Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Monsters, Scale 4X2, & Non scale R/C > Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles This is the place to put your Sand Scorchers, Bajas and other various 2wd offroad R/C's

Old 09-23-2010, 11:10 PM
never follow

Member Number: 1352
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default dodge mega cab race truck

so after ghetto stretching my stampede for a build off in a short amount of time, throwing on a 1/6 hummer body and making the suspension super stiff to support the body, it wasnt that fun to drive. it was fun in the sense that it looked kind of cool, drove like a real hummer (lol) and was decent on power, it was still undergeared for its weight, spit out driveshafts like non other and turned like a semi.

sooo, i shortened the chassis, made it lighter using aluminum sides and swapped out the springs for something softer. i originally put esavage springs in (yeah...) and they worked, but now im using integy piggy back shocks upfront, stock (for now) rear shocks and ive kept the mamba 5700k but im probably going to use a 7 cell battery.

so onto pics

i know the wb is off but when the suspension compresses, it moves the tire towards the door and the scaler in me wants to keep it relatively good looking. for some nice touches, it will get a roof basket, some lights and a spare tire (not fullsize).

paint tomorrow hopefully.

thanks for looking!
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:04 PM
never follow

painted, trimmed and side plates on..it still rubs and im gonna clean up the edges with my dremel.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:08 PM

Member Number: 10563
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Wow! That's cool! Looks nice man
Old 09-24-2010, 11:15 PM
never follow

thanks man! still have more stuff to do yet..it still doesnt run. just cleaning up some stuff, adding some minor details, putting on some lights, etc.