Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > R/C Manufacturers/Venders/Retailers > Rogue Element Components
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Rogue Element Components Fine Custom and Limited-Edition Machine Work

View Poll Results: What 3rd color option would be wanted?
Blue 4 36.36%
Green 0 0%
Red 8 72.73%
Other 1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2018, 02:42 PM
I WILL Hijack & De-Rail your thread into uselessness!

Member Number: 128
B/S/T Feedback: (6)

All right then: The dreaded gutting of the wheel halves has been.....Trying. Deep hole pocketing is a genuine Bee-yatch (Google it) and I knew this would be the real sucky part, but Dang. Anyway, they will be slower than hoped but that's how it goes sometimes- I've never done anything like these before so probs are not unexpected. Good news is my new method should eliminate hand-finishing these on the lathe so will save about as much time as has been spent trying to optimize these ops, ergo not a huge biggie in the end.

Pics as soon as these ops are proofed & running, ideally mid-week. SHEESH! Chris REC

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 12-10-2018, 04:05 PM

So, after mush time spent/wasted- Spent, I should think- to gut these acceptably I have started 'Pre-Gut' ops. Basically, rough 1.5" outta the bottom & it'll make my face ops much easier. Also have the Lathe set up to finish the innermost bore. So, feeling pretty good, lots of metal flyin' & the long ones will be pre-gutted today! The shorter ones should be pre-gutted by next Wednesday, & I can start the final ops right after. Guess at wheel tubes being 100% done, by Christmas: That'll be YUGE! Then I can start on the centers, which, unlike the tubes, are right up my alley & will proceed nicely, though not real fast: At least you chaps will start to see the finished product minus the ano, starting around New year's or so. Cheers All, Chris REC

Couple pics showing Pre-Gut progress as of yesterday-
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2018, 08:25 PM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 170
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

simply amazing, you Sir, are a true craftsman

any sets left unsold?

what!! they're not??
Old 12-11-2018, 10:23 AM

Thanks so much Mate. I guess a monkey could do these if he had as much time as I've had, though! (Cursethisplacenomonkeysmilie...)

I have ONE set unsold as of right this minute: The total sold has bounced between 77-79 all this time, so my guess of 80 sets total seems Spot-On. HURRY BEFORE THEY'RE DONE ONLY 3 MONTHS LEFT!!!! Not really. Chris REC
Old 12-11-2018, 12:59 PM

Member Number: 26644
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Chris, I emailed you about a set last night.