PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas to ME!! New toy!

toyranosaur
12-02-2005, 11:42 AM
HA-HA, Itchbays! I read the Wildhobby review on the Shack's Ricky Carmichael bike, plus the RCCA 'cycle article,and said "That's it! I own one!" The front tyre is as tall as my new Kyosho HOR (Also in pic- HARRR!! Me so lucky!) The one in the middle is the Tyco, for size comparison. The Radio Shack bike is about 8 lbs! Someone here tipped me off that they're on sale (Thanks buddy! But now I'm in it when the girlie gets home :cryin: )-for $89, and you get a free 7.2v. stick pack and a charger that lets you switch between NiCD & NiMH, cool. It uses a standard R/C servo, battery, AND motor, so soon I'll see if I can put a good 'un in there (I literaly just pulled it outta the box.) I might hafta get this one dirty....Chris

Da Ricky!

toyranosaur
12-02-2005, 11:43 AM
3 of my 4 bikes, for size comparison (I also have an original Kyosho Mk.I that I'm finishing up.)

toyranosaur
12-02-2005, 11:44 AM
The 'New" HOR (This one's my darlin' now-Thanks Kmot, parts soon!)

TrikeKid
12-02-2005, 12:03 PM
is that yamaha dirt bike the mini or the full size? I'd hang onto both of the MX bikes, they're going to be big bucks when McGrath and Carmichael

Slyp Dawg
12-02-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2005, 12:42 PM
HA-HA, Itchbays! I read the Wildhobby review on the Shack's Ricky Carmichael bike, plus the RCCA 'cycle article,and said "That's it! I own one!" The front tyre is as tall as my new Kyosho HOR (Also in pic- HARRR!! Me so lucky!) The one in the middle is the Tyco, for size comparison. The Radio Shack bike is about 8 lbs! Someone here tipped me off that they're on sale (Thanks buddy! But now I'm in it when the girlie gets home :cryin: )-for $89, and you get a free 7.2v. stick pack and a charger that lets you switch between NiCD & NiMH, cool. It uses a standard R/C servo, battery, AND motor, so soon I'll see if I can put a good 'un in there (I literaly just pulled it outta the box.) I might hafta get this one dirty....Chris

Da Ricky!
damn you! I wanted to have one! ah well, once I can find a coic collecting shop that doesn't close at 1:00 PM on tuesday through saturday (damn them! they start a coin collecting shop and all of a sudden they are snobbish enough to close at 1:00! damnit!) and get a price put on my two cents :lol: (literaly, one from 1850, one from 1905) and sell them, I might have enough for either a MX like yours, or a Kyosho Pureten Rally car, after a few allowances, ofcourse

Spoon37
12-02-2005, 03:12 PM
:chug: nice dirtbike....

whats the other one(blue n yellow in the middle of the size comparison pic)? I thought there weren't any other RC dirtbikes to speak of?

:banana:

toyranosaur
12-02-2005, 05:31 PM
Bwaha! The middle bike is a TYCO (Spoon!) and it's the larger of the two Trikekid! Worry not, I'll keep 'em, even though what they may be worth is of no consequence- In my almost 20 years of R/C, I've only sold 2: It was years ago, and I'm still kicking myself! That's why I have around 65 R/C's. Unlike most people, I will never 'Burn Out' on this, nor will ANY financial hardship or desire for anything else in life 'Force' me to part with them. Basically, when I read about guys who are selling their rigs for any other reason than, like, their wife needs a kidney or something, I think "R/C *****!" I might not say it, but that's what I'm thinking! There are a few of you that are the same, I'm sure. Slyp, thanks for posting that review, that's what put it over the edge. Well, I can't be typing all night, or I won't be able to take it apart to see what's possible for motor/electronics improvements! Cheers, Chris
P.S.-If you sold your rig to finance another rig, you're still a puss, so don't ask :lol:

tuffguy
12-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Chris it is your fault, I just picked up one from my local ratshack. $60.74 out the door with the battery and charger!
The assistant manager dude threw in the battery and charger and then subtracted the amount 24.99 from the price of the motorcycle $80.99.
Whoooooo hoooooooooo
It is huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I have to design a trailor to pull my huge *** motorcycle behind my made up in my mind 1:6 scale Bronco.
Kevin

clodman13697
12-02-2005, 06:26 PM
Over the summer I picked up I picked up the RS bike for $70 it was the demo model and I took it back 2 days later. It had about a 30 foot range which is less than its turning circle and thus it would stick at whatever throttle setting until it hit something and fell over. It was fast on the road..........but thats not a dirtbike is for right? It also couldnt turn around in the road, not even a slide turn......because well the brakes didnt do a heckuva lot. I was swayed by online reviews and it left me discouraged, not to mention the belt was slipping even with the stock motor. :nono:

