Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Scale 1.9's
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 1.9's Scale trucks that use 1.9" tires. Discuss your XC and similar type trucks.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:20 AM

Member Number: 17115
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Smile What shocks for my cc01??

Hi I'm new to this forum and I'm trying to figure out what shocks to put on mu cc01?? I was thinking about the rc4wd 80mm scale shocks? Or the 80mm gmade g transition shocks?? I'm running the interco super swamper iroks 1.9's and I put wheel extensions on it to give it a wider stance, I read some stuff about spacing out the front end so u can put taller shocks?? But I'm not sure what route to take?? Any info would b great!! Thanks!
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 01-30-2012, 01:37 AM

Member Number: 16098

Keep in mind the differences with manufacturers measurements. The rc4wd ultimate scale 80mm are end to end (68mm eye to eye) at full extension, however the gmade are 80mm eye to eye when setup for droop, which means you're looking at 10 - 15mm longer when sprung.

Standard CC-01 shocks are 70mm eye to eye at full extension, meaning that the rc4wd shocks would be a better replacement if you're just looking for a more scale (and possibly softer) alternative.

If you want larger shocks for your CC01 keep in mind the limitations of movement in the front independents. I bought 80mm Gmade for my Pajero, had to do some hacking to make them look right, then I lost most of my up travel in the front.

Honestly, if I was to do it again I'd keep the stock standard shocks or possibly look at the rc4wd ultimate scale 80mm.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:54 AM

Member Number: 17115

Hey thanks alot for ur input, this will help me!