know where to sent it.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:16 AM

Thanks krawl!

Just a side note I'll also be taking a working copy of Don Jarrs Calendar with me to the fund raiser. My nephew and his father, plus a bunch of other guys that will be there are into rc and I'll be trying to sell some of the calendars while I am there.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:22 AM
No I didn't

Member Number: 8571
B/S/T Feedback: (14)

I'll gladly donate, should have some spare change later tonight after my 1:1 project car is sold, as soon as its gone I will let you know