Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Agricultural and Industrial Equipment
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Agricultural and Industrial Equipment A place for your agricultural, industrial, and other heavy equipment builds!

Old 05-18-2014, 12:54 PM
"No load too small"

Member Number: 8761
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

Joe, it is cool to see an rc pan working..very cool

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 06-09-2014, 12:07 AM
JOE

Member Number: 1683
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Thanx Scott, the pan has been a great asset to the fleet & an interesting new model to learn to operate.

Finishing seeding 10 day ago, I did some hauling into the back my of workshop with the Mammoth.

But it's a looong haul for just one trk at a time... which got me motivated to finish the pup for my GL this wkend.

I put both the GL & KH on my DX18 radio & bind them both to the same model copy - meaning I can drive them both at the same time from one radio. The GL for/rev & steering is on the left stick and the KH for/rev & steering is on the right stick.

Both trks have AR8000 receivers (8ch), so the shift servos for the 3spd trans are not connected in either trk, each trk is currently using 4chs, not enough chs left to include the 3spds too. Both trks are geared differently too, so the GL is locked in 3rd gear & the KH in 2nd making them both virtually the same speed... the GL might be a wee bit faster.

I put the GL's dump boxes on Aux 1 & 2 (3pos stick switches), and the KH's on Aux 4 & 5 (rotary sliders on sides of radio), in which I had to re-assign Aux 4 to Aux 3 & Aux 5 to Gear.

By the time I got the radio programmed & the trks functioning correctly I was almost out of daylight... but I did get 3 loads of practice. Trying to drive two trks simultaneously is mind blowing difficult!!! .... especially rounding corners, I would start right turn the lead trk & couldn't help but start to turn the following trk right as well ...or if one trk was going left while the other going right, I would over steer both when I intended to go straight... It really took a lot of mental capacity to try to drive one trk separate from the other at the same time... I almost ran into myself a few times & just let go of both sticks in the nick of time!
Old 06-14-2014, 01:59 PM
JOE

Old 06-15-2014, 03:35 PM

Member Number: 20231

Just curious how are you switching between receivers without turning them off?
Old 06-16-2014, 07:37 AM
I love my wife!!!!

Member Number: 1672
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

You have the coolest set up period! And Bless you..
Old 07-19-2014, 04:27 PM
JOE

scopetronixs, Spektrum radio gear allows you to change between models without turning one off before the other... I could have 30+ (I don't recall how many model memory this DX18 has) models on at the same time.

Although not all esc's will remain in neutral when doing this & switching to another model might make the previous one take off! Both these trks have the Mtronics Viper 15 esc for movement, the KH has another two Viper 15's for the hyd pumps & the GL has a 2x12 Sabertooth for the screwdrive dumps.

I had an esc (I can't recall brand name) in the GL before that would full throttle forward when I switched models. Nothing I could do in the radio settings or esc settings to change that, so I swapped it for the Viper 15. And the previous esc's for hyds on the KH were a pair of micro Airtronics that would turn on the pumps when changing to another model.

Thank you RCJB.

The last month I've been entertaining myself out in my workshop, hauling dirt into back area, then using the pan to build up the edges. This well insulated building makes it just as cool as the basement during the heat of the day.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:55 PM
JOE

This 4206 is such a BEAST!!!

The electrician said he'll be coming start of next week, maybe I can start moving in my hobby by the following wkend, then I get busy building all these kits/projects that have stacked up over the last couple yrs... it's gonna be a busy winter of just building!
Old 11-09-2014, 07:46 PM
JOE

Winter arrived today with 6" snowfall forecasted over the next couple days & -20C by tomorrow morning... a 30 degree temperature drop in just a few days Brrrrr

So yesterday was about 4hrs of dirt hauling out of the basement before dark... the last 50 loads worth for the yr. I think I may have moved out just over 3cubes this yr, about 2 cubes the last 3 wkends. I was looking for a picture that showed where I was at last spring, but it doesn't look like I took one, although the vid 'Hauling out in April' shows the size of the pile last Spring.

I spread out Izzy's dozer kit on the workbench last Sunday night & almost as quickly as I started - I was done! b/c I didn't have a 2.5mm tap. How I really hate that when I get charged up to do something & suddenly realize I can't b/c a part is missing or a tool I don't have... where I live there is no running down town for a quik buy! I had taps by Friday & started building the tracks Friday night.

