Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > 1/8, 1/6 and larger scale Trux!
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

1/8, 1/6 and larger scale Trux! Discuss your large scale projects here, 1/8, 1/6 and larger scales. Juggy, TXT, Clod, TF, MF and similar based rigs.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:15 PM
never follow

Member Number: 1352
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default 1/6 Hummer H2

nothing special really..URC is having a build off and with my stampede being out of commision for so long, i figured id use it again.

the original plan was to throw in a novak rooster esc and cheap motor, but i had my 5700k mamba max in my wheely king and after going through spurs like nothing else, i figured the mamba had been at home in the stampede for so long, id just put it back in.

i have yet to start the project since the build doesnt start until july 1st, but ive been gathering parts.

first i was gonna use the 2.2 mashers and stampede wheels on it, but they look like they will be to small. we will see.

plan is to get this thing ready to go in 3 days..why 3 days? we are making a family camping trip to this place in wisconsin called jellystone and the place has a huge sand pit at the top and i love driving r/c up there. im going to finish my crawler king by then too. but for now, im going to wire the lights up to a 9v battery, throw in the mamba and spektrum, keep the interior and mount all electronics in the interior, and maybe lock the diff if i can get that done by then.

pics will come july 1st its gonna be hard building this, my 1:1 jeep and working all at the same time but i hope to get her done! then tweak a few things by the deadline of august 31st.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:03 PM
never follow

got a hell of alot done today along with running it and breaking it!

first got the body mounted, putting new tires on..

glued imex 2.2 red rocks

wired lights to a 9v (roof lights werent cooperating so i ditched them

locked the diff last night before bed with jb weld and put it in today

chassis pics (was running esavage shocks rear but they are to long and allow the truck to spit out the rear shafts)

first run

was running great til i lost power and both stub axles looked like this

went to the lhs and got an extra set along with 2 extra spurs for this weeked..

oh, and i smoked the lights using VHT night shade which is what i used on my real jeep

now she has stock stampede rear shocks with esavage springs, front piggy backs with savage springs, mamba 5700k with tenergy 4500 6 cell, spektrum receiver, locked diff, 14/87 gearing, imex 2.2s on stampede chromes, and i think thats it

so far for expenses

tires - $17 per 2 = $34
spur gears - $3 x 3 = $9
stub axles = $3
9v harness and misc wires = $8
pinion gear = $3
stock stampede shocks = $15
front piggy backs = $30

everything else has been pulled off of other r/cs or taken out of storage.

later on i might swap in a brushed motor and rooster esc from my old crawler. the mamba is fun but the esc gets a little hot.

no pics but the batt, ESC and 9v all sit in the cargo area and i just open the hatch to get to it, receiver is in the passengers seat. had to get a little creative to make the servo reach and the esc. so far its fun, havent been able to run it without breaking but i think i got the suspension dialed in along with the gearing.

taking it camping with us tomorrow. were going to wisconsin for the weekend and the campground has a huge sand pit at the top so with the locked diff, big tires and brushless, should be alot of fun!

ill update when i get back but for now, enjoy!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:20 PM

Member Number: 11004
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

OMG! and i thought i was the only one to use a 1/6 new bright Hummer H2!! I am using clod axles with integy 2.2 aluminum conversion tubes with moabs on stampede wheels. Its flippin HUGE!!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 5038

how long was the extention to the stock chassie

oh yeah thats
Old 07-15-2010, 05:33 PM
If in doubt, power out

Member Number: 10355

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotenjon View Post
OMG! and i thought i was the only one to use a 1/6 new bright Hummer H2!! I am using clod axles with integy 2.2 aluminum conversion tubes with moabs on stampede wheels. Its flippin HUGE!!!!
Your not the only one to use a 1/6 new bright Hummer H2 i have got one as a project right now with pti goliath axles and a trans made from parts of a thunder tiger ts4n
Old 07-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Banned

Member Number: 3176
B/S/T Feedback: (27)

looks good, but uhm, putting e-savage springs on stock stampede shocks makes the spring useless. THe spring is twice as long as the shock body, so its fully compressed and therefore doesnt have any dampening qualities what-so-ever.

im confused as to why you would do that.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 5038

having the longer springs squatted into the stampeed shocks allows it to carry the added weight of the body
Old 07-20-2010, 10:49 PM
never follow

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-CUTIONER View Post
how long was the extention to the stock chassie

oh yeah thats
cant remember ill get measurements when i can find time haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon View Post
looks good, but uhm, putting e-savage springs on stock stampede shocks makes the spring useless. THe spring is twice as long as the shock body, so its fully compressed and therefore doesnt have any dampening qualities what-so-ever.

im confused as to why you would do that.
they still do work and compress, but with the weight of the body, the suspension sat at full compression and didnt work..this works awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-CUTIONER View Post
having the longer springs squatted into the stampeed shocks allows it to carry the added weight of the body
thise
Old 07-28-2010, 10:04 PM
a Dezert Speciez

Member Number: 3809
B/S/T Feedback: (6)

We have a shop here that's like a consignment swapmeet. Anyway they have the New Bright for cheep w/o the remote and I'm thinking of picking it up tomorrow. I have a torn apart Slash I think I can use, after looking at your build.

I was just wondering, did the gearing take care of the stub axle problem? Have you broken any thing else? And how well would you say it runs being only 2wd. I'd be building this for my GF since she is a H2 fan so I wouldn't imagine she would drive it too hard. Thanks for your input.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:31 PM
never follow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojaveMonster View Post
We have a shop here that's like a consignment swapmeet. Anyway they have the New Bright for cheep w/o the remote and I'm thinking of picking it up tomorrow. I have a torn apart Slash I think I can use, after looking at your build.

I was just wondering, did the gearing take care of the stub axle problem? Have you broken any thing else? And how well would you say it runs being only 2wd. I'd be building this for my GF since she is a H2 fan so I wouldn't imagine she would drive it too hard. Thanks for your input.
nope they pop out due to the steep driveshaft angle. i ended up picking up an MIP kit for shafts ill be putting in tomorrow. i leave next week for a week long vacation and im bringing it. also it drives awesome! i have the rear diff locked so its not bad at all.

for now heres some pics from jellystone

Old 07-28-2010, 11:59 PM
a Dezert Speciez

Member Number: 3809
B/S/T Feedback: (6)

Cool. Nice pics. Keep us updated how the MIP's work out for you. I don't know what route I'm going to take but fallowing you would be cheapest for me....as long as I can keep breakage minimal. Thanks Bud
Old 07-29-2010, 01:58 AM
never follow

no prob MIPs were only $30..hope they work..every time i rolled this thing, it was because of a rear shaft popping off which with the locked diff, would spin it and flip it. i have a vid too ill have to put up.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 4668

look's great can you post some more pics of how you extended the chassie it's just i have a old rustler that i would like to use for a project much the same . thanks in advance
Old 07-29-2010, 10:48 PM
never follow

ill try to get some before i leave..just some angle aluminum and steel support in the middle.