PDA

View Full Version : between me an rangerboy - OFFICIAL THREAD MISSION STATEMENT POST #253

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82

bajaboy5b
01-08-2011, 05:18 AM
ok not wanting to make a thread can i use lipo with this ESC http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/electronic-speed-controls/brushed-forwardbrakereverse/produkt/aiautomatic-pro-reverse-digital/details/ but since is has no cut off i use this http://www.teamnovak.com/products/lipo_cutoff_module/index.html so could i do that?

Ragnarok
01-08-2011, 10:01 AM
morning guys, how is everyone?
I may have a blocked carotid artery. I'm seeing my doctor this coming Thursday for something else so I'll be talking to him then. I helped my dad do a big hairy installation on December 29th and it was then that things started feeling very wrong. It took us about seven hours straight. I couldn't sit down or take a break. About an hour before we were done I started having the most horrible blood-pressure headache I've ever had. A lot of my time was spent bent over a tool box or retrieving tools from across the room, as well as hunched over vacuuming the floor where dust had fallen. There was also a lot of lifting. During the ride home my head was even worse. It hurt for several days straight. I thought I was going to blind from the pain.

Anyway, the left side of my throat has a very uncomfortable pressure-related pain ever since. If I stay absolutely still it doesn't bother me, but the instant I start moving around it gets worse and a bludgeoning pain starts growing and goes up the left side of my head.

My hope is that it's hypertension because it took a long day of overexertion for this to show up. Hypertension isn't good either but it's treatable without surgery. If it is a blocked or hardened artery, or something more insidious, and some kind of surgical procedure is necessary then the truth is I don't have long because I can't afford it. It would put my family in destitution immediately. A casket or an urn is far less expensive. We're on the verge of financial ruin as it is.

Not crying in my (root) beer or looking for sympathy. Just something that's got me a bit terrified. I may know more next Thursday. I have to go in for some preliminary blood work on Monday to check for liver/kidney damage from my meds I'm taking for my psoriatic arthritis and there might be a chance to discuss it then.

dkchance74
01-08-2011, 10:13 AM
I may have a blocked carotid artery. I'm seeing my doctor this coming Thursday for something else so I'll be talking to him then. I helped my dad do a big hairy installation on December 29th and it was then that things started feeling very wrong. It took us about seven hours straight. I couldn't sit down or take a break. About an hour before we were done I started having the most horrible blood-pressure headache I've ever had. A lot of my time was spent bent over a tool box or retrieving tools from across the room, as well as hunched over vacuuming the floor where dust had fallen. There was also a lot of lifting. During the ride home my head was even worse. It hurt for several days straight. I thought I was going to blind from the pain.

Anyway, the left side of my throat has a very uncomfortable pressure-related pain ever since. If I stay absolutely still it doesn't bother me, but the instant I start moving around it gets worse and a bludgeoning pain starts growing and goes up the left side of my head.

My hope is that it's hypertension because it took a long day of overexertion for this to show up. Hypertension isn't good either but it's treatable without surgery. If it is a blocked or hardened artery, or something more insidious, and some kind of surgical procedure is necessary then the truth is I don't have long because I can't afford it. It would put my family in destitution immediately. A casket or an urn is far less expensive. We're on the verge of financial ruin as it is.

Not crying in my (root) beer or looking for sympathy. Just something that's got me a bit terrified. I may know more next Thursday. I have to go in for some preliminary blood work on Monday to check for liver/kidney damage from my meds I'm taking for my psoriatic arthritis and there might be a chance to discuss it then.

WOW man that sucks! hope everything goes alright for ya. our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family! just take it easy if ya can.:(

twisted77
01-08-2011, 10:31 AM
My son has a 102 temp. and my wife is also sick. Need to pick out paint for my rooms in the house beore I leave so my mother can help my wife paint while I am gone. I am tired, have a lot to do still. And dont know where to start.

dkchance74
01-08-2011, 10:33 AM
My son has a 102 temp. and my wife is also sick. Need to pick out paint for my rooms in the house beore I leave so my mother can help my wife paint while I am gone. I am tired, have a lot to do still. And dont know where to start.

just start at the beginning ang go from there:chug:

twisted77
01-08-2011, 11:09 AM
I dont know where the begining is.

Oggy
01-08-2011, 11:33 AM
hey guys, i picked up a new 1/1 daily driver today.

it's a 1989 B.M.W. 318i touring :bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance: :bacondance:

2k2cse
01-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Any pics oggy? :excited:

Ian
01-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Aren't they the ones that do 25mpg, or am i thinking of the 728i?

Oggy
01-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Any pics oggy? :excited:

pics will have to wait till tomorrow, cos it's dark here now

Ian
01-08-2011, 12:30 PM

I get no reply :cryin: :cryin: That's it, I'm off in the shed to build something :p

Oggy
01-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Aren't they the ones that do 25mpg, or am i thinking of the 728i?

combined cycle m.p.g. is quoted at 32 mpg

2k2cse
01-08-2011, 03:03 PM

Can't wait :lol:

I have a question about Paypal. If i have my account linked to a prepaid credit card that only has say $10 left on it, and I want to buy something thats $60, would I be able to get a $50 card, activate it and link it, and be able to use both of them together? Or will i have to get a card that has more than $60 on it, and just use that?

talon
01-08-2011, 03:20 PM
i dont think you can link to a prepaid card at all. it has to be a verified card.

2k2cse
01-08-2011, 03:21 PM
You can. I have one linked right now, that I've been using for the last couple months.

LondonF350
01-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Jeez, sorry to hear that Rag. :(
Best of luck with it. Will keep everything crossed for you. :chug:

twisted77
01-08-2011, 07:50 PM
ON my way to wally land right now to look at laptops. Been looking for the last hour or so online. I think I am going for the Sony VAIO. That is what I have for my home Tower.

twisted77
01-09-2011, 12:28 AM
I am back! Woot Woot!:bacondance:

I got me a Vaio! Model EEC3WFX/BJ ! LOL now don't that make me sound all smart and stuff.

Anyway here are the specs.

Processor: AMD Athlon II Dual Core Processor P340 / 2.2 ghz
Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
Display: 15.5 / 1366 x 768
Memory: 4gb
Storage: 500gb (HDD)
Optical drive: DVD Supermulti drive

This thing is PIMP!

Ragnarok
01-09-2011, 12:42 AM
Sony makes nice gear. :nice:

twisted77
01-09-2011, 12:53 AM
Sony makes nice gear. :nice:

With all the usuall tech talk, that is all you have to say about my new toy.!!!! I am highly let down Rag!:thinking::banghead:

Ragnarok
01-09-2011, 02:14 AM
I'm not well. Take what you can get. :lolbeat: It looks like that's the same model Bullitt got for Mrs. Bullitt. It should amount to a good rig. :nice:

Ian
01-09-2011, 05:37 AM

Damn! I hope it's nothing to serious Rag. I think it sucks that people have to choose between there house etc or being fit and healthy, it's basically punishment for getting ill.

My old boy just had 2 stents fitted to an artery near his heart, he was having the same problems as you have described, but he went one further and had a heart attack. I'm sure if the worse came to the worse we would all dig deep to help you out as much as we could buddey:nice:

Oggy
01-09-2011, 06:39 AM
here's a couple of pics of my car, this is how i bought it, and before i washed it, i've also started a thread in the 1/1 car section, with more pics, and my plans for the car

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt358/bigoggy/beemer/IMG0550A.jpg

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt358/bigoggy/beemer/IMG0551A.jpg

Lee
01-09-2011, 06:47 AM
HATE! :mad:

im only sore because i got quoted £10,000 to insure a 316 e30 touring :lol:
i am incredibly jealous of you oggy <_<

:banana:

Oggy
01-09-2011, 06:50 AM
my 1.6 astra cost £550 a year to insure

this is costing me £79, yes seveny nine pounds, a year on a classic policy

sorry Lee, i don't meen to gloat, i'm just really happy with that quote :Happybounce: :Happybounce: :Happybounce: :Happybounce:

Lee
01-09-2011, 06:53 AM
*rage* :lol:
cheapest quote ive had actually is a 1.6 capri laser. and tbf, that would be a tasty first car... i just dont know if the college i go to allows people to keep cars on premesis.
what company if you dont mind me asking? im going to research...

Oggy
01-09-2011, 07:03 AM
sureterm direct

Ian
01-09-2011, 07:06 AM
Time to tour, first stop, Ian's house so he can T-cut and then polish the shet outta my new ride.

Any problems with it oggy?

Oggy
01-09-2011, 07:07 AM
Time to tour, first stop, Ian's house so he can T-cut and then polish the shet outta my new ride.

Any problems with it oggy?
look at this thread for all the details mate

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57821

dkchance74
01-09-2011, 08:14 AM
[QUOTE=twisted77;775573]I am back! Woot Woot!:bacondance:

already makin the train sounds:lolbeat:

hey i'm gonna be in evansville on the 30th for the avenged sevenfold concert. you gonna be home then??

Lee
01-09-2011, 08:26 AM
dkchance is the second person to make it into my jealous-of list.
i really like avenged sevenfold :lol:

dkchance74
01-09-2011, 08:29 AM
dkchance is the second person to make it into my jealous-of list.
i really like avenged sevenfold :lol:

sorry man, but it's gonna be a great concert:Happybounce:

A7X, stone sour, hollywood undead.....:D

oldskoolmini
01-09-2011, 08:32 AM
morning fellas! how is everyone doing?
I had me a date last night that went really well. went and saw Season of The Witch. its a pretty good movie. i had a blast last night.
on a sad note I found out a buddy of mine from highschool died last night in a car wreck. he crossed the center line on a curvy back road and ran head on into a big suv with his mini cooper. he was only 19.

THE_JOKER
01-09-2011, 08:34 AM
Beast.

http://www.smcars.net/forums/attachments/work-progress-high-quality/82429d1221423347-carnifex-original-50s-style-car-ratrod-carnifex-wip-06.jpg

THE_JOKER
01-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Sorry to hear for your loss Oldskool, i posted pic above without seeing your post, sorry.

oldskoolmini
01-09-2011, 08:48 AM
thanks Joker. btw what is that car? i want one.

THE_JOKER
01-09-2011, 09:08 AM
No idea, i thought it was a bmw?

But whoever designed it, if he/she aint a millionaire already they should be....i can see that car in so many movies.

Ian
01-09-2011, 10:47 AM
Or in my driveway :drool:

Ragnarok
01-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Damn! I hope it's nothing to serious Rag. I think it sucks that people have to choose between there house etc or being fit and healthy, it's basically punishment for getting ill.

