Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Big Rigs, Multi axle, & Tracked Vehicles
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Big Rigs, Multi axle, & Tracked Vehicles The place for "Semi" talk!
Tamiya and Wedico Tractor trailers!
Tamiya and other brand R/C Tanks and Tracked vehicles. And any vehicle with more than 2 axles; 6x6, 8x8, 10x10, etc!

Old 10-05-2008, 02:01 PM
My blood type....is R+C

Member Number: 2689
B/S/T Feedback: (8)
Default HELP.! Where to get Servonaut SMT soundmodule, and who made this sound ??

hi everyone, i have been doing some research on sound module for my tractor trucks and so far i love the servonaut stuff but dont know where to get it,so can anyone help. Also i found this on you tube and have no glue who made that sound module, somewhat it sound like servonaut but ...hear this..link.
much appreciate for all help.
ken.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:35 PM
I am NOT a newbie c'',)

Member Number: 2260
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Have you tried www.servonaut.de? You will find a link to Servonauts onlineshop - but it is in german.....

In regards to the YouTube vid I do not know if it is a Servonaut soundmodule but I whould not be surprise if it is because they sure do make some quality stuff.

Best Regards

GreatDane
Old 10-05-2008, 11:55 PM

Member Number: 2844

Try Doc Gear, http://www.der-getriebedoktor.de/ , just remember the servonaut stuff instructions only come in German.

AP
Old 10-06-2008, 06:03 AM
Banned

Member Number: 1191
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Gardentrucking.com has em and if they ain't in stock they can get em. Ther about 220.00 USD and the sound is indeed quite quality and is second to best from the Tamiya MFU just minus the viberation.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:07 AM
Banned

Member Number: 1191

oh and yeah btw the truck in the clip is indeed outfitted with the servonaut unit. The unit it's outfitted with is called SMX that'd be the one you're looking for if you want the sound on that truck. I believe Servonaut does produce some other sound effect units as well. The SMX has been the most popular since it's release, with people not just using em in ther big rigs but also in ther construction equipment as well.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:42 AM

Member Number: 3896

As far as I know, the main difference between the SMT and the SMX(that indeed is in the truck in the video), is that the SMX has two microprocessors letting you run two sound effects at the same time - in the video you hear the engine and the turbo, both operating without interupting eachother.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:42 AM
Proud member of Rc-truckteam.dk

Member Number: 3071

one of the maine differeces is that SMT is the old module, mostly for american trucks, SMX new version contains the scania v8,merc v6 and man tga sounds, yes there are two microprocessors... you can also turn the turbo wistle up, change horn sound ect... the manuel comes in both german an english, but if you get one without english version, i can mail you one if you like...

servonaut
http://s79981065.einsundeinsshop.de/...dex.shopscript

http://www.der-getriebedoktor.de/shop2/index.htm
Old 10-06-2008, 01:32 PM
My blood type....is R+C

Member Number: 2689
B/S/T Feedback: (8)

Just have time to sit on the computer, and really happy to see responds and thanks so much to all of you. so now i know that sound come from (video), next step is finding one and hopefully they will come with english manual. i'm fresh to german stuff ( they made all great stuff ). likely i will visit garden trucking to see if they have, again thank you averyone.
ken.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:27 AM
"All the dedicated members will be there"

Member Number: 3587

I have been on the fence about buying one, but after hearing that turbo whistle, thats it done deal. I will be putting one in my wedico wrecker.