Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > Pigpen of Miscellany
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Pigpen of Miscellany This is the place to discuss anything you like that does not deal with R/C.

Old 05-02-2018, 03:06 PM
BigSki2

Member Number:
Default account access goes away after a certain period of not posting?

Hey everyone,

my screen name on here is BigSki. I haven't posted much in here in a while, but a few days ago I wanted to update my old 1/6 Jeep thread and wasn't able to log in. It kept telling me that my password wasn't recognized. I then tried to reset the PW and got a message that my email wasn't recognized. The next popup instruction told me to contact an admin, which is hard to do when you can't log in !

I just opened a new account with almost the same screen name. I just sent Spoon a PM informing him as to what has happened and asked him to reactivate my old acc't and delete this new one as I don't want to lose access to any of my old build threads or post count. ( Who wants to be a noon again?? LOL)

I hope that I haven't committed any capitol crimes by circumventing the system in this manner, I really had no other means to contact an Admin.

I had PM'd Matt (ImThatGuy) on RCC to ask if he had any admin/mod privileges over here, which he told me he didn't but he might 'know a guy'.

I'm just trying to get back into my account on this site, I've always enjoyed being in here.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 05-02-2018, 10:52 PM

Member Number: 1
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

Hi, no problem at all! I'm glad you made the account and posted... lol I was waiting to see if you'd get things figured out. 1BJB let us know you were having a problem logging in, there's a thread here: http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=84755

The contact for (and Contact Us link) was disabled for those not logged in some time ago when spammers were flooding our inbox with junkmail. It never occurred to me that it could cause a problem like this...

Anyway, back to your account... I'll be happy to get it sorted out for you! Can I assume the email address on this new account is current? If necessary I'll change the email on your original account to match and then start the password reset so you can set it to whatever it needs to be and log in. (Or I can generate a random PW and send it to you to log in with and you can change it that way)

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm glad you're here ready to post! lol We will get it fixed up asap!
-Keith
Old 05-03-2018, 01:50 AM
Administrator - Professor Spoon! I have Evil Powers, and I teach! Mwuhahaha

Member Number: 16
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

I think it's sorted out now - it was the old E-mail address that was the issue.

The BigSki 2 account has been deleted, and BigSki's account has been updated to the correct E-mail. He was able to PM me overnight from the main account so this should be sorted

Old 05-03-2018, 11:07 AM

Member Number: 1
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

Good deal! Shortly after my last post here I went and checked the accounts, and changed the password on the original to a random one and PMed it to him on the new account. I hope I didn't mess something up after he'd already gotten back into it... lol Either way with his current email on the original account he should be able to reset the password that way if need be.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:43 PM
Administrator - Professor Spoon! I have Evil Powers, and I teach! Mwuhahaha

Member Number: 16
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

I don't think it messed anything up - he PM'ed me today to say he'd been able to use the regular "change password" thing to set a memorable password - much easier to do now its a valid E-mail address

Lucky it wasn't anything worse, I had wondered if we had some kind of gremlin in the inner workings of the server... I mean you didn't feed them after midnight, right Keith?