Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Micro R/C Trux!
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Micro R/C Trux! Anything smaller than 1/12 scale. VMGs, Mini Z's etc!

Old 07-30-2017, 04:41 PM

Member Number: 25776
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default Orlandoo ex-Jeep

Hi all. Thought I'd share my Orlandoo project. I'm not the biggest fan of the looks of new Jeeps, so as soon as my OH35A01 was together and I popped the body on I started pondering what else I might be able to fit on it. After quite a bit of searching I decided the Tamiya 1/32 Land Cruiser might work out. I was very happy to find that the Land Cruiser body is nearly a perfect fit on the OH35A01 chassis. Just needed to extend the wheelbase and deal with body mounts.

Getting close to finished, just need to tackle body and paint work. Not my favorite. The longer I put it off the better I like it white. Also, haven't decided if it will get lights or not so don't set the bar too high for me

Let's get to the pictures:

Starting off with the flex shot (not quite maxed)

Lengthened the​ wheelbase to 80.5mm. The rear is stretched out a hair more than the front. I used OH35P01 upper links to replace the lower links on the A01 since they were slightly longer.

For the front I bent a U shaped piece of thin aluminum to fit between the frame rails and shock mount. I screwed the aluminum to the shock mounts and front crossmember, then used that space to add a little weight up front. It extends about 3.5mm in front of the crossmember and butts into the back of the grill area on the body. I separated the bumper from the body and added two tabs to center it side to side. (Sorry about the fuzzy pic)

For the rear of the body I used a couple scraps of styrene to extend a piece of V shaped styrene rod that hooks into the stock Orlandoo rear body mount. The body presses down onto the rock sliders which gives it a nice solid feel.

A pic showing how much the tires stick out (stock OH35A01 width)

Here's a few pics for size comparison. Just for fun

Hope you like it
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 10-06-2017, 02:45 PM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 528
B/S/T Feedback: (17)

Very cool. Care to share any details on the whjte flatfender willys in background?? My first orlandoo truck ford arrived yesterday. Got a diecast coin bank of a 46 chevy 1.5ton truck. Looking at possibly a rebody for it. Worst case axles are too wide and i end up having to use jeep axles.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:05 PM
Long Tall Texan

Member Number: 965
B/S/T Feedback: (8)

Very nice indeed! I always thought that little FJ looked pretty neat and I think you just made it better.

Harry