Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > Pigpen of Miscellany
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Pigpen of Miscellany This is the place to discuss anything you like that does not deal with R/C.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:10 AM
I never leave, but my wife did!

Member Number: 2929
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default ebay issue- help!

Ordered an m03 body from a seller on ebay last wednesday (6th june) and it was sent out relatively soon after via royal mail first class recorded from what's been posted on the info page.
I've still had nothing though- I messaged the seller and his response was that it will be at the sorting office awaiting collection, or at my post office, yet they leave a card if this happens and i've had nothing

Little bit annoyed, the seller doesn't seem bothered- i've messaged him again asking for the tracking number (there will be one with recorded won't there?) but not heard anything back yet.

Where do I go from here? it says 3-4 days for shipping so I think I've been paitent concidering I've had first class from me in birmingham to people not even on the mainland in less than 24 hours.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 06-14-2012, 06:31 AM
Varyag og Muspelheim

Member Number: 1018
B/S/T Feedback: (14)

Once he's shipped it, it's out of his hands. All any post office will do is tell him where it is.

My advise is go to the said post office and ask. Sometimes they forget cards, or something ... At best, posties are only human, at worst they are public servants.

I feel for you, but, it's not fair to give someone bad feedback when they have upheld their part of the deal.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:36 AM

Nah, I didn't want to go giving him bad feedback- not unless I know he's shipped it. I'll wait and see what he says about this tracking number, but a trip to the sorting office tomorrow might be worth a try then.
Our posty is usually good, if we're not in he'll take it next door or hide it somewhere and write on the card. Not had anything though
Old 06-14-2012, 06:47 AM
I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

Member Number: 12649
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Give the seller a reasonable chance to send you a tracking number, keep him sweet even he doesn't seem bothered though (benefit of doubt and all that). If you paid for registered delivery and he sent that way it's most likely down to Royal Mail and not the seller.

I've had this type of thing before, turned out the person delivering the parcel "couldn't find the address" that was Royal Mail too.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:41 AM
Bucket List 1) Get a Truck on American TV. Completed

Member Number: 2380
B/S/T Feedback: (18)

Its not your responsiblilty its the sellers

If you haven't got it the seller should do the chasing not you.

Open a paypal dispute for an unrecieved item now

Who's the seller?
Old 06-14-2012, 11:44 AM

Off down the sorting office tomorrow, fingers crossed its there

did get a reply from him but no tracking number, just explaining to me that the posty probably won't have left a card Ours usually writes on abit of scrap paper if nothing else so I'm at a loose end, unless they switched them over.
Going to message again for the tracking number, at least I'll have something else to take with me to the sorting office then.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm Ron Burgandy?

Member Number: 13407
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

If you know that all shipments of this sort are assigned a tracking number, and you've asked the seller several times to give you said number and not received it, I'd say you've got a solid reason to open a dispute against the seller. If they can't provide proof they've shipped it, its their butt on the line not yours...IMO.

If you get a tracking number or proof of shipment, then I say leave him be and chase after it yourself. I had this happen a few months back on a small micro plane I bought off a guy on craigslist. Said over and over he shipped, even said that the first shipment was returned, but never once gave me a tracking number to investigate myself. I emailed him after 20 days of run-arounds and no plane, giving him 24 hours to respond with tracking info or a dispute would be opened. I had to open a dispute and had my money back within 3-4 days.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:29 PM

Yeah, Hopefully it won't come to that Been hoping this body would come whilst I had time off. oh well... It does say on his ebay that 'every item is sent with proof of shipping' and apart from the fact he's changed the status to dispatched theres nothing.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:38 PM

Member Number: 9240

Some people sell things that are drop shipped from a distrubuter. It is possible he is doing this. Or maybe he messed up on his inventory counts and is waiting to get it from his source. The other thing about ebay is they give discounts to power sellers if they ship within 24hrs, which basically means they can print a shipping label and marked shipped and wait a few days to get it out.
Not making excuses for the seller, I am also very impatient when I buy stuff online. It seems one thing you order you get right away then the next time it takes forever. Yes we are at the mercy of public servants!!
Old 06-15-2012, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dready View Post
Its not your responsiblilty its the sellers

If you haven't got it the seller should do the chasing not you.

Open a paypal dispute for an unrecieved item now

Who's the seller?

sorry completely missed this, but I do agree- although I will be checking down the sorting office. Worth a shot. I won't name drop, I'm going to give him a chance to sort this out first but he hasn't responded to my second request for a tracking number and I have nil proof he's actually sent the thing.

I'll be tempted to open a dispute later if nothing comes of the sorting office and this guy won't reply with a tracking number. It's funny, there's someone in his feedback who had the exact issue, but he apparently issued the tracking number to them. Hmmm. Something tells me its sat on his kitchen table still...
Old 06-15-2012, 08:56 AM

Sorting office came up with nothing, told me I need a tracking number. Think it'll be dispute time soon if he doesn't cough up.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:03 AM

Yeah, I'd give him a warning and time limit to respond, say 24hrs, then it's dispute time. Hope it gets sorted soon
Old 06-15-2012, 09:37 AM

thanks worst part is, its quite a rare bodyshell now, the tamiya monte carlo mini set- I've seen others but they're putting the prices up alot.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:16 PM

Well, they've replied and said if its not here by tuesday they'll put another out to me on wednesday

There was some confusion as another person ordered the same body the day before and requested first class recorded, and they thought that was me, but mine has been sent first class it turns out. Hopefully it shows soon, got paint ready and everything
Old 06-15-2012, 01:10 PM

Ha, I reckon he'll put it in the post tomorrow then! Hope it does turn up