Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Micro R/C Trux!
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Micro R/C Trux! Anything smaller than 1/12 scale. VMGs, Mini Z's etc!

Old 01-05-2019, 11:53 PM
Another Newbie

Member Number: 2028
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

I dunno, on that i like the removable or hidden ramps on that more than flip up. Might even be able to do some kinda remote in-out on them.

If you can find the crew parts, maybe? Most trucks then were single cabs, and your turning radius would get even worse going crewcab. Front axle can tighten up radius with some trimming, but unless you ditch 4wd it'd still limit steering angle.

For bodywork I'd probably just knock together a headache rack, carve some doors into the wedge, and look into fender shrinking.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 01-06-2019, 06:04 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 14261

Hidden ramp is probably the best look. I had a crazy thought while driving to work about making a set of rear wheel chocks that popped up when the ramps where retracted under the deck. Dunno if I could pull it off but would be real cool.

When I mentioned the crew cab I meant that the ramp cab used to be a crew cab a long time ago (I wrote when I was tired so probably didn't read the way I thought). I do know where the parts are so I can dig them out and show you what it looked like in that version. The ramp will stay single cab (cos I'm not making new rails again just yet) and will be doing details like you mentioned on the wedge etc. I'm toying with the idea of making another front grille/bumper for it too but I'll get it functional first I think.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:39 PM
Another Newbie

I could see some auto-chocks working if you stick something like a bellcrank at the top of travel for your retracting ramps. Probably lightly spring the chocks down into the bed. Or go with seperate servos and a sequencer like model aircraft landing gear.

Maybe run the ramps with a rack & pinion setup like a cd player drawer, couple limit switches at the ends.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:39 PM
Wasting Time'r

I like the rack and pinion idea, was probably going to see if the gear motor "servo" thing was of any use for it. Could maybe even run that like a winch motor with a pulley setup maybe. Need to get some little switches. Want to upgrade the Double E excavator so it doesn't need the stupid clutches going "click-click-click" every time I push the wrong stick (happens A LOT lol)
Old 01-12-2019, 01:49 AM
Wasting Time'r

Just for fun, I found the extra cab

I found the extra pickup tray after but haven't taken another pic. Have been distracted figuring out the basics of the new 10ch system and some battery hookups. I've also modded the servo position so it sits lower through the mdf.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:45 AM
Wasting Time'r

Servo lowered

And after a lot of fiddling it steers

Kinda...never mind doin three point turns, more like thirty on a good day lol
Old 01-13-2019, 05:14 PM
Another Newbie

Yeah, the extended cab isn't doing it for me.

For steering, abt your best bet is get the axle guts & knuckle upgrade. File inside the axle C, on the knuckle to get full steering throw. It's not going to be a drifters 'Shopping Cart' steering angle, but it's an improvement
Old 01-13-2019, 05:44 PM
Wasting Time'r

This is how the truck used to look way back in about 2001. I cut the stock "chassis" and stretched it, so it was still a big wheeled monster truck (just 2wd). I thought it was pretty cool at the time considering it was the first time I'd ever done anything like that .. blame RC car action magazine lol.

Thanks for the tips, I might look at getting an upgrade at some point when I've got a few spare pesos. I'm half wondering if its worth trying to make a 2wd front axle and maybe locking out this one to work as a rear axle for another truck.