My old boy just had 2 stents fitted to an artery near his heart, he was having the same problems as you have described, but he went one further and had a heart attack. I'm sure if the worse came to the worse we would all dig deep to help you out as much as we could buddey:nice:

Gotta be honest, the stents are not the kind of thing I need to hear. :( If I were to have something like that done I'm easily looking at $60,000 to $120,000 or more. My mother had an angiogram a few years ago and it was almost $30,000. Since they are of a certain age, my folks are on Medicare and it paid for all but $600 of it. I'm not even 35, so I cannot qualify for any kind of real assistance. I tried to get some kind of public medial assistance once and they were more concerned with putting me on food stamps - not what I was after nor what I needed. The bureaucracies in this country are warped and broken. They've got a quota for getting a certain number of new people into their entitlement programs. I was looking for medical help, and it would have been a temporary thing - not an entrenchment into something I wasn't even asking for. I'm going to try not to panic any more (at least not here) and just wait for what my doctor is able to tell me.

You know, my heart has been acting bizarrely ever since I've been on methotrexate: atrial fibrillation, goofy rhythms, and the occasional chest pain. It could be coincidental, but other than pretty high blood pressure, I've never had any heart issues until I started on methotrexate. The only other alternative I know of is Embril, which costs more per month than our house rent, and it carries some dire side effects, too.

What an era. We have the technology to diagnose problems with a fair amount of accuracy, and we've developed ways to treat them but so many are in a transitional phase where they work but they're potentially life-threatening on their own.

Ian
01-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Gotta be honest, the stents are not the kind of thing I need to hear. :( If I were to have something like that done I'm easily looking at $60,000 to $120,000 or more. My mother had an angiogram a few years ago and it was almost $30,000. Since they are of a certain age, my folks are on Medicare and it paid for all but $600 of it. I'm not even 35, so I cannot qualify for kind of real assistance. I tried to get some kind of public medial assistance once and they were more concerned with putting me on food stamps - not what I was after nor what I needed. The bureaucracies in this country are warped and broken. I'm going to try not to panic any more (at least not here) and just wait for what my doctor is able to tell me.

You know, my heart has been acting bizarrely ever since I've been on methotrexate: atrial fibrillation, goofy rhythms, and the occasional chest pain. It could be coincidental, but other than pretty high blood pressure, I've never had any heart issues until I started on methotrexate. The only other alternative I know of is Embril, which costs more per month than our house rent, and it carries some dire side effects, too.

What an era. We have the technology to diagnose problems with a fair amount of accuracy, and we've developed ways to treat them but so many are in a transitional phase where they work but they're potentially life-threatening on their own.

Hey sorry Rag, i just read my post back, it wasn't very pleasant of me to word it like i did! Sorry man, i meant no harm or worry. It's probably just your medication causing these problems?.

My advice, roll yourself a fat one and forget about everything:blink:^_^

Ragnarok
01-09-2011, 11:43 AM
No, no, no - you weren't being insensitive. :chug: It's just not the kind of news I was up to hearing. As far as my condition is concerned everything's speculative at this point. I just don't know. It could be really horrible news or it could be a simple fix. Truthfully, I shouldn't have brought it up in the first place. I was panicking. :blush:

LondonF350
01-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Don't over-think it Rag. Whenever we try and guess what's wrong we are nearly always wrong!

I still have everything crossed for you though. I know what it's like to have long term health worries, and it sucks! :(

All the best bud. :chug:

BTW... have you considered medical tourism?? plenty of people book a holiday to the UK, just so they can colapse in one of our Emergency rooms and get fixed up free of charge!! I have a spare room for your recouperation! :chug:

Oggy
01-09-2011, 01:49 PM
anyone know what country this is?

rally held on roads with cars parked on them, cars hits spectators

the british health and safety executive would explode at the thought of the paper work for this accident

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOyquQBbtKk&feature=related

Oggy
01-09-2011, 01:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJpAWTT_lFE

LondonF350
01-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Wow, I kinda wish I hadn't watched that rally crash!! :eek:

Oggy
01-09-2011, 04:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh8fK0rcWR8

twisted77
01-09-2011, 06:35 PM
Rag
I hope every thing works out ok for you.

oldskoolmini
01-09-2011, 09:34 PM
it started snowing here in georgia pretty heavily so i got the bright idea to roll around in my wheelchair naked outside. my one nut is frozen solid.

The Stray Cat
01-09-2011, 09:44 PM
it started snowing here in georgia pretty heavily so i got the bright idea to roll around in my wheelchair naked outside. my one nut is frozen solid.

You truly need serious mental help bud!:lolbeat:

dkchance74
01-09-2011, 09:47 PM
:worthless: just kidding:banghead:

FunkyHunk
01-10-2011, 12:49 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2214/2190671000_32449869ce.jpg

Oggy
01-10-2011, 01:17 AM

:lolbeat::lolbeat::lolbeat::lolbeat:

oldskoolmini
01-10-2011, 01:24 AM
this is to prove im nuts. yes im nude. but the pic is g-rated. i froze my one nut off doing donuts in my wheelchair. 2" on the back deck then and now there is 5". gonna try and build a wheelchair snowman in the morning.:banana:

THE_JOKER
01-10-2011, 02:47 AM
There's a cell free across from mine.

Anyone seen "The Green Hornet" yet?

