Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Monsters, Scale 4X2, & Non scale R/C > Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles This is the place to put your Sand Scorchers, Bajas and other various 2wd offroad R/C's


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 12-12-2011, 01:36 PM
kurtcrittenden's Avatar
kurtcrittenden kurtcrittenden is offline
Wasting Time'r
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 433
Member Number: 14737
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Those tires and wheels are perfect on there. Awesome car.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-13-2011, 07:12 AM
FLB's Avatar
FLB FLB is offline
Old Time'r
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 653
Member Number: 6728
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtcrittenden View Post
Those tires and wheels are perfect on there. Awesome car.
Good to hear-thanks! I wanted to make sure I stayed fairly scale in appearance.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-13-2011, 09:37 AM
Banana's Avatar
Banana Banana is offline
I lost my brain! Please help me to find it!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montaldeo (Italy)
Posts: 267
Member Number: 9159
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtcrittenden View Post
Those tires and wheels are perfect on there. Awesome car.
totally agreed

those wheels are the better "baja wheels" you can get on the market now

what about some smaller "BFGs" on the front?
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-13-2011, 11:58 AM
FLB's Avatar
FLB FLB is offline
Old Time'r
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 653
Member Number: 6728
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana View Post
totally agreed

those wheels are the better "baja wheels" you can get on the market now

what about some smaller "BFGs" on the front?
Great-glad you like as well.
Good thinking on the fronts but I actually have the BFG's and they did not look like a big enough difference to me from the rears. I think if I were to go with different tires up front, they would be skinnies, similar to the original SS. Just my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-13-2011, 12:09 PM
reddevildemo's Avatar
reddevildemo reddevildemo is offline
Demo..for short. Semper Fi to all those serving the country
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 3,075
Member Number: 3586
B/S/T Feedback: (9)
Default

I used the mud thrashers in the rear of mine for a difference. Granted mine is not as nice as yours but it did help with the different tire look.

__________________
"There is no better friend...
and no worse enemy than a United States Marine."
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-13-2011, 02:08 PM
FLB's Avatar
FLB FLB is offline
Old Time'r
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 653
Member Number: 6728
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevildemo View Post
I used the mud thrashers in the rear of mine for a difference. Granted mine is not as nice as yours but it did help with the different tire look.
Cool lookin bug!! Thanks for sharing.
I was basing my inspiration on these bad boy VW's-most of the tires here are same size all around-but there are also a lot that have wide and skinny as well.
Attached Images
  
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-15-2011, 02:19 PM
FLB's Avatar
FLB FLB is offline
Old Time'r
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 653
Member Number: 6728
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Steering is mocked up works-servo is just there with double stick for position. I have a new servo coming in tomorrow-will mount more securely. I also made a front brush bar and modified the SS front to slide over it. I couldn't help myself with the skull....maybe too much bourbon in the shop last night...
Attached Images
    
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-16-2011, 05:13 AM
Hcp22's Avatar
Hcp22 Hcp22 is offline
Lack of Time'r
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Gothenburg Sweden
Posts: 153
Member Number: 16219
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

The skull is what we call “artistic freedom”
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-16-2011, 07:50 PM
RCJEEPBUILDER's Avatar
RCJEEPBUILDER RCJEEPBUILDER is offline
I love my wife!!!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,856
Member Number: 1672
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default

This is the coolest scorcher I have seen, Are you going to sell copies of the chassis??Is the larger size tubing made from hollow brake line?
__________________
5 ton of fun
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-16-2011, 11:00 PM
bonards29's Avatar
bonards29 bonards29 is offline
Do you ever leave the board?
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: rancho cucamonga, ca
Posts: 1,465
Member Number: 4236
B/S/T Feedback: (11)
Default

Great details and looks really scale. Love it!
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 12-17-2011, 04:15 AM
FLB's Avatar
FLB FLB is offline
Old Time'r
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 653
Member Number: 6728
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCJEEPBUILDER View Post
This is the coolest scorcher I have seen, Are you going to sell copies of the chassis??Is the larger size tubing made from hollow brake line?
Hey thanks. I am not sure yet-the design right now will bolt onto the existing Scorcher suspension but there is still a lot of tweaking to do-I wanted to get through this build first, then see.
Yes, the larger size tubing is 3/16" brake line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonards29 View Post
Great details and looks really scale. Love it!
Cool-appreciate the feedback!
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Badboy's Avatar
Badboy Badboy is offline
Old Time'r
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ugly Stockholm Sweden!!!
Posts: 544
Member Number: 3837
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

You are freaking sick!!!
This is the best SS/baja build ever!
I would really like one!
Rollcage and rear suspention would be nice
As I'm into useing the original radiobox I guess the chssia wouldn't work.
So a flat chassie with rollcage and rear suspention please
If you ever would build to sell, for god sake please let me know!!!
I really like what you done with the front suspention!
Is it possible to have a pic of the tyres/wheels beside original SS wheels?
Do you thing the MT's works on original SS fronts and rear?

Badboy
__________________
I love my girlfriend!

Last edited by Badboy : 12-17-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 12-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Badboy's Avatar
Badboy Badboy is offline
Old Time'r
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ugly Stockholm Sweden!!!
Posts: 544
Member Number: 3837
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLB View Post
Steering is mocked up works-servo is just there with double stick for position. I have a new servo coming in tomorrow-will mount more securely. I also made a front brush bar and modified the SS front to slide over it. I couldn't help myself with the skull....maybe too much bourbon in the shop last night...
Why not put a screw there so you can have a spare tyre under the bonnet?
And also do a flip front...
If you want/need more travelling in the front cut the stopluggs on the trailingarms...

Badboy
__________________
I love my girlfriend!

Last edited by Badboy : 12-17-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-17-2011, 01:59 PM
FLB's Avatar
FLB FLB is offline
Old Time'r
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 653
Member Number: 6728
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy View Post
You are freaking sick!!!
This is the best SS/baja build ever!
I would really like one!
Rollcage and rear suspention would be nice
As I'm into useing the original radiobox I guess the chssia wouldn't work.
So a flat chassie with rollcage and rear suspention please
If you ever would build to sell, for god sake please let me know!!!
I really like what you done with the front suspention!
Is it possible to have a pic of the tyres/wheels beside original SS wheels?
Do you thing the MT's works on original SS fronts and rear?

Badboy
Thanks man! I am still going finish this one up before thinking about making more chassis. As I said before, this is still a great hobby for me-not sure I want to pile it into the other things I do for income. Not saying no-just not right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy View Post
Why not put a screw there so you can have a spare tyre under the bonnet?
And also do a flip front...
If you want/need more travelling in the front cut the stopluggs on the trailingarms...

Badboy
Good suggestion on the spare-I was actually thinking of making a circular well in the bonnet for the spare so it stays exposed but is recessed-could be a cool look.
Yes-agree-I should trim the limit stops on the SS front arms to get more travel-thanks!!
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-22-2011, 06:36 AM
FLB's Avatar
FLB FLB is offline
Old Time'r
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 653
Member Number: 6728
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default

I started to work on an engine to stuff in the rear. Although I am stuck with it, I hate the SRB gearbox. It sticks out the back way too far and is a bear to cover up. Anyway, I made the oil tank from steel, used some turnings and metal parts I had around for detailing. The block is from the 1/9th Revell Kubelwagen kit that I have been slowly purging for different builds. I still need to make an exhaust and have yet to do more blending of the block into the gearbox to try to mask it as much as possible.
Attached Images
   
Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - 2014, Scale 4x4 R/C