Originally posted by [email protected]
16 2005, 09:44 PM
Killer paint job! You do that yourself!
Aye Matt. Thanks,
As for you Highmark... naaaaah. That's a secret. I can't let other people win! :lol:
If you run by TCS rules, you must keep the stock silvercan. Anything else made by Tamiya for the car is fair game as long as it's intended for the car. Electronics can be made by anyone.
- Tamiya Blue TRF Fluorine coated shock units. Smoothest shocks out there, and some of the most expensive, but I think they're worth it. 60wt front, 40wt rear.
- Tamiya aluminum front knuckles. The stock units bend like cheese left to sit in the sun on a hot summer day.
- TL01/M03 2º rear uprights. Help to decrease your steering radius, but also detract from your top speed just a bit.
- Tamiya aluminum servo standoffs. Reduce flex in the steering, making the overall movement more effective in translating to performance.
- Tamiya M-chassis front and rear stabilizer kit. Simply anti-roll bars. I use the black one in the rear, and nothing on the front.
- Tamiya short spring kit. I use the yellows out back and the blues up front.
- Tamiya reinforced M-chassis wheels. In order to be TCS legal, you must run Tamiya wheels, although they're significantly weaker than the HPI 5-spoke units. I run HPI wheels for any racing other than the TCS.
- Tamiya type-A reinforced slicks. Stock grey insert in the rear (#53255), and 53255's up front as well as the molded foam insert for the M-chassis to 'double-stuff' the front tires in order to gain rollout.
- Tamiya Universals (#53597). The dogbones aren't as efficient.
- Tamiya Hollow carbon gear shaft set(#53390)
- Tamiya bearings (don't have to use Tamiya bearings, but they last the longest for me)
- Futaba MC330CR ESC. I also hardwire all my connections, so I redid all the wiring on the ESC with 12ga Deans wire.
- Novak XXL Reciever
- Futaba RPMTFS radio system
- Futaba S3003 servo. It works, it's reliable, and it's cheap.
- GP3300 batteries. Nothing below this unless you want to be spanked.
And if you want your car to be REALLY fast, you need the lightweight blue aluminum locknuts for the wheels. :lol: