Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Agricultural and Industrial Equipment
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Agricultural and Industrial Equipment A place for your agricultural, industrial, and other heavy equipment builds!

Old 10-21-2009, 10:35 AM
JOE

Member Number: 1683
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Here I made the vibra screen much bigger. Putting material direct from the wall through the crusher, the lumps are fairly big & vibrate off the screen quickly. But the 2nd time through, I have to let small amounts drop into crusher at a time so as not to bury screener, doesn't want to roll off as quick.

The axles on the bd trl were starting to squeak alot, time for a bearing change... check it out tonite.

Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 10-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Thinking Big

Member Number: 1490

LOL did you really manage to wear out a set of bearings? or you just in need of some good ol fashioned grease?
Old 10-22-2009, 02:06 PM
JOE

It turns out that I had the kit stock bushings in the trl axles... I built this trl nine yrs ago, before I discovered ball bearings. Not much wear in the bushings or axle, just getting a little dry.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Mad Ginger Person

Member Number: 8642

i really do envy you!!!
Old 10-27-2009, 04:48 PM

Member Number: 9487

Hi all, i have been following this thread for nearly a year now...! Im hooked..!
Better than TV.....by miles!
Just to say hello and all that. Ive just got into models recently having always had a subtle interest. Im donating a part of my workshop to building some propper semi tractors like yours Joe...
Its gunna be a few months before i can begin, so i will be watching intently for more vids from the cellar dig!
Great stuff chaps!!
Old 10-28-2009, 04:32 AM

Member Number: 5933
Default Always fun to watch your next move

I've kinda been taken a brake from this sport due to the wrecked vessel that I call a body, but I can always log on to the site and see how everyone is coming along. I greatly appreciate this site as it has allowed me to see the creative nature of many different folks, you amoung the many here. I don't think I have ever stated to you that I really enjoy watching your next move. A couple days ago, I was down in my basement looking around and I was holding a stick of TNT that my grandfather gave me back in the day..... don't worry, I didn't do it, but in time I am going to turn my basement into a small city and the roads can be painted with all the paint stored in a locker left here from the previous home owner years ago. I was thinking of doing 2ft by 2ft square tiles and then I can change things around...I don't know the whole game plan yet as there is a concrete deal that runs the whole width of the wall and its 23 inches high and 38 inches out from the wall and don't have a clue what it is..... I have a sumppump in the floor and it runs randomly....now my question to you is do you have any of your load baring walls knocked out exposed to the earth and if so, what do you do with the water? I read the deal from a couple months ago of you dealing with the water. but it didn't look lik much though...before I waste any time trying to knock out concrete little bits at a time to gain as much floor as possible. Here in indiana we get an average 10" to 15" of rain a year. I have a guy coming in a few days that does some kinda procedure to basement walls to stop them from leaking or he just fills cracks, I'll find out more when I talk to him. I'll not be shocked if this guy says to leave it alone and deal with it (the concrete floor and walls and the chunk setting in the way).

anyway, Thank you (and everoneelse) for inspiration and keep up the digging
NEAT to watch

Drew
Old 10-29-2009, 02:08 PM
JOE

Cheers Arty! But I think you may want to do a better job building your trks than I, as mine are just bare bones tug junkies.

Drew, my house is pretty tiny at 20'x28' sitting on a 12"x18" cement foundation. The north wall, half of it is concrete where the water well was installed in the sixties & the other half is 2"x6" PWS. There's no load baring walls down there to contend with.

The water problem last summer was b/c of a big dump of rain inside of an hour with 60mph winds! I doubt the foundation is sitting on piles (house built 1929), this gray clay soil is very stable, good drainage all around the house, but I'm sure it shifts ever so little every yr. Every Fall I'm doing some caulking between the cement & wood structure of the house to keep the cold drafts out.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:40 PM
JOE

I'm running out of bays to fix stuff... seems to be that of yr when everything falls apart.