A quick trip to the city Monday afternoon for farm business, I picked this up too... some of you can probably guess what it is.

I'm sure glad my hotrod diesel isn't a long box, it just barely fits with a foot or so front & back.

My contractor got the cement work done around the westside of my house mid Oct. The pad by the step, I'm thinking I will put a hot tub there.

And they came last week to do the framing. The metal siding was ordered after b/c the contractor wanted to get it cut to ground contour, as it is known now there is a 13" difference in height from the house down to the back of shop. Contractor figures they'll still get it put up before xmas, but the spray foam insulation will have to wait till next summer for warmer temps for adhesion... I don't think I'll be doing any digging in there this winter.

This pile of dirt is what the tlb took out around the house for cement prep, this will be a fantastic job for the 10th scale D9 to level out & spread next summer.

Here's a vid I made yesterday. Using just the one bd trl the last two wkends, my turn arounds are less than half the time with the Btrain... about 12 loads an hour = roughly two 5ga pails of dirt. The B lead volume is about 2/3's of the pup, so I'm getting out more dirt per hour with one trl vs two.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:04 AM

Member Number: 12364

Hey Joe ,looks like you have had a very busy year!! The new work shop is really nice ,lots of work table space ,keep up the great work !!
Old 11-10-2014, 09:14 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 7833
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default Dozer

Hello Joe I see that big yellow dozer setting on the bench when are we going to get to see that run? That should push the dirt around. Ed
Old 11-23-2014, 07:06 PM
JOE

Not that busy pumptech, the overly wet weather caused a lot of delays. But yeah, the workshop is a great addition this yr, a wide open warm area to let the sparks fly this winter.

I fired up the ol Stahl this week, put an esc on the pump to mix the hydraulics & an AR8000 receiver to mate it to my DX18. It seems to be the right speed to feed this jaw crusher. The material is clay balls & small rocks.

Last edited by Lil Giants : 11-23-2014 at 07:21 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:07 AM
JOE

American made dozer kit by IzzyBuilt. Just need a Sabertooth 2x12 to run the tracks & another esc for the Firgelli linear actuator. Oh, and a 2,5mm tap to thread all the holes... the tracks take a bit of time, a couple dozen more holes to thread in the body too.

Details on where to buy the kit here

Old 12-30-2014, 05:58 PM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 5394

I always try to keep up w/ this thread, just to see your progress and new equipment purchases. The dozer is nothing short of amazing, I wonder if it's from the same guy that had a functional D9 model a few years ago at The Cabin Fever Expo.

I can't recall the articulated tractor that is pulled your center dump trailers, but it looks like it handles the pulling job much easier than the old Tamiya dump trucks. I hope that you keep having success!
Old 01-02-2015, 09:22 AM
JOE

You were at Cabin Fever in January 2012? So was I. That dozer you speak of, I have it now, I got it from dirtpusher9 in the Fall of 2012, I met him in St Louis. This dozer above is made by some one else & is considerably smaller. dp9, it's been awhile since I spoke to him last, hopefully he'll come back to the hobby someday soon to build that Cat 385 he once talked about.

The articulated tractor is the Bell 4206 from Fumotec, it's an incredibly powerful & agile model, a tiny brushless motor with a big planetary gearhead on each wheel, there's no stalling this tractor. Fumotec has a video on yt showing it with some one standing on it while it pulls a car down the street. All of Fumotec's wheeled models are powered this way now. I think his production is the best bang for the buck out here today.

I've been busy lately building Fumotec's Komatsu 490 excavator... although I've rebranded it to make it a JD450, making a different hood, counterweight & a few other bits.

I got this badboy from Premacon before xmas, it's hydraulic driven & the 450 has the extra valve to power it.

It's been a pleasantly mild winter so far this yr & the foreseeable future looks to be the same. My shop addition got tinned before xmas, the rest of the construction will get done next summer hopefully and then start digging the tunnel next winter.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:04 PM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 5394

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
You were at Cabin Fever in January 2012? So was I. That dozer you speak of, I have it now, I got it from dirtpusher9 in the Fall of 2012,
2012 sounds about right. It was the last year for it being held in the winter, I didn't make it to last years show. The guy with the working drag line was running as well. Some really nicely hand built models moving the earth around at that show.