Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > 1/8, 1/6 and larger scale Trux!
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

1/8, 1/6 and larger scale Trux! Discuss your large scale projects here, 1/8, 1/6 and larger scales. Juggy, TXT, Clod, TF, MF and similar based rigs.

Old 02-24-2006, 08:23 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 495
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

I just found this on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HUMMER-H1-1-4-The-BI...1QQcmdZViewItem

the body looks ok but the wheels etc look crapy. but its big.

75cm long :nice:

resist, :blink: RESIST :banghead:

Result:- Nothing is impossible.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:39 AM
Administrator - Professor Spoon! I have Evil Powers, and I teach! Mwuhahaha

Member Number: 16
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

interesting.... and I do almost have enuff spares to make another E-maxx....hmm... :lol:

btw dont those axles bear more than a passing resemblance to the Tamiya clodbuster? look at the shot from behind, all clod owners should recognise that axle profile, and the dual swing arms and quadruple shocks are similar too....

wheels are a bit too toyish, but the lid looks pretty scale tho... :excited:

:banana:
Old 02-24-2006, 08:52 AM
Old Time'r

The lid was what got my attention. it looks fairly good.

I couldnt comment on the axles, i am just entering the bigger and non tamiya stuff field, Im still a newb at that for sure.

In My experience and what I read though these things tend not to be too great in the durability department.

Its a wonder how come nyint are still in buisness to be honest. I havent found 1 guy who has a non broken one. And spares are non existant. :blink: its things like spares back up etc that eventuarlly wins.

These can be sold as complete toys and no spares are needed. With the new european law for consumers, tamiya has to provide the majority of spares for their vehicles for up to 10 years after the last issued kits. I suspect thats why they reissued a load of cars and also sold old chassis under new lids.

Old 02-24-2006, 09:14 AM
Staring at unfinished projects .....

Member Number: 308
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

You call this big :blink: ? Look HERE :banana: This one will have 17 horsepower :wacko: ...
Old 02-24-2006, 09:18 AM
Green Lane'r

Member Number: 284

looking at some of the other items that seller has on offer it looks like they are all coming in from China. the freelander looked OK from a distance, but I'd say it waould take a lot of work to make it a respectable scale offroader..
Old 02-24-2006, 10:22 AM
Old Time'r

Member Number: 529

Quote:
Originally posted by Insomniac@Feb 24 2006, 10:18 AM
looking at some of the other items that seller has on offer it looks like they are all coming in from China. the freelander looked OK from a distance, but I'd say it waould take a lot of work to make it a respectable scale offroader..
But is it worth it?
Hell yeah... one of a kind.
1/10th 4X4 Stampede With: Dual Permax 600's with EVX, 2400 Sanyo packs, Aluminum idlers, RPM Clawz, Imex Truck Pull Tires, 645MG Servo, Big Bores, RR Pinon and Spur's, Metal Camber's, Swami's Aluminum C-hubs, Deans all around, custom fabricated chassis, skids, shock tower brace with a Rustler body.
1/10th Tamiya Pajero With: Magnetic Mayhem, cut tires, bearings, 4-link, RR pinon, Futuba MC330CR ESC, deans, Aluminum dogbones and lift.

Old 02-26-2006, 04:16 PM
Forum Member

Member Number: 287

Not to be taken as a slight against Spitfire- since i know he was posting the links here for everyone's benefit- but that Comara H1 is nowhere near being 1/4 scale... it's more like 1/6th or even 1/7th scale!

An H1 is just under 185" (469.9 cm) bumper to bumper.
It is right at the 87" (220 cm) maximum width too.

So at quarter scale it should be 117cm x 55cm.... but the ad states that the truck is 75cm x 45cm, and that width comes with the monster-sized tires.

Just a heads up. And again, thanks again Spitfire for posting that link! At the very least the body looks promising for a project but its really annoying when these sellers try to upspec their product...

http://www.beanos.com/%7Etsoutij/sigs/r_c.jpg

Put this link in your sig: http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/sho...972#post247972
Old 02-27-2006, 05:24 AM

I guess in a way thats good tho seeing as most monster truck suspensions will fit nicely under a 1/6th lid, 1/4 scale would need something that bit wider/beefier...

Old 02-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Old Time'r

No worries weeb :nice:

I didnt check it for size at all just saw the headline in the advert.

These toy companies do wind me up though we have the same issue with the planes, every company on the planet seems unable to scale a warbird to 1/12. But they all claim to be combat legal :blink: These guys just dont get it some times!

Old 02-28-2006, 01:24 AM
Posts all the Time'r

Member Number: 477

Am I the only one who thinks that H1 looks like it is done with some 3D drawing program? Somehow it looks fake. Look at the textures on the floor and tires. And all the shadows look exactly like something you get when you draw with Lightwave 3D or others.

The lighting looks a bit too pro for an ebay listing and looks just like the lighting effects on the 3D programs. Even in the picture where it is sitting in the middle of the other trucks the shadow is not as sharp as under the other trucks. MAybe this is just because he is a professional photographer but it makes me wonder.

Am I just paranoid or...
Old 02-28-2006, 04:32 AM

..not if everyone is really out to get you :nice:

you may be right, but lets face it how often have you seen Ebay auctions showing factory/manufacturer's photo's when the vehicle is actually second hand and looks nothing like the pristine Studio photo of the freshly built vehicle?

I would guess the seller has simply defaulted to some studio pics from the manufacturer, it may even have been scanned from the box...

I think its pics of a real truck tho, it doesnt have the same 'it-looks-a-bit-too-perfect-to-be-real' sort of look that you get from alot of renderings where the model/textures have not been designed to add imperfections...