Front idler popped off the bearing... locktite it back together.

Need to change out the right motor again... 50/50/90 Rule -> I changed both motors in dozer b/c one was dragging. A month later TL has a failed motor & I install the bad one from the dozer (both in the same bag. DOH!!!

Also changing out the hyd pump, oil leaking past the driveshaft & into the electric motor.

And some new iron for the LGCC quarry to replacement that junk 740!

Old 11-10-2009, 01:41 AM

Member Number: 5933
Default I guess I'll just leave it alone

Well, the basement fix-it-guy came out last week or so and he does all kinds of stuff but mainly digs on the outter perimeter of the foundation and fixes the wall and installs some type of water baerier and back fills. But upon the viewing of my basement this guy got really excited and went on and on about my house to my dad as he was my ears for the day, as he was the one who installed the concrete imbankment approx. 35 years ago.... yes, this guy is an old timer. The house had been built many years before he put it in, but the reason was due to either a fully loaded dump truck or a concrete mixer truck fully loaded was pouring the nieghbors driveway and the truck "by his words" almost fell into my house by bulging in the basement wall and he was the one contracted back then to fix it. So the 25 tons of concrete in the base deal serves as a counter weight for the 1ft of additional thickness to the original 8in-12in wall. It always felt much smaller in the basement than the 1st floor does. This all means that it has to stay put unless I wanted to pay $20,000.00 plus to digout and make a new one....." NOT " ! I don't care to spend money of that qty for some thing that is only an eyesore, and it ain't broke either and most of all I don't have that kinda money.

Sorry, I'm kinda pointless, but if you where wondering if I was gonna "TNT" my house down, nope I deal with it the way it is.

Thanks for your input Protrucker,
Drew
Old 11-10-2009, 10:27 AM
Thinking Big

Member Number: 1490

looks like you have been busy joe! gotta love it when everything breaks down at once! kinda where i am waiting for my cab to come back from the painter lol
Old 11-10-2009, 07:04 PM

Member Number: 8133

Hi Joe

See your working on a replacement for the CAT 740. Looks like it's the Volvo truck?
I looked into that one based on your earlier comments about the 740. I saw that the instructions for the Volvo are in German only. Just curious if that is true and if so how are you finding the build?

Other than that I just have to say I look forward to your every post. I've started working on a conveyor belt like what the RC GUY Farms has. I'll have a small construction company one of these days.

Keep those posts coming.

Take care
Old 11-11-2009, 01:57 AM
kenworth, Australian Made, World Best

Member Number: 6303

hey joe what do you put on the end of your valves to stop sand and dirt getting in them
Old 11-11-2009, 10:42 AM
JOE

Take a few pics Drew, let's see your basement. You could tie in your sub wall with bridges & fill the gap with dirt for a big "sandbox"

Well, it is that time of yr when everything needs servicing Dean, mostly oil changes. The TL has been sitting on the shelf since March and the dozer skipped a track last wk.

All the german model equip I've built has had german instructions, including the 966 & 740, the english translations for those two came along later. It's just a matter of studying the blk/wht photos/illustrations thoroughly, looking thru the text for the correct sized bolts to be used & using a bit of common sense to put things together. Sometimes I have to disassemble to redo it correctly.

These german models are quite intricate & well thought out to make them work so well in scale form, but their instructions leave alot to be desired! They could/should take a lesson from Tamiya and hire a professional artist to draw out the assembly instructions so no translation of any languages would be necessary. Like the saying goes, "a picture is worth a thousand words".

The Bruder conveyer works quite well, fairly simple to add power to it & not much other modification necessary. It's cheap too @$35.

What are you going to call your constr co Godzilla?

Hello Josh , nothing, they're a sealed unit.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:48 AM
got spare parts?

Member Number: 2553

can I come over and play?
Old 11-11-2009, 10:59 AM
JOE

Sure! Bring