Oggy
01-10-2011, 02:55 AM
this is to prove im nuts. yes im nude. but the pic is g-rated. i froze my one nut off doing donuts in my wheelchair. 2" on the back deck then and now there is 5". gonna try and build a wheelchair snowman in the morning.:banana:

CHEAT, you kept your hat on!!

that's not naked

FunkyHunk
01-10-2011, 05:23 AM
We are all naked under our clothes :)

Ian
01-10-2011, 06:52 AM

:lol:
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/Iansvecs/chubby3-LST009819.jpg
^_^

bajaboy5b
01-10-2011, 11:01 AM
heres a idea i've seen like 100s of noob threads and it's kinda really ****ing me off so y can't be have like as soon as the person joins the forum they can't post for around 2 weeks or something like that so they can look around and learn stuff?

talon
01-10-2011, 11:07 AM
heres a idea i've seen like 100s of noob threads and it's kinda really ****ing me off so y can't be have like as soon as the person joins the forum they can't post for around 2 weeks or something like that so they can look around and learn stuff?

a brilliant idea, but pointless to put it here.

hell i think noobs should be on limited EVERYTHING until they prove they have either a clue, or a true willingness to learn. then again, im a dick. :D lol (no i am)

The Stray Cat
01-10-2011, 11:08 AM
a brilliant idea, but pointless to put it here.

hell i think noobs should be on limited EVERYTHING until they prove they have either a clue, or a true willingness to learn. then again, im a dick. :D lol (no i am)

X2 on that, all of it!:rofl::chug:

bajaboy5b
01-10-2011, 11:10 AM
or they have one chance to make one thread if we don't like it or they mess up they have a 2 week ban but just can't post so they still learn.

Lee
01-10-2011, 11:19 AM
repuatation points. would give somthing else to judge b/s/t eligibility too.

Ian
01-10-2011, 11:37 AM
repuatation points. would give somthing else to judge b/s/t eligibility too.

Reputation points is just another way for one member to feel more superior to the next. Plus, don't we have that already? ( post count ) I mean, if i have doubts on a deal I'm having i always look to see how long they have been a member and there post count.

Plus, how are reputation points going to stop them asking dumb arsed questions? I feel that this idea may end up upsetting a lot of people.

dkchance74
01-10-2011, 11:44 AM
can i replace my axial ax10 trans with a scx10 trans without any modifications? any help would be great. thanks:nice:

Lee
01-10-2011, 11:45 AM
yeah, i can see the potetntial for favouritism. One way it could work is if the mods regulated who got points when, and had to give a yes or no before the point went accross.

2k2cse
01-10-2011, 11:47 AM
Some forums have a thing where new members have their posts screened by mods before it's shown on the forum, until they've either been there for a week or so, or have so many posts. I know the mods here are always busy, but this might be a good idea to help alleviate the stress on the current members..

Lee
01-10-2011, 11:50 AM
can i replace my axial ax10 trans with a scx10 trans without any modifications? any help would be great. thanks:nice:

no. theres an un-explainable glich meaning this is impossible.
only way round it is to donate your a7x tickets to a fellow a7x fan with no tickets.
i thought the ax and scx transmissions were the same?

Ian
01-10-2011, 11:55 AM
yeah, i can see the potetntial for favouritism. One way it could work is if the mods regulated who got points when, and had to give a yes or no before the point went accross.

But that's a lot of work on there part. They do quite a lot of work here as is, I'm not sure they would like the idea of more.

We have post counts, we have feedback threads and feedback points/count, they have made it harder for people to spam and get into BST how many more things do we need?

If it ain't broke don't fix it! The forum is great as is, you little whipper snappers always want to change things, sit down, shut up or go to bed!! :lol:

The Stray Cat
01-10-2011, 12:03 PM
To add to what Ian is saying, I think another set of counts to keep track will just clutter things and make it more confusing anyway. What if someone has a high "COOL" points rating but then has a negative BST rating. It can prove to be catastrophic!

LondonF350
01-10-2011, 12:05 PM
The mods have enough to do.

It's fine as it is. :nice:

There will always be n00bs. You were a n00b once too! :wave:

Bullitt
01-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Hey all, I hope all is well with you. While I was eating lunch on Saturday, the postman brought me some goodies from RPP. I received a Unimog body kit, 3 racing winch (first one for me), Mud pluggers, Hummer wheels, a king kong hook, and a set of Warn stickers. It was just like Christmas!
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Unimog%20416/6da6f6f6.jpg

I also got creative later that afternoon and decided it was time to do away with "Anna". I needed workspace that would allow me to do things, but not let things get cluttered up. I started on it Late Sat afternoon and finished it about 9 pm that evening.

Here is "Anna" after she was cleaned off and the shower board removed.
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/stuff/ed9eb33e.jpg

Here is my new workspace while under construction. I have not named it yet.
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/stuff/8b8b5a76.jpg

Finished
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/stuff/122f689c.jpg

Harry

The Stray Cat
01-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Looks like a Betty Lou to me Harry!

Nice work space bud!

Ian
01-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Hey all, I hope all is well with you. While I was eating lunch on Saturday, the postman brought me some goodies from RPP. I received a Unimog body kit, 3 racing winch (first one for me), Mud pluggers, Hummer wheels, a king kong hook, and a set of Warn stickers. It was just like Christmas!
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/Unimog%20416/6da6f6f6.jpg

I also got creative later that afternoon and decided it was time to do away with "Anna". I needed workspace that would allow me to do things, but not let things get cluttered up. I started on it Late Sat afternoon and finished it about 9 pm that evening.

Here is "Anna" after she was cleaned off and the shower board removed.
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/stuff/ed9eb33e.jpg

Here is my new workspace while under construction. I have not named it yet.
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/stuff/8b8b5a76.jpg

Finished
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k164/harrybullitt/stuff/122f689c.jpg

Harry

Things are good this end Harry! After talking to a member i finally got inspired to start and work on rigs again, so have been in the shed nearly every night for around a week now. I'm loving it too, i always knew i missed it but never knew it was this much. I used to mope from TV to PC to PlayStation to doing odds and sods, but now i realised it was building i missed and all the ideas for builds cluttering up my brain.

