Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > Help wanted!
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Help wanted! New to the forum? Start here.

Old 06-11-2018, 12:59 PM
Without A Net

Member Number: 26768
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default HELP!! How to post photos???

I am new to this website, but I have been reading it for quite awhile. I started my first thread yesterday and tried (and failed) to put pictures up. I have them on the desktop of the computer I am using. I went to attachments, selected my file clicked "upload", and it said the file dimensions were too big, so I manually resized it. I selected the resized file clicked "upload" and it said the file size was too big. I don't know what else to do , please help me if you can....
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 06-16-2018, 08:08 AM
Up to no good

Member Number: 9106
B/S/T Feedback: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenRidge Studios View Post
I am new to this website, but I have been reading it for quite awhile. I started my first thread yesterday and tried (and failed) to put pictures up. I have them on the desktop of the computer I am using. I went to attachments, selected my file clicked "upload", and it said the file dimensions were too big, so I manually resized it. I selected the resized file clicked "upload" and it said the file size was too big. I don't know what else to do , please help me if you can....
I have had that same issue...make sure to "Save" the changes on your computer first, then try posting.

There are limits on pixels, as well as, dimensions. Try doing a compression on them and then save. I try to do copies of the ones I want to post from my computer, because, once there are compressed, they will be smaller to view on your computer.

If you want to post pics from the interweb, like Google images, open the pic by itself and copy the URL. Then click the "Insert Image" icon, and paste the URL into it, and hit "ok". Just be sure to place your cursor where you want the image to be in your post before you click the "Insert Image" icon.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:30 PM
Without A Net

Thanks. I did save the changes, but the file was around 700(mbs?) when it had to be less than 100, and I don't know how to change that.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:31 PM
Up to no good

Member Number: 9106
B/S/T Feedback: (16)

Try to compress them for web pages. That should reduce the pixels to an acceptable size.

Your computer should have help files that can explain how to compress your pics. The photo program you're using, probably has info for compressing the photos also.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:16 AM
Without A Net

Okay, thanks, I'll see if that works.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:42 PM

Member Number: 25017

Green, any luck on figuring out posting photos?
Old 06-23-2018, 12:01 PM
Without A Net

Haven't tried yet... Been really busy lately. I did an engine swap on a 1979 Gilson Wards garden tractor, and trying to get my 1987 Kawasaki Bayou 300 going after it broke a crankshaft key. Also getting a larger drain plug for my 1988 Kawasaki Bayou 300, and trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with the ignition system on my 1986 Kawasaki Bayou 300 (yeah, I have three... I need to sell the '86 and '88). Just got done weedeating some thick stuff too. Thanks for asking though, I will attempt to post photos in the next few minutes.
Old 06-23-2018, 12:23 PM
Without A Net

This is 98KB, and it is much smaller than the size limit...
Here goes, took a lot of manual resizing:

Name:  Scale4x4RC.png
Views: 35
Size:  96.0 KB

The Gilson Ward in Winter before it got it's new motor (a 12hp Subaru), for kicks the 1/12 Ford 8600 with Breyer figure is sitting on the hood. I just got my $18 Hitec Aggressor for my RC Dodge truck in the mail, I am kind of mad, because there is still something wrong with my electronics, which means another transmitter is bad, or the ESC. It has a twitch to the steering servo whenever you drive, or it just randomly stops. Any advice for that? I am very frustrated with it, because it is setting me back on the project.
Old 06-24-2018, 01:40 PM
Without A Net

Okay... Just realized how dumb I am. The reason my 2.4g transmitter was glitching was because the batteries were low. I also fried my ESC, which made a nasty and smelly plume of smoke, so now I need two (another for my Traxxas Slash).
Old 06-24-2018, 04:16 PM
Without A Net

Thanks everyone who replied to this. I figured out how to post them off my desktop finally!!! I use a Mac, so I click on the photo, go to "tools" then click "adjust size..", enter 600 on the lower one, make sure the upper one is below 800, make sure it is set on "pixels", it says the file size in KB at the bottom, and you have to make sure that it is less than what Scale4x4RC's file size max is (if it fails to upload it will tell you, and you have to adjust it to be less than that). Hit save, then you can successfully upload it. Here you go, this is my goat, her name is Lila!
Name:  DSCN3285.JPG
Views: 32
Size:  164.3 KB
Old 09-27-2018, 06:12 PM
I WILL Hijack & De-Rail your thread into uselessness!

Member Number: 128
B/S/T Feedback: (6)

Just DON'T compress the pics too much or they'll explode & put someone's eye out. Chris REC