Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > Pigpen of Miscellany
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Pigpen of Miscellany This is the place to discuss anything you like that does not deal with R/C.

Old 04-12-2017, 05:23 PM
I WILL Hijack & De-Rail your thread into uselessness!

Member Number: 128
B/S/T Feedback: (6)
Default Pretty Cool 1/10 Vintage Arcade games

So, limping through the 'Mart & picked up the Q*bert one of these-

http://gamester81.com/q-bert-color-l...rom-basic-fun/

A pretty scale 5.7" tall, looks great & plays well. There are quite a few of these little vintage machines available, as I found when Googlin' my unit. It reviews very well, only $19.87: Mebbe to put in a scale garage or such. Just FYI-ing you all! Chris REC

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 04-12-2017, 07:41 PM
I've been here so long my banana's turned purple!

Member Number: 3180
B/S/T Feedback: (29)

Thats pretty neat
Ill have to get one.
Thanx
Old 06-14-2017, 02:55 PM
Tamiya Pimp

Member Number: 2128
B/S/T Feedback: (49)

No way, thats sweet. I use to have Donkey Kong and Pac-man back in the day. Wish I still did.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:25 PM
The 4rd prize winner!

Member Number: 990
B/S/T Feedback: (22)

Psh, wish I'd seen that before buying this
https://tinycircuits.com/products/tinyarcade
Although it was more of a spur of the moment purchase at work. Played it all of 5 or 6 times and now it sits.
Pretty cool stuff though.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:39 PM

Three times as much, not near as cool & you hadda BUILD IT?!? (FFFFFFfffsssssssssSSNICKERRRrr!) There is a vid on YouTube about a chap who took 4 of the regular Tiny Arcade units (The ones that are built & look like the original game) & he wired 'em up to stay on Demo mode and work with wall current: The display IS pretty neat!

Thor, always check with me first, as I am the final judge of all things Cool & Nifty. Chjris REC
Old 09-23-2018, 12:23 AM
I am the Scale 4x4 R/C Grand PooBah!

Member Number: 11
B/S/T Feedback: (4)

A local Walmart have these in stock right now. I picked up a pac man game.

Its pretty cool, but my 7 year old has made it his now.

Nate
Old 09-23-2018, 01:16 PM

You need to tell Junior that it is a Collectible and NOT a Toy, and you want it back NOW (Friggin kids...) Well, it is a collectible BASED on a toy, but not a toy per se. Even if it fits his Lilliputian digits, it's still for Adults. It was in the 'Toy' aisle, but that's just because Wal-Mart does not have a 'Collectible' area. That label that says "For ages 8 and up" is mandated by the Government and does not really mean anything. Plus, that control stick could easily poke his eye out and/or be a choking hazard, and recent studies prove that more than 6 minutes a day of playing a video game result in the kind of brain damage that all but guarantees his future employment in the custodial or waste management industries.

Anyway, simply explain all this and I'm sure Jr. will understand and relinquish said 'Toy' immediately! Glad to be of help Mate, Chris REC
Old 09-23-2018, 11:21 PM
I am the Scale 4x4 R/C Grand PooBah!

Member Number: 11
B/S/T Feedback: (4)

I tried the Toyranosaur's advice on parenting but Jr. told me my fingers are too big for the joystick anyways and maybe we should go back to walmart, buy one of each one, and then build an RC school bus and put the games in it. Then when we get board at car shows or on the trail, we could just stop and play.

He does have a point.

Nate
Old 09-24-2018, 01:11 PM

OK, so I don't have a kid myself but I DO have lotsa nifty stuff that has never been touched by sticky grabby fingers: Coincidence? I think not. Luckily, my fingers are thin and delicate, yet strong, and I could be a brain surgeon or harp player with no troubles there.

Games in a school bus? First they need seat belts! Of course, any R/C bus would be cool, and the games would probably be pretty scale....All right, you have a good idear....And you'd be the chap to build it properly, no doubt.

I got the Joust most recently, and saw on YouTube that you can easily mod it to play DEFENDER, my fave game from back in the day! I hope this means they'll have a mini Defender machine soon......Just for display, there are not enough controls on these to play a real game. I just like these things and am amazed that some have actual dot-matrix screens. Chris REC