Nice collection of parts there! what's the idea? any 1:1 idea pics, or would you like some:)

Nice bench too, and since it has some machinery on top and it's sat under a beer sign, i vote for "Anna" to have a sex change and to start and be called 'Bob' as reference to the newly built bench ( Bob the builder )

Oggy
01-10-2011, 01:04 PM
looks great Harry

The Stray Cat
01-10-2011, 01:11 PM
@Ian, over on this side of the pond, it is common for us to name our belongings. However, most men name their belongings after women, like the car Nic Cage had named eleanor.

Another was Christine, from the stephen king book and adapted movie.

Bullitt
01-10-2011, 01:30 PM
The work bench was named Anna after Anna Nichole Smith. She was the only girl that I though could be large and somewhat pretty at the same time. Kinda disturbing, but that is what I came up with.

This is what I am going for Ian- Unimog 416 It is a long wheelbase version of the 406 that came from Tamiya.
http://images03.mundoanuncio.com/ui/2/57/27/l-1180275027-02.jpg

Glad you took up building again Ian. It really helps me relax in the evenings and allows me to unwind before I get wound up again. I am looking forward to cutting the cab off and finding a way to mount it to the chassis tonight.

Harry

Lee
01-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Can't wait to see this come together harry. Really like mogs, infact id like one to match my defender 90.

Bullitt
01-10-2011, 02:17 PM
It won't be anything too over the top. Just something to play with and do some styrene work again.

Harry

Ragnarok
01-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Nice workbench, Harry. Having a well organized area helps a lot in one's demeanor when working. (Not sure what that has to do anything, just thought I'd say it… :blink: )

To those kvetching about n00bs - try to be a little more charitable and please keep it in the "Board Info, Suggestions and Questions" forum. Otherwise I'll have to start pruning the thread. :nice:

LondonF350
01-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Nice workbench Harry... well it sure beats the heck out of my kitchen table as a work space!! :chug:

THE_JOKER
01-10-2011, 02:49 PM
After talking to a member i finally got inspired to start and work on rigs again, so have been in the shed nearly every night for around a week now. I'm loving it too, i always knew i missed it but never knew it was this much. I used to mope from TV to PC to PlayStation to doing odds and sods, but now i realised it was building i missed and all the ideas for builds cluttering up my brain.

What idiot have you been talking to now?

@Ian, over on this side of the pond, it is common for us to name our belongings. However, most men name their belongings after women, like the car Nic Cage had named eleanor.

Another was Christine, from the stephen king book and adapted movie.

My Jetta is called Christine, :beer&buddy:

@Harry....Lookin forward to it bud!, i love the mogs :drool:

The Stray Cat
01-10-2011, 03:06 PM
All of my cars, since I've been out of the Army have been named after my Hummer I drove in the Army- Bertha Boogie!, I'm on Bertha Boogie 6 now, and my Dodge Durango is just called Big Blue!

talon
01-10-2011, 03:22 PM
my truck is the only vehicle ive owned that i ever named. i did have a 78 plymouth volare in high school that my friends named "casper" because it was white.

as for work benches. ive got a real nice sized one. sadly it has so much craap piled on it from twelve different projects that it isnt useable. :(

The Stray Cat
01-10-2011, 03:24 PM
I had a brown 2 door Volare, great little car! My was S*@t brown with with puke tan interior, but she ran great!

talon
01-10-2011, 03:29 PM
i couldnt kill the engine, but i would blow rear ends out of it on a regular basis. it was a transitional car while my GTO was being rebuilt so i ''forgot'' that it wasnt made to do the things i was trying to do with it. but yeah, it was a great running car.

Bullitt
01-10-2011, 03:33 PM
I had an '87 Chevy 3/4 ton and it was named "Beto" and my '96 Cherokee was called "The Golden Goat". My jetta is currently called "My POS" and when it gets traded in for a Jetta Wagon TDi, it will be called "Dead Sexy". :lol:

Harry

oldskoolmini
01-10-2011, 04:10 PM
the 67 chevy c-50 i wrecked was called "the old goat". the orange 79 hilux i had was called gumpter. and now my econoline is called oliver.

2k2cse
01-10-2011, 05:11 PM
My ranger that i wrecked was called Mandy, and i'm gettin a new car in a couple days that i'm gonna call Angie :)

twisted77
01-10-2011, 05:23 PM
I had a 85 Chevy One Ton. With 21 inches of lift and 44 Gumbo's. It was named Big Time.

talon
01-10-2011, 05:30 PM
My ranger that i wrecked was called Mandy, and i'm gettin a new car in a couple days that i'm gonna call Angie :)

my latest ride is named Angie too, she's a 1974 blonde. :D

2k2cse
01-10-2011, 05:46 PM

:worthless:
:D
I'll be expecting a pm with the pics ;) :lol:

Ragnarok
01-10-2011, 09:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMIfScB9aY0
What the crap? Honestly. Light saber effects are pretty cool, but why the big death match in a granite countertop stockyard, and what was Lara Croft doing there, and what did Donny Most riding the big purple radioactive termite have to do with the missing treasure maps to Grampa Willie's brass spittoon? None of it made any sense. :nono:

Ragnarok
01-10-2011, 09:29 PM
@ 2froo4u, a documentary on your grandfather has been found…

http://collider.com/true-grit-with-subtitles/69330/

twisted77
01-10-2011, 10:05 PM

Ride here like you stole here!

