Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Info > Board info, Suggestions & Questions
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Board info, Suggestions & Questions Check here for updates on the board, or if you have any suggestions, from forum topics to questions, post them here!

Old 08-31-2005, 05:50 AM

Member Number: 365
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

hi everyone,
how do you resize pics? i already posted but the pics look huge. is it all in my camera's setting or is there something else you can do about it? i think one of my pics is currently 1240 x 432 or something like that. what's the limits in pic size here? any help is appreciated. i have a normal pic in semi trucks and a large pic in 2.2 trucks section. thanks
truckus
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 08-31-2005, 06:50 AM
Administrator - The forest dwelling drunken hobo. I'm ugly and stink

Member Number: 6

You need an editing program.
Photoshop is the bst professional one, but there are a lot of other that work fine.
We never set a size limit but of course there are people without fast connection will thank you if you resize your pic.
I prefer to post 640x480, Some editing abilities can keep a 640x480 pic under 100K easily.

www.scalersandcrawlers.it - "THE" Italian Scalers and Crawlers Board - http://rikpal.golem100.com - rik.paltrinieri@gmail.com

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples,then you and I will still each have one apple.
But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.
G.B.Shaw

Wannabe member of MtTABRA (More than Three Axles Big Rig Association)
Old 08-31-2005, 07:57 AM
The outcast: "modern day anti-hero"

Member Number: 200
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

I prefer 640x480 as well. I have tried the 800x600 route and find that it can be too big for some folks. 640 is just right for most people. Big enough that a guy can see whats going on and you can stay right around 100k for pic size. So you get a lot of bang for your webspace.

For a free fix:
A quik search on download.com shows a lot of programs that would help you. Just do a search for "picture resize" or "photo resize" and grab something free and popular and you shouldn't go wrong.

If your willing to pay (or whatever <_< )
A great program to get for your editing needs is ACDSEE. Its the best program I have seen that handles all your basic photo editing needs. It also has the ability to do editing in groups so I can take a 100 pictures and resize, lighten, and rename in a batch. Saves me a lot of time and energy.

Proud member of MtTABRA (More than Three Axles Big Rig Association)
Old 08-31-2005, 11:01 AM
Administrator - Professor Spoon! I have Evil Powers, and I teach! Mwuhahaha

Member Number: 16
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

we have no legal limits, but generally if it doesnt fit on your screen within a post its prolly too big for most folk. a good size is 640x480, up to 800x600 is ok but much bigger can be a bit much.

most photo editing software will re-size, even MSpaint will re-size jpeg files and thats built into windows....(use the image tab and click attributes, there you can adjust the actual size in pixels, just remeber to keep the ratio of 4:3).

the pic host I use(www.picturetrail.com) actually lets you specify a view size, so that even if the image is huge, when it gets hotlinked it shows up at 400x300(medium setting) or 640x480(large setting). prob is it is a pay-for pic host if you hotlink it costs $20 a year for 50Mb/500pics.....

:banana:
Old 09-01-2005, 09:58 PM

Member Number: 365

thanks folks i'm gonna check all that out!
:lol:
truckus
Old 09-03-2005, 07:27 PM
git 'er done!

Member Number: 298

Quote:
Originally posted by truckus@Sep 1 2005, 09:58 PM
thanks folks i'm gonna check all that out!
truckus
or, you could just update your post description to "DIE 56K DIE!" or "DEATH TO 56K!" :lol:
Old 09-04-2005, 11:23 AM

:lol: thats cheating....

I liked your user title slyp.....its better now.... :firedevil:

Old 09-04-2005, 12:58 PM
uıɯpɐ uʍop ǝpısdn

Member Number: 33

irfanview

Download irfanview, its a free image browser that has alot of editing options, of course this includes resizing.

Apply today for your official banning
Old 09-12-2005, 06:36 PM
git 'er done!

Member Number: 298

Quote:
Originally posted by Spoon37@Sep 12 2005, 06:34 PM
what the? I've deleted that post once already.... :blink:

die dammit :shoot: :shoot: :flamer: :bomb:

:nuke:

I had thought that I had posted it, and you really need to keep mind out of drainpipe :lol:
Old 09-12-2005, 06:37 PM

oh well all gone now.... :chug:

Old 09-13-2005, 01:35 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 378

Quote:
Originally posted by Spoon37@Aug 31 2005, 11:01 AM
we have no legal limits, but generally if it doesnt fit on your screen within a post its prolly too big for most folk. a good size is 640x480, up to 800x600 is ok but much bigger can be a bit much.

most photo editing software will re-size, even MSpaint will re-size jpeg files and thats built into windows....(use the image tab and click attributes, there you can adjust the actual size in pixels, just remeber to keep the ratio of 4:3).

the pic host I use(www.picturetrail.com) actually lets you specify a view size, so that even if the image is huge, when it gets hotlinked it shows up at 400x300(medium setting) or 640x480(large setting). prob is it is a pay-for pic host if you hotlink it costs $20 a year for 50Mb/500pics.....

Hey can anybody help me? is 25 K attachment limit a "newbie" limit or a limit across the board that wasn't there before?
Old 09-13-2005, 03:46 AM
Administrator - The forest dwelling drunken hobo. I'm ugly and stink

Member Number: 6

Board rules

25k refers to the attached images, not to the posted ones.
;)

www.scalersandcrawlers.it - "THE" Italian Scalers and Crawlers Board - http://rikpal.golem100.com - rik.paltrinieri@gmail.com

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples,then you and I will still each have one apple.
But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.
G.B.Shaw

Wannabe member of MtTABRA (More than Three Axles Big Rig Association)
Old 09-16-2005, 05:34 PM

yeah the 25k is for images hosted by us. to access this use the file attachments section below where you type. we only have a limited space and as that space costs us money we ask for a donation to be made to gain more space per pic.

check the board rules that rik posted, and if you want to donate go here :click here!

however there is no size limit for images linked to this site from any image hosting site, the only diffculty is finding one that will hotlink to a site like this without charging you money for the priviledge. I pay for a picturetrail.com account where I have 50mb/500pics for $20 a year....I can link all I want, but it would be free if I didnt link the images....

25k for attached images is the default for all members who have not donated hence the user group 'freeloaders'. true we used to allow up to 75k per user, but as you will see from the link above, this soon sapped our 16Mb storage space so we had to purchase more space, hence a limit to the size of uploads and donations requested for users needing more space.....

we now have 250Mb storage space, which is much more useful, especially as the board keeps growing in members.....

Old 01-18-2017, 09:43 AM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 10576

I've noticed that the BBCode image scaling does not work here.

Examples:

[IMG img=640x480 ....] or
[IMG width=500 ....] or
[IMG width=500 height=300 ...] etc...

Am I missing something, or is there no way to do this? Perhaps we could limit the max width of an image so it doesnt stretch the page off the screen?

Last edited by JoeThePro : 01-18-2017 at 10:57 AM.