Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Scale 2.2's
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 2.2's Discuss your scale trucks that use 2.2" sized tires. TLT based and similar.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:05 AM
Banned

Member Number: 3176
B/S/T Feedback: (27)

if you want to get really technical, until the 1.55 rims and tires were introduced NONE of the builds were scale. how many 19 or 22 inch rimmed trail trucks do you see? uhm, NONE. so every 1.9 or 2.2 rim was way out of scale unless you build a 1/8 or 1/6 scale truck.

its all a matter of preference. if you can make the truck look as realistic as possible, more power to you. sometimes its not feasible or even possible to put the servo on the chassis. does that make it less ''scale''? sure to a point. but if the servo is not blatantly hanging off the axle in a way that it just looks bad, then so what. many bodies hide the axle mounted servo very well.

to each thier own. if it works for you, and looks good, then its 'scale'.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:49 AM
Meepin'

Member Number: 10820
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

I think it matters on certain builds. If you stick to stockish and scale body height then chances are you wont really see the top of the axles anyway. There will be a bumper or grill in the way. But if you're building a toober with a sweet high clearance bumper, or none at all, and you can see the axle in all its plastic-y glory then it does matter.

Is my servo chassis or axle mounted?

Its just one more thing to buy or build and I'm too lazy to make my own chassis mount and too cheap to buy a handsbro.
Plus, my truck sits low enough that the servo hardly ever shows. I cant see it making a difference in the appearance of my truck but I'll eventually switch the servo to the chassis anyway.

All that matters is that my GF still has to do a double take to see if I'm on Pirate4x4 or an RC website when I have a vehicle on my screen from this website.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:14 AM
Lack of Time'r

Member Number: 9642

who cares, dont rant, its sad, especially when its about something that you have no control over
Old 03-14-2010, 04:22 AM
Drive it like you know how to Fix it

Member Number: 10605

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunkinMcNut View Post
I think it matters on certain builds. If you stick to stockish and scale body height then chances are you wont really see the top of the axles anyway. There will be a bumper or grill in the way. But if you're building a toober with a sweet high clearance bumper, or none at all, and you can see the axle in all its plastic-y glory then it does matter.

Is my servo chassis or axle mounted?

Its just one more thing to buy or build and I'm too lazy to make my own chassis mount and too cheap to buy a handsbro.
Plus, my truck sits low enough that the servo hardly ever shows. I cant see it making a difference in the appearance of my truck but I'll eventually switch the servo to the chassis anyway.

All that matters is that my GF still has to do a double take to see if I'm on Pirate4x4 or an RC website when I have a vehicle on my screen from this website.
my buddy did the double take when I was looking at your thread earler cause he thought I was on pirate too then he stopped and , LOL
Old 03-14-2010, 04:27 AM
Meepin'

Member Number: 10820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex_50613 View Post
my buddy did the double take when I was looking at your thread earler cause he thought I was on pirate too then he stopped and , LOL
Well that's an awesome compliment in disguise
Guess your buddy knows little about Pirate though... you'd have to be some sort of special stupid to post a JK over there. They would
Old 03-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Brain Mechanic

Member Number: 2610

Okay...my 2 cents. It don't matter in ANY freakin build. Why? This site and community is not a place for a competition about what is scale or not. Its a place to SHARE your builds and have fun.

I have built both setups and my decision on the subject was convenience and a way to challenge MYSELF...not to please anyone. Now it really gets me when a guy has put his heart and soul on a build to have some knowitall telling him "well the servo over the axle ruins it..." That kind of comment is what in the end ruins the experience, and this kind of thread contributes to that.

Thats one of the reasons I dont post anything here in a long time.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:25 PM
"Water Good When Water Proof"

Member Number: 2341
B/S/T Feedback: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttown180 View Post
who cares, dont rant, its sad, especially when its about something that you have no control over
Basically my point also..
Old 03-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 3754

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaman View Post
Okay...my 2 cents. It don't matter in ANY freakin build. Why? This site and community is not a place for a competition about what is scale or not. Its a place to SHARE your builds and have fun.
X2, well put!
Broke MoFo club member#23,
If only I had known I would lived this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 4472
B/S/T Feedback: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaman View Post
my decision on the subject was convenience and a way to challenge MYSELF...not to please anyone.
Thats the way it should be, build your rc the way you like it! With that said chaman you should really be posting more my friend, show off that talent and just ignore the silly comments.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:17 PM
anything RC

Member Number: 2483

[quote=chaman;628201Now it really gets me when a guy has put his heart and soul on a build to have some knowitall telling him "well the servo over the axle ruins it..." That kind of comment is what in the end ruins the experience, and this kind of thread contributes to that.

Thats one of the reasons I dont post anything here in a long time.[/QUOTE]

If you cant take the good comments with the bad ones then thats your problem.Perhaps thats another reason why.

I didnt bring up the comment SCALE OR NOT to tick anyone off or to disscurage anyone from posting their awsome builds on this site.That was not my intentions what so ever.
HOWEVER
If you do post it here, then you had better be able to take what ever kind of comment that someone says for what it really is(A COMMENT).

I realize that not every truck,tuber,buggy,car or whatever can or will be in perfect SCALE.I was only posting a COMMENT and you as a reader may take it for what it is.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Banned

Member Number: 9170
B/S/T Feedback: (4)

I say if you set out to build it scale then yes, mount it on the frame, but if you build a scale trail rig or what not then it doesnt have to be "all" scale..
And thats what I'm shooting for "scaleish" so to say......
Old 03-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Varyag og Muspelheim

Member Number: 1018
B/S/T Feedback: (14)

Renny, to me, how you worded your 1st post did come across as an accusational rant, more so than a comment.

People do all sorts of things that I don't understand... Like fight their way to the far left hand lane when they need to take the next turn out in 1/2 a mile. They listen to novelty songs on loop. They put tomato sauce on everything. That's just people, they all behave in different ways, and mostly to suit them selves. If you try to heard them all into some sort of state of logical behaviour, you'll just blow a vein.

Normally, I run axle mounted servos because I build competition scale trucks and to me, performance is paramount. How ever I did build this year's comp truck with a chassis mounted servo for a change. Really, the only thing this has accomplished is it prevented me from running a front mounted battery so it probably was a poor choice.

Also, if a truck has massive lift, I can see the angle the drag link is put on could be a bad thing.

Arguments for either way, and it is ultimately up to the builder to do what suites them.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Brain Mechanic

Quote:
Now please tell me how many 1.1 rigs has a servo on the axle?
and we still call this SCALE???
IF im in the wrong for saying this then please by all means put me in my place

My 2cents
if your going to call it a SCALE lookin truck/rig/buggy ect.
please dont cheep out and throw the servo on the axle
take some time, think about it, and make it work properly.

Sorry, you brought it to yourself kid. You are not commenting...you are ACCUSING. Thats what the site needs less off...way less off.

You are even saying that to call it scale it NEEDS to have a chassis mounted servo...who are you buddy?? Head of some sort of "Scale Regulations" committee??? You even said that doing so is "cheaping" out?? Who you think you are, I wonder...Better stop and THINK next time before posting such wonderful threads that add so much to the community.

I guess THAT puts you into your place. Sorry guys and mods, next time I hope I post something about a build because after all thats what matters....
Old 03-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Varyag og Muspelheim

Member Number: 1018
B/S/T Feedback: (14)

Wrong or right, best chill a little

I'm glad to see you back.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:10 PM
Brain Mechanic

Glad to be back!