Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Big Rigs, Multi axle, & Tracked Vehicles
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Big Rigs, Multi axle, & Tracked Vehicles The place for "Semi" talk!
Tamiya and Wedico Tractor trailers!
Tamiya and other brand R/C Tanks and Tracked vehicles. And any vehicle with more than 2 axles; 6x6, 8x8, 10x10, etc!

Old 03-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Semi-Truck Enthusiast

Member Number: 11068
B/S/T Feedback: (2)
Default Fire Truck - New Bright 1988

I got my firetruck the other day. Picked it up for $25. This is going to be a slow build, I will work on it between projects. I am working on the electronics and then will try to figure out the sound board. It will be completely disassembled and then painted and put back together. I am going to put dual drive axles in the back, the ladder will work up and down, in and out and around. May take a bit, but I think it will be worth it.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Thinking Big

Member Number: 1490
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

neat!
Old 03-27-2010, 08:08 AM
Member of the C.R.S.P.!!!

Member Number: 1499
B/S/T Feedback: (5)

This will be cool...
Former Owner of BMF#1 BMF Member 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by talon View Post
oh killbucket, your willy is sooooooo big!!!
Old 03-27-2010, 08:50 AM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 170
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

i built one of those a while back, if you use old servos, they can power the motors that control the ladder and you will get proportional control really easy. just center the servo and take out all the gears, unsolder the servo motor and solder the ladder motors right to the circuit board.

that's how i get the toys to be r/c, i did it to the new bright dozer too and it worked fine

i also rigged up a small pump and it shoot water out of the nozzle on the basket

the servos in the back are water pump, horn, and lights & siren

what!! they're not??
Old 03-27-2010, 08:53 AM
bent stick shoot straight stick, sometimes hit target

Member Number: 3635

that's a great looking body to start a project with.

i also like the idea of the water shooting out
Old 03-28-2010, 06:17 AM
Newbie level 1

Member Number: 1643
B/S/T Feedback: (13)
Default small pump

What was the small pump (water) that was used? I am looking for one in a project of mine, BTW that looks great Any info would be nice
Old 03-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 170
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

honestly, it's been so long since i built that one... it's either a windshield washer pump from the auto parts store, or a waterfall pump for train layouts

try r/c airplane fuel transfer pumps too, some of those are small and run on 12v

what!! they're not??
Old 03-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Semi-Truck Enthusiast

I am working on some other projects right now, but I am toying around with the idea of some of these. I am thinking of a King Hauler kit converted to a Pete and using the back half of the firetruck for the ladder and such. Either that or a Globeliner and making it a single axle like the 2nd pic.

I know this is an an international but you get the idea of the area behind the cab.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:42 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 3257
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

If you could pull the tiller off it would be amazing
Old 03-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Semi-Truck Enthusiast

Iv'e got some parts for my w900 and I am going to be mocking things up from that for this project, I am certain that I am going to do the trailer. It will take some time, but I think it will be pretty cool in the end. I know that a true tiller has a separate steering wheel for the rear. This would be hard to pull off, but it could be done. I am still in the "thinking" stage, so we will see what I do. I may go with a steering in the rear and use a wireless communication for the rear servo, lights and all. We'll see.

Ran across this while looking for some pics, not sure it was suppose to look like this.

Old 04-16-2010, 04:12 PM

Member Number: 11575
Default Motor ?'s

I have had my engine for 18 years and decided to clean it up and see if it still worked the other day. Everything works except for the fact that it will not move forward or back. When I started playing around with it the front wheels wouldn't turn either but as a played around with it the eventually kicked in. I'm not sure if the rear motor is junk or if its just stuck or something like the front one was. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 04-16-2010, 05:57 PM
Semi-Truck Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyR619 View Post
I have had my engine for 18 years and decided to clean it up and see if it still worked the other day. Everything works except for the fact that it will not move forward or back. When I started playing around with it the front wheels wouldn't turn either but as a played around with it the eventually kicked in. I'm not sure if the rear motor is junk or if its just stuck or something like the front one was. Any suggestions? Thanks
Especially if it has been in storage, I would take it apart and clean the contacts for the motors, sometimes these get corroded. Just a thought.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:57 AM
I love my wife!!!!

Member Number: 1672
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

It would be awesome if you had a nother controller and electronics for the rear steer. You could control the front while a buddy controled the rear,,just like the real deal!!! Go for it man...
Old 05-08-2010, 01:45 PM

Member Number: 11758

I just bought a new bright firetruck at a garage sale for 5 dollars. Most items worked except for the ladder up and down and ladder rotate. After investigating I found two broken wires INSIDE the cord where it was knotted inside of the controller. Took me a while to find it as broken wires inside cords are not too common it would seem. I found this by unsoldering the wires to the circuit board testing them with a volt ohm meter. After slicing the wire and soldering the wires back together all works fine. Question: anyone know where I can get a bar light, search light for on top of the cab and possibly the extension ladder?
Thanks.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:01 PM

Member Number: 13762

I have one i need help wiring a new controller can any of you guys give me advice or tips on how to do it?