Jchung
12-02-2005, 07:51 PM
That's sweet Chris! My dad have been trying to find the dirt bikes here in Canada too. Everytime we see the store, we go check it. But so far no luck. I never knew it's that big either. :nice:

ddtuass
12-03-2005, 01:54 AM
Very cool Chris, Now we just need a vid of them in action.
Chris

toyranosaur
12-03-2005, 07:18 AM
Diggin' it! Damn Tuffguy, what a deal you got! Oh well, they were $130 new, so I can live with it. Still jealous though! Hey Clodman, bein's you got the demo, maybe the 'slipper' was worn: I've yet to run mine, but I had it apart yesterday and saw their version of a 'slipper': It's inside the spur gear, and basically here's how it works-The pinion gear drives the spur, but not 'Directly', as the pinion drives the spur BUT the spur has another 'gear' inside of it that has nothing to do with tranny ratio: It's got rounded teeth mounted on flexible backing, and fits into a pocket inside the spur that also has rounded teeth. When I first put mine on the floor and held onto it while giving it throttle, it didn't even buck, but made a 'TRRPPT' sound that I thought was the sloppy belt slipping too, but now I know it was that weird slipper set-up. (I had a few drinky-poos and stupidly did not take a pic. :chug: ) I even mentioned it to the girlie as a problem spot: I may just epoxy it into one gear, but thought I'd try it stock first. The obvious prob is that every time it slips, the round teeth are just gonna get rounder, so....? The prob will just get worse as time goes on. I'm actually gonna run this, so I'll let ya'll know what transpires, even though it's pretty apparent. Mr. Chung, if the bike can't be had in Canada, I or maybe someone who can get it cheaper (Tuffguy!) can arrange to ship one there if they work as claimed. And DDtuass, the vid will be up to someone with the knowledge and equipment to do that, but maybe Tuffguy......(Only 1 post and I've volunteered him for 2 things already! I better stop typing!) Chris

toyranosaur
12-04-2005, 07:14 AM
Well, fixed the windscreen by replacing it with Lexan: It was a bigger job than I anticipated, but adds BIG realism compared to stock.

Here's 'Before":

toyranosaur
12-04-2005, 07:15 AM
And 'After":

toyranosaur
12-04-2005, 07:15 AM
The whole damn bike looks better, I think!

Spoon37
12-04-2005, 07:24 AM
:chug:

looks better.... but the guy riding it seems to be looking at one of the mounting screws, its not loose is it? :lol:

Slyp Dawg
12-04-2005, 08:29 AM
I BE GOTTED ONE! :lol: really, just havn't run it yet, oh yeah, chris, can you maybe make a chain drive conversion kit for this thing? maybe have it include some small bike chain (aka, bicycle chain off of a little kids' bike) for it and a solid spur gear? that would add realism and durability (chain provides both, spur only provides hidden bling and durability). oh yeah, do ya think that 1/8 scale buggy tires would fit this if the bead was trimmed off? if so, one pair of tires could provide two rear tires, thus you get double tire life (aka, replace the first tire in the set with the second tire when the first one wears out) for the same money! if that's true, I might get some proline Knuckles 2.0 or moabs (1/8 scale buggy sized ofcourse, if they fit that is) or, maybe some sand paddles if the inevitable snow (aka, monday) is powdery and isn't like a slurpy (isn't slushy (slushy = snow, rain, freezing rain, ect)) if it's really effin hard packed, I might just get some onroad tires and stick some metal screws through the tire for ice spikes (also makes a good meat grinder once you clean the dirt off :lol: ) I wonder if the guys at the local harley owner's group would appreciate it if I brought a honda MX bike? :lol: EDIT nevermind about the chain drive conversion, just saw that dammachines is working on one

toyranosaur
12-04-2005, 09:15 AM
Geez! We got 3 guys now, and only one short run to report on? At least Slyp FINALLY made a decision! The "So should I get a Frog or a Tyco or a motorcycle or a .......was making my brain itch :lol: Let's hope these work or we'll look like idiots! (Nothing new here, but you guys might find the experience painful.) And Spoon, he's actually just looking through the windscreen: He's never been able to see before with the old one! It's weird what Spoon notices in a pic, eh? Chris

Spoon37
12-04-2005, 05:15 PM
ah... I see....

I notice alot of things... :lol:

Slyp Dawg
12-04-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 4 2005, 10:15 AM
Let's hope these work or we'll look like idiots! (Nothing new here, but you guys might find the experience painful.)
:lol: :rolling: lol! :rolling: :lol:

Kmot
12-06-2005, 10:03 PM
Dang Chris! You didn't waste any time did you! Your little ****, I mean HOR looks great!

I have a Ricky too. Bought mine when they wre top dollar! aarrgghh! Anyway I did a little surgery on the plastic sides to make it look a little less....well, 'plastic'. :rolling:

http://www.fototime.com/50F017DED4EE0E7/standard.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/BD64C8B31928193/standard.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/9FDC4D021A7B1AD/standard.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/B8DC1C8ECC9EFEA/standard.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/711029DAE0D4FE6/standard.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/7341F988B342AD5/standard.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/2E1566C08DFCBC4/standard.jpg

toyranosaur
12-06-2005, 10:29 PM
Kmart! That's not only a great idea, and looks fantastic, but I bet that solves the problem of weight right there! :lol: Thanks again for fronting the bike, it's my baby! I can't wait to get caught up & do parts for US and the HOR's, it's a drag having to do other parts and school stuff when I'm so psyched about the bikes. All in good time I guess! Cherio, Chris P.S.-That bike's too shiny!

Kmot
12-07-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 6 2005, 11:29 PM
P.S.-That bike's too shiny!
Oh, not anymore! Those pics were when it was brand new! :lol:

tuffguy
12-07-2005, 12:26 PM
That makes it look completely different, FANTABOLUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KEVIN