:worthless:
:D
I'll be expecting a pm with the pics ;) :lol:

X2 send them to me aswell. LOL

So hows all my homies tonight? WOOT WOOT Word! :excited::crazy:

talon
01-10-2011, 11:11 PM
lol there's some great pics, not sure im gonna share them though. call me greedy. will trade for parts though.....;)

twisted77
01-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Uhem,

you choad! See if you get anymore delrin! LOL

Or deals on 1:1 parts. :shoot:

LOL JK.

You comeing down this week, or waiting till I get back?

talon
01-10-2011, 11:23 PM
oh i have to wait a bit. have some cleanup to do from the snow we got tthis weekend. have some big branches coming down over the house have to take care of.

twisted77
01-10-2011, 11:29 PM
OK well class is over on the 24 of Feb if you wanna wait till I get back. And I am takeing my scalers to work on. So you can bring yours down. I got with JCnalley and he is down for some trailing to.

Oggy
01-11-2011, 03:00 PM
WOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO, i'm back into my groove, and have restarted work on my tundra :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

The Stray Cat
01-11-2011, 03:00 PM
WOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO, i'm back into my groove, and have restarted work on my tundra :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Good to hear Oggy, I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things this week myself. I've put it off for far to long now.:chug:

Oggy
01-11-2011, 03:03 PM
it easy to keep putting it off, once you take that 1st step working on your project again something just clicks inside of you, and you just keep going :banana: :banana:

The Stray Cat
01-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Good I can't wait!

Oggy
01-11-2011, 03:08 PM
what project you got going on mate?

talon
01-11-2011, 03:10 PM
i need to find motivation myself. i have projects scattered all about the house, on the kitchen counter, on my workbench, in the living room, yet i have no ''oomph'' to do anything with any of them. been in such a builders rut lately its sad.

Oggy
01-11-2011, 03:13 PM
it's taken me 2 months to get out of my rut.

i think it was all the build up to xmas and my wifes op that did it for me, i just had no energy left to give

The Stray Cat
01-11-2011, 03:16 PM
I got a SCX10 based project that I started roughly three to four months ago, maybe longer. I can't say anym,ore yet, but hopefully I 'll have a build thread up by this weekend. It will include a body that Noob helped with me, so it will be really nice!

My builder's rut has been dragging on for like 6 months. dang!

bajaboy5b
01-11-2011, 03:18 PM
have a red bull every time i get builders rut i have to do something.

The Stray Cat
01-11-2011, 03:23 PM
have a red bull every time i get builders rut i have to do something.

That's sounds like a good idea, but I hate redbull, and every other energy drink. It really comes down to drive not really energy.:chug:

Lee
01-11-2011, 03:31 PM
i have ideas for my build all the time. usually, when i have the money, i have exams also and need to revise for them, hence my build gets pushed back. hoping to get started working on version 3 of my landy, hopefully the final and most succesful version in terms of looks/performance.

talon
01-11-2011, 03:59 PM
oh i have tons of ideas, i have notebooks full of sketches of plans and proposed projects, just cant find motivation to sit down and work on a build i have started. i start something new all the time, and just dont finish anything.

i need to learn to just work on one or two at a time and finish them before starting something new!!!

FunkyHunk
01-11-2011, 04:21 PM
LOL:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/MOFN.jpg

And:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/Luisa_I_am_hungary.jpg

pardonmyn00b
01-11-2011, 05:05 PM
I could go for a bocan darble chaise barga right about now

FunkyHunk
01-11-2011, 05:09 PM
OMG I'm hungary, i'm going to czech the fridge brb
gonna katczh a moovee l8tr:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/Twiright.jpg

pardonmyn00b
01-11-2011, 05:18 PM
[email protected]#$#@!

bajaboy5b
01-11-2011, 06:11 PM
on a random topic of my life i think i have a GF :bacondance:

sk8te-penguin
01-11-2011, 06:48 PM
http://malcolm816.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/fuds/burked-potabo.jpg

Ragnarok
01-11-2011, 07:37 PM
http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/general/misc-darthtaterbig.jpg

I find your lack of image-hugeness-control disturbing.

2k2cse
01-11-2011, 07:43 PM
http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/general/misc-darthtaterbig.jpg

I find your lack of image-hugeness-control disturbing.

http://thejailbreak.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/mr_t_potato_head.jpg

I pity the foo' with a small monitor.

Ragnarok
01-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Great, now I have to get one of those, too. :mad:

2k2cse
01-11-2011, 08:38 PM
A small monitor, or the Mr. P?

pardonmyn00b
01-11-2011, 08:43 PM
on a random topic of my life i think i have a GF :bacondance:

That sucks

Ragnarok
01-11-2011, 09:21 PM
A small monitor, or the Mr. P?

