Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Gone But Not Forgotten > KingCobra
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

KingCobra A Compilation of all Tim's builds

Old 12-14-2008, 05:34 PM
the talkative lurker

Member Number: 3405
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaman View Post
Wow, man....that seriously brings tears to my eyes. Ive been lurking these sites and have always admired your work. My family's and my own prayers will be with you in this time of despair. I hope I get to see some more of your work through the years, get well and be strong we are all here by your side!
i tried to find the right words and i think chaman said it best,
do not give up hope, this is your trial, you will be in my prayers

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 12-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 2102
B/S/T Feedback: (6)

KC, I know I don't know you well, but I have admired your work ever since I joined here. I am at a loss for words, other than I will keep you in my families thoughts and prayers. I wish you all the best of luck in fighting this, don't ever give up!
Old 12-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Ill be building 1.9...

Member Number: 2587
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Wow KingCobra, That is so difficult to read . I really hope there is some sort of treatment, or miracle that may occur to help you. You are in my prayers 100%. Your kindness and great builds inspired allot of us, and I thank you for that. You will not be forgotten!

-Crawler374
Old 12-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Booze then Build. Your Ideas are always better.

Member Number: 388
B/S/T Feedback: (15)

Man, Good luck to you. Wish you the best in this tough situation.
We Salute You!
Old 12-14-2008, 07:33 PM
git 'er done!

Member Number: 298

you are in my prayers for sure dude. whatever you do, don't give up, and you had better believe that you are going to kick that cancer's ***, because if you're a strong enough person to go through all this in real life and still find time to post here and post stuff as long and thought out as this, that cancer doesn't stand a chance against your willpower. stay strong, keep fighting, do everything in your power to let the docs do everything in their power, and I think that you WILL beat this cancer and you WILL start getting up to a healthy weight and you WILL be able to enjoy the hobbies you love and that you WILL be able to watch your son grow up. I'm not promising anything, but I think that the good lord saw how you took the time out of your day to pray for me and to give me your condolences even when you had all this going on, and took pity on you and those around you. I say that, and I'm not all that religious
Old 12-14-2008, 08:24 PM
professional amature

Member Number: 136

thank you slyp... your words of encouragement brought tears to my eyes and it was a good release I've been needing for a while.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:38 PM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 4312
B/S/T Feedback: (6)

Don't take this the wrong way man but that is b.s., it basically sounds like they don't want to do anything look for another doctor untill you find one that wants to do something for you. My mother was diagnosed with colon cancer had surgury to have the tumor removed which if i recall was about the size of a softball basically they had to remove most of her large intestine, she went through months of chemo and radiation, had a gaping wound on her stomach that they thought would never heal. This all was about 20 years ago. It was not easy for her to go through and alot of times I didn't think she was going to make it but she never stopped fighting and we never stopped praying. Unfortunately now my sister-in-law is fighting cancer as well, she was diagnosed 2 years ago with lymphoma(spelling?) and the 1st couple of doctors she went to basically told her what they told you. "We are sorry but there is not much we can do for you you should just wait and see how much worse it gets" wtf? Well that didn't sit well with her or any of us in the family, she went to 2 more doctors before she found one that wanted to do anything for her. Well after lots of chemo they told her it was in remission. A few months later it came back so she had to go through the chemo and everything again and on the 19th she is having a bone marrow transplant. All I am saying man is you gotta fight this people do it every day if the doctor you are going to doesn't want to help you than find another one. Don't give up brother you can beat it!
Old 12-14-2008, 11:32 PM
Booze then Build. Your Ideas are always better.

Member Number: 388
B/S/T Feedback: (15)

Believe it or not. KC needs to heal first. His body wont be able to take that much trama. If the doctors run into any problems and need to keep him under for an extent period of time they need to know that the patient can withstand the surgery. Anything else would be considered torture to a patient as if they did anything more right now they know the patient is in pain and not up to par.
Its like fighting when your injured or too tired. You wont be able to last the 12 full rounds.
Not to bring you any negative thoughts KC, but Ive seen this happen to a 73 yr old guy that was a good friend of the family. He had a tumor in his esophagus (it was cancer)and they shot him for 28 days straight with radiation. They also gave him chemo.
During the treatments he felt great after every one. They gave him the type of chemo that you dont loose your hair. He was worried about losing his mustache.
But by the time they did the surgery, it was too late. They burnt everything up. Too much radiation treatments. They had nothing at all to work with. They wanted to take part of his intestine and make a esophagus out of it or part of his colon. I dont remember which.

Your doctors are doing the right thing by leaving you heal. Your age is on your side as well. So you should heal quickly. Not to mention your situation is quite a bit different than my friends was.
Make sure you ask for them to check on the situation if they give you radiation treatments. Dont just accept the 28 days or how ever long they plan it. My friend asked that same question(if that was too long of a treatment plan) and was told they dont need to check it half way. 28 days should be fine. Well it wasnt and it didnt turn out great. He now passed on.
I feel for you brotha. Ill keep you in my prayers.
This is the 3rd person that I heard about with a similar situation since it happened to my friend & I just thought I'd share the story and maybe shed a bit of light on what I saw happen with those type of treatments and alert people to it as well.
If they dont want to check it half way, DEMAND that it be done or threaten to quit the treatments and tell them you want a second opinion until they check it out halfway between.
Just trying to help you out bud.
We Salute You!
Old 12-15-2008, 05:55 AM
git 'er done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcobra View Post
thank you slyp... your words of encouragement brought tears to my eyes and it was a good release I've been needing for a while.
that's what I'm here for, that's what we are all here for. to loosely quote/paraphrase one of my favorite progressive-metal bands, Disturbed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed
You've held on too long just to let it go now,
Your inner strength will get me through it some how
Defying the curse that has taken hold
Never surrender,
You'll never be overcome!
great song (The Curse, off of their new album Indestructible), and the chorus really seems appropriate right now.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:47 AM
Tamiya Pimp

Member Number: 2128
B/S/T Feedback: (49)

Hey KC, are you having any kind of finacial troubles with all this?

I would just like to help out if I can.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:47 PM
How did I get here?

Member Number: 69

Stay positive and keep fighting.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:51 PM
are you economically viable????

Member Number: 2335
B/S/T Feedback: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFig View Post
Hey KC, are you having any kind of finacial troubles with all this?

I would just like to help out if I can.
dont have much,but,if someone close to him could take a collection,id chip in some...mike..
BROKE MOFO MEMBER #1
Old 12-15-2008, 08:24 PM
professional amature

Member Number: 136

thanks for the financial concerns guys... I am fortunate to have been at my job for the last 16 years and my boss has been incredible throughout this and is still paying me at this time... I don't know how long he'll wait for my recovery but I'm hoping it doesn't take too long and I can go back to work before his generosity expires. but sincerely thank you all for your offers to assist me... it's a very warming feeling to know soo many people in this world still have so much compassion. -KC
Old 12-16-2008, 04:10 PM
git 'er done!

it's the most trying times that seem to bring out the general good nature of man, it seems.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:13 PM
the talkative lurker

Member Number: 3405
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyp Dawg View Post
it's the most trying times that seem to bring out the general good nature of man, it seems.
now thats the statement of the day. when the chips are down you find out who the good ppl are