Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Monsters, Scale 4X2, & Non scale R/C > Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles This is the place to put your Sand Scorchers, Bajas and other various 2wd offroad R/C's

Old 06-20-2010, 02:46 AM
C.U.S.T.O.M

Member Number: 873
B/S/T Feedback: (4)
Default FLM/RPM Pede Build

I own a Slash that I have had fun with for a while but I have always missed my Pede. I don't have a whole lot of experience with BL setups so I have decided that I am going to build this truck and learn. Well since I missed my Pede I looked around on Ebay and found a FLM super chassis with a set of skids. Well I won the auction and here is what I ended up with.

So now I am anxious to get more and more done but I don't have any parts. Well I just made an order to RC Monster and picked out a few things that arrived a few days later.

Well since the parts were here I decided to try and get started and of course the first thing I tore into was the tranny housing. It was a simple thing to do, just take the gears from the plastic housing and place them into their new aluminum home. I would like to say that I got the aluminum housing to help keep the motor cool but hell I would be lying.....I love the look of aluminum....lol. Anyways here are some pics.....

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 06-20-2010, 07:47 AM
I lost my brain! Please help me to find it!!

Member Number: 9159
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

wow, very Bling-looking

please, can you tell me how long are the lower arms (front)?
thanks
Old 06-20-2010, 08:48 AM
Banned

Member Number: 3176
B/S/T Feedback: (27)

FLM parts are not only beautifully machined, but are about as close to bullet proof as you can possible get. you will be VERY happy with them!!
ive owned a few FLM equipped 'pedes, and have loved every one of them.

the only bad thing is, once you see how much more abuse you can give the truck, you will be trying some pretty crazy things with it. oh wait, thats not a bad thing.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:05 PM
C.U.S.T.O.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana View Post
wow, very Bling-looking

please, can you tell me how long are the lower arms (front)?
thanks
From hingepin to hingepin I measured 3.5 inches, give or take a 1/32

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon View Post
FLM parts are not only beautifully machined, but are about as close to bullet proof as you can possible get. you will be VERY happy with them!!
ive owned a few FLM equipped 'pedes, and have loved every one of them.

the only bad thing is, once you see how much more abuse you can give the truck, you will be trying some pretty crazy things with it. oh wait, thats not a bad thing.
Talon those are the two main reasons why I decided to go with FLM parts. I have had their parts on my Emaxx, Tmaxx and Savvy. I actually just sold the parts that I had on my Savvy because I am going to convert it to a BL system. Been looking at the 1/5 conversions from TCS, but that is another chapter...lol.

I did some work on it last night and today, got most of it assembled but I still got some parts to order. Mainly shocks, radio, battery and the motor. The one I have mounted is a 7700, looking to get a 4600 but I need to sell the other motor first

Old 06-29-2010, 08:12 PM
C.U.S.T.O.M

Hey guys kinda new here to the forums but I have a Stampede project that I wanted to post up. It used to be a Slash but I really missed my Stampede so I decided to convert it back. Then the FLM bug struck me, I have had products from them on both my Maxx and Savvy so I knew the quality of the parts.

Well I made a order through Mike and my parts were here in 3 days, I actually had to pick up the bulkhead from another shop because it was not in stock. Anyways enough with the chit chat, I hope you like the pics

Old 06-29-2010, 08:49 PM
Banned

she's a beauty!!
Old 06-30-2010, 08:06 AM

wow, it looks very agressive

it's very similar to the Lifted Truck by Losi, isn't it?
Old 06-30-2010, 11:05 PM
C.U.S.T.O.M

Well my camera took a crap, well the batteries died. I wanted to get some pics before I ran out of sun so I used my cell phone. I am now officially taking the plunge into lipos with my very first lipo pack

Looks right at home in the FLM chassis:

Makes me not want to paint the body now....lol
Old 07-01-2010, 12:02 AM
To many ideas and not enough time or money

Member Number: 3721

Wow thats awsome, i miss my pede too after seeing this i might need to buy it back and do a rebuild
Old 07-02-2010, 09:37 AM
C.U.S.T.O.M

Gotta love pedes because they can take a beating, but when you need parts they are very cheap.....well stock parts anyways. I just figured with going brushless I would need a very rigid truck. I am even thinking of picking up another one because they are so simply built it doesn't take much to get them up and running.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Banned

whatcha got in mind for paint? gonna have to do something really killer to compliment that chassis!!!
Old 07-02-2010, 10:15 AM
C.U.S.T.O.M

I have an idea for the paint, the hard part is making it reality. I haven't painted alot of lexan bodies and still have a hard time with the whole reverse painting thing. I will try to get something done either today or tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed....lol.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:50 AM
C.U.S.T.O.M

Started to get the body prepped for paint and put on the window masks. I am thinking that I will chrome the grill and toolbox and leave the bed clear. Other than that started to mask off a few lines then I had some other things to take care of today...hopefully will get to do more on it tomorrow. Here is the start of the paint work.......
Old 07-04-2010, 04:38 AM
C.U.S.T.O.M

Well I ran out of daylight today when it was time to spray so it made it a little more difficult to see the colors, plus I haven't done this in a while. Anyways I used faskolor and spazstix paints, then the one area that I used tamiya paint.....well lets say I wasn't at all happy with it. Lesson learned. There were some bleed throughs but hey all in all I think it came out good.....just a little rusty

I'll try to get some daytime pics tomorrow but for now these will do.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altered Image View Post
Well I ran out of daylight today when it was time to spray so it made it a little more difficult to see the colors, plus I haven't done this in a while. Anyways I used faskolor and spazstix paints, then the one area that I used tamiya paint.....well lets say I wasn't at all happy with it. Lesson learned. There were some bleed throughs but hey all in all I think it came out good.....just a little rusty

I'll try to get some daytime pics tomorrow but for now these will do.

wow, awesome paint job