Mr. P. My monitor is TEH HYOOJ - Samsung T260HD 25.5" 1920 x 1200. It's just a little unsettling seeing a potato covered in butter that's the size of my pillow and throwing the center-format of the thread out of whack. :blink:

2k2cse
01-11-2011, 09:37 PM
thats the answer i was hoping. :lol: that sounds like a really nice monitor.. I'd hate to look at that pic on my mom's far outdated 17" 800x600 monitor :huh:

Ragnarok
01-11-2011, 09:44 PM
It's pretty nice and I'm very grateful to have it, but there are times where it's either too big or not big enough. For watching movies from my bed it's too small. It should be 47" or bigger. For trying to work with my music stuff it's too big. It should be no more than 23.6". I'll be replacing it when I segregate my video game/movie watchin' rig from my music composin' rig. The HTPC/PS3/PS2 setup will get at least a 40" 120 or 240Hz LED-BL LCD hanging from the wall (probably another Samsung) and my music rig will get a 23.1 to 23.6" 120Hz LED-BL LCD (Asus most likely). At least that's my hope. Then the folks will get my current Samsung for the living room. :nice:

2k2cse
01-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Sounds like you're gonna have a real nice setup when you get it straightened away. I'm jealous. :lol: I play my ps3 on a microscopic 13" tube in my bedroom :banghead:

My grandparents bought a 42" (i think) samsung and a hd cable box a week before christmas. Its real nice, they got a wii set up on it. Wii sports bowling ftw :rolling:

Ragnarok
01-11-2011, 10:28 PM
I play my ps3 on a microscopic 13" tube in my bedroom :banghead:

Ouch. :blink: I used to play all my VG stuff on a 13" (Atari 2600 up to PS1), but I imagine it must be frustrating with something as high-res as a PS3. Half the reason I bought the display I did was my PS3. It was a bit over $600 after shipping. Screens as good or gooder cost a lot less nowadays, even in Canuckistani Bucks.

Subject suplex!

I may be building a second Hackintosh…for my dad. :blink: A long story, but I've been spending most of the evening researching motherboard/CPU combos that are inexpensive and trouble-free. I was hoping for an AMD-based rig, but it's a lot more work than anything Intel-based. :thinking: It's looking like if I want cheap and high compatibility I'm going to have to go with an old school LGA775 Core 2 Duo config. :huh:

2k2cse
01-11-2011, 10:51 PM
Ouch. :blink: I used to play all my VG stuff on a 13" (Atari 2600 up to PS1), but I imagine it must be frustrating with something as high-res as a PS3. Half the reason I bought the display I did was my PS3. It was a bit over $600 after shipping. Screens as good or gooder cost a lot less nowadays, even in Canuckistani Bucks.

It sucks. Especially when playing gt5. Im glad you can zoom in by pressin R1 :lol: My girlfriend even makes fun of me because she has a bigger tv than I do <_< I wouldn't even mind a 20somethin inch lcd, seems i dont have the room, or the money for anything big. Oh well, I don't play with the ps3 that much anymore anyways. Too busy "studying" and "homework" Damn university. :lol:

Ragnarok
01-11-2011, 11:02 PM
If you're playing up close, a 21.5" 1080p computer monitor with HDMI input would be perfect. One I know of is the Asus VH222H-P LCD w/ HDMI and internal speakers for $145: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236067

If you want one that's identical but with an LED backlight there's the Asus VE228H for $15 more. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236100

I don't know what these go for in Canada, but Stateside they're danged economical.

Ragnarok
01-11-2011, 11:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxRqoJZaee8 :lol: The poor guy's just guitarded.

2k2cse
01-12-2011, 12:55 AM
If you're playing up close, a 21.5" 1080p computer monitor with HDMI input would be perfect. One I know of is the Asus VH222H-P LCD w/ HDMI and internal speakers for $145: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236067

If you want one that's identical but with an LED backlight there's the Asus VE228H for $15 more. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236100

I don't know what these go for in Canada, but Stateside they're danged economical.

hmmmm.. they look pretty good, but i still want something that i would be able to watch cable tv on. The major problem i have is space. I barely have enough room in my bedroom for the tv i have. Its sitting on a 4 foot wide dresser next to a stereo that's actually bigger than the tv itself <_<

Built in speakers isn't really somethin that really bothers me as i have my stereo that i usually have the ps3 plugged into for better sound.

Ian
01-12-2011, 01:31 AM
Morning guys, how's everyone doing this dark morning?

We got our kids a new 22" LCD HD flat-screen for Xmas, it has free-view built in and a DVD player in the side. I tried to pinch it but the missus stopped me. It would have made a fantastic addition to the shed :(

FunkyHunk
01-12-2011, 01:39 AM
Hey Ragnar; one thing i've been wondering about lately with your talk about Hackintosh:
In the earlier days of MAC vs PC mac's advantage was that they used a RISC-cpu that needed less instructions to do the same job as the PC's CISC-cpu's.
This enabled MACs to work more efficient when processing images and video among other things.
When MAC crossed over to using CISC-cpu's didn't that close the gap on processing power between MAC and PC's in video and image processing?
I mean, don't the same processors do the same job regardless of OS?

I would think the choice between mac vs pc is now based on preference in os, not in cpu abilities.
Or am I wrong?

Ian: Just nick the tv when the missus ain't looking :nice:

Spoon37
01-12-2011, 04:27 AM
I may be building a second Hackintosh…for my dad. :blink: A long story, but I've been spending most of the evening researching motherboard/CPU combos that are inexpensive and trouble-free. I was hoping for an AMD-based rig, but it's a lot more work than anything Intel-based. :thinking: It's looking like if I want cheap and high compatibility I'm going to have to go with an old school LGA775 Core 2 Duo config. :huh:

Ironically at the mo I am looking to upgrade from a similar combo on my PC - my Abit AW9D-Max(socket 775) + Intel core 2 duo 3.40ghz arent quite keeping up with modern games... I know the obvious things is "herp derp get a better gfx card!" but I did already...its everything else that's lagging behind(especially since I discovered half the online games I play spend most of their time running anti hacking/malware checks every few clock cycles which really clogs up what processor power I have). :lolbeat:

Still I specced up everything I could possibly want in a new gaming PC yesterday - came out around £2,700... :eek: back to the drawing board I think... :lol:

I could upgrade my existing system(and may still do so) but the real problem is to get a new CPU(at least one significantly better), its gotta be socket 1366, or 1155...which means a new motherboard, which likely also means new RAM too...

