Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > General R/C Banter > Scale 4x4 R/C Competitions and Gatherings
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 4x4 R/C Competitions and Gatherings Official Competitions and get togethers

Old 06-21-2009, 08:24 PM

Member Number: 7339
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badd View Post
I'm not sure I have said here before . BUT I HATE MUD !!!!!!
Go get you some french cries and be quiet.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:29 AM
ncb offroad

Member Number: 3542

[quote=DixieScaler;477914]

Thankfully, I found a recent copy of the first post that skillet had copied to another website. (thanks skillet, I was in panic mode)

QUOTE]

no problem, i got it posted on my forums(ncb offroad) and hobbytalk
Old 06-22-2009, 08:13 AM
I wish electronics and water could get along

Member Number: 3566
B/S/T Feedback: (5)

CreepyRob I am in the same boat as you. I have a set of yellow am Traxxas crystals that I run. I can't afford a Spectrum right now so I'll have to pull the green crystals out of the Slash for back ups and keep my fingers crossed.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:42 PM
creepy

Member Number: 7867

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarkeith3 View Post
CreepyRob I am in the same boat as you. I have a set of yellow am Traxxas crystals that I run. I can't afford a Spectrum right now so I'll have to pull the green crystals out of the Slash for back ups and keep my fingers crossed.

welll i broke down and was going to beg the wife,,, instead i asked her at 3:30 in the am after waking her up if i could buy the new traxxas spectrum... she didnt remeber it the next morning lol sooo im all good now but i was going to cross my fingers too... unless i sell my other radios before hand ill be bringing my other radios crystals with me in case someone can use them maybe that will help you out also... but now im in debt to the ole laddy.lol very bad like!
Old 06-22-2009, 07:52 PM
I never leave, but my wife did!

Member Number: 2141
B/S/T Feedback: (4)

Well.. I have a DX3 i could loan for the comp. It would cost you 10 bucks an hour
Old 06-22-2009, 10:25 PM

That is awesome Rob! Catch them when they're sleeping good tactic. Might work for some other things as well.

I just ordered a set of SDI fender flares and bought a new shotgun so I'll have to roll with the TQ2.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:39 PM
midlifer

Member Number: 4424
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

I've used this "spill the beans to the sleeping wife in the dead of night" tactic twice myself. It's worked quite well for me so far lol. She is too tired to put up much resistance because she's so tired. The key for me is to not overuse it. Save it for special occasions (aka dire rc needs)

Regarding summer comp news, a few of us headed up to the site Saturday and scoped out some general routes for courses.

As we suspected, the summer heat had all the water holes dry as a bone, so we are now counting on trucking in some water. Some to incorporate into the comp courses, and whatever is leftover for a mud bog. The deep mud bog will be a day 2 event, not a mandatory part of any day 1 comp courses. We're just trying to provide the mud for those folks who wanna bog.

***Also, let this serve as a reminder that there will be a tech inspection for those competing in the comp classes, including scoring points for scale appearance & accessories. See rule thread here:

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30424

As you can see in the "Scale appearance points..." section of the rules, there are a lot of scale points to be had, and they can have a huge impact on your course score, so bear that in mind as you all prepare your rigs.

Time is drawing down now, so finish those builds and strap on those jerry cans & hi-lift jacks soon!

Oh, there will some bridges among the comp courses, both short and long, and a ramp or two.

"I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"
Old 06-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Ill be building 1.9...

Member Number: 2587

I'll be there! 1.9 and 2.2

Sweet! my house is off 411, I can take that all the way to the park easy Rollin the whole way!
Old 06-23-2009, 05:39 PM
creepy

im stoked! my first comp ... ive wanted to hook up with rockcrawlers of atl for a while but only have for a couple of gettogethers... great group of guys them atlanta fellows! i just cant seem to get my schedule in sync. :{ so im glad ill be seeing some of them there also.. i guess i need to get to waterproofin too i would like to have a nice mud bath!
Old 06-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Ill be building 1.9...

Member Number: 2587

Hey, I'm in georgia not alabama

Creepy Rob, you better show up man, i see you on the RCA board, but never at the comps
Old 06-23-2009, 09:20 PM
midlifer

Member Number: 4424
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler374 View Post

Gotcha fixed. Sorry 'bout that. I made an erroneous assumption.

"I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"
Old 06-23-2009, 11:18 PM
creepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler374 View Post

Creepy Rob, you better show up man, i see you on the RCA board, but never at the comps
lol its fully planned... i may be riding down with my friend zod rhombus and his crawl girl from the scale crawler alliance. theyre coming from nc. oh im sure ill get whipped.. i thrilled about the comp but mainly looking foward to sundays trail ride.. unless someone gets sick ill be there
Old 06-23-2009, 11:21 PM
I never leave, but my wife did!

Member Number: 2141
B/S/T Feedback: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy rob View Post
lol its fully planned... i may be riding down with my friend zod rhombus and his crawl girl from the scale crawler alliance. theyre coming from nc. oh im sure ill get whipped.. i thrilled about the comp but mainly looking foward to sundays trail ride.. unless someone gets sick ill be there
I beleive I will be camping all weekend. This should be fun!!! cant wait to roll with you guys!!
Old 06-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 4112

I unfortunately won't be able to attend as it turns out I have to be in Iowa that weekend for my Nephews 5th birthday, I was getting too excited and I knew there would be a catch when I remembered what it was
Old 06-26-2009, 03:54 PM

DixieScaler how did you know I was working on a Hi-lift jack? I got it finished up and strapped on Wednesday.

I also made up the first Scale4x4rc.com license plate that I know of. That should be worth like 50 scale points right thar!

All joking aside, I appreciate the work you guys are putting into getting this thing together. It will be my first comp and I am looking forward to it. I had a blast at the gtg in February and have been waiting for this ever since. All my rigs are cleaned up and ready to go. I even had them pose for a family portrait while they were all shiny.