In other news, I just went out taking pictures this morning....only to get rained on - am now at home with me feet up and a cuppa :tea: ^_^

LondonF350
01-12-2011, 06:55 AM
PC gaming is sooooo expensive.. I don't know why you don't just get a ps3 and be done with it! I'd rather have the spare £2,400 in my pocket than the ultimate gaming rig. :huh:

I dunno, but I am glad that the PC gaming bug never bit me!! :p

Ragnarok
01-12-2011, 09:53 AM
hmmmm.. they look pretty good, but i still want something that i would be able to watch cable tv on. The major problem i have is space. I barely have enough room in my bedroom for the tv i have. Its sitting on a 4 foot wide dresser next to a stereo that's actually bigger than the tv itself <_<

Built in speakers isn't really somethin that really bothers me as i have my stereo that i usually have the ps3 plugged into for better sound.
I was only suggesting those PC monitors with built-in speakers because they're high-res for low money and splitting audio from HDMI requires buying a bunch of crap and a lot of work. The internal speakers would do that and you have an audio out on them that you can route to your stereo. It's how I've done it. You can definitely get LCDs with component and composite inputs as well. They tend to be larger, too. :nice:

Hey Ragnar; one thing i've been wondering about lately with your talk about Hackintosh:
In the earlier days of MAC vs PC mac's advantage was that they used a RISC-cpu that needed less instructions to do the same job as the PC's CISC-cpu's.
This enabled MACs to work more efficient when processing images and video among other things.
When MAC crossed over to using CISC-cpu's didn't that close the gap on processing power between MAC and PC's in video and image processing?
I mean, don't the same processors do the same job regardless of OS?

I would think the choice between mac vs pc is now based on preference in os, not in cpu abilities.
Or am I wrong?
For the most part, you're right. A lot of it has to do with how the OSes utilize the same horsepower and instruction sets. It's really hard to quantify any similarities or differences when applications that are available to both OSes (ie. the Adobe CS series, MS Office, et al.) act differently on each OS and there are almost no benchmark programs that are the same. The only one I can think of is Geekbench. So I guess the best I can say is, "probably." :lol: I'd argue that the Mac OS uses its CPU power more efficiently, but that's simply the way it feels - I have no empirical evidence to really support it.

Ironically at the mo I am looking to upgrade from a similar combo on my PC - my Abit AW9D-Max(socket 775) + Intel core 2 duo 3.40ghz arent quite keeping up with modern games... I know the obvious things is "herp derp get a better gfx card!" but I did already...its everything else that's lagging behind(especially since I discovered half the online games I play spend most of their time running anti hacking/malware checks every few clock cycles which really clogs up what processor power I have). :lolbeat:

Still I specced up everything I could possibly want in a new gaming PC yesterday - came out around £2,700... :eek: back to the drawing board I think... :lol:

I could upgrade my existing system(and may still do so) but the real problem is to get a new CPU(at least one significantly better), its gotta be socket 1366, or 1155...which means a new motherboard, which likely also means new RAM too...
Yeah, all of the "modern" motherboards are using DDR3 memory. If it were me and you had to buy now, I'd go with the new LGA1155/Sandy Bridge series of Core i7s. (Those thing overclock like a mutha! I've seen reports of 5GHz on air and Geekbench results over 21K! My Core i7 920 benches about 9K. :blink:) Otherwise I'd wait until the LGA1366 CPUs get replaced with the new LGA2011 monster CPUs which should be available later this year. I had wanted to grab a 6-core for my current 1366 Mac, but I have it OCed to 3.33GHz right now and it works well enough. I can't justify spending $1,000 for a CPU that I won't max out in the coming year. When I start the next chapter of my DAW rig (November?) I'm going LGA2011. Six-core and eight-cores and quad-channel memory will be the norm for them. I want it to be a lot more compact than what I have now, so I hope someone will make a µATX LGA2011 'board.

For graphics, if you go Nvidia, skip the 400-series altogether unless you're going for lower end. The 570 and 580 are infinitely a better buy than the high-end 400-series. I think this go-around, though, that maybe AMD has the price/power ratio win over Nvidia. The latest 6000-series Radeons aren't as robust as the Nvidia 580GTX, but they cost a lot less.
PC gaming is sooooo expensive.. I don't know why you don't just get a ps3 and be done with it! I'd rather have the spare £2,400 in my pocket than the ultimate gaming rig. :huh:

I dunno, but I am glad that the PC gaming bug never bit me!! :p
I bought a gaming card for my Hackintosh because it was burly and it was nicely compatible with Mac OS. It's a BFG Nvidia 280GTX 1GB. It cost me only $15 less than my PS3 did. :blink: I definitely don't game with it.

2k2cse
01-12-2011, 11:08 AM
I was only suggesting those PC monitors with built-in speakers because they're high-res for low money and splitting audio from HDMI requires buying a bunch of crap and a lot of work. The internal speakers would do that and you have an audio out on them that you can route to your stereo. It's how I've done it. You can definitely get LCDs with component and composite inputs as well. They tend to be larger, too. :nice:

I like the idea, but its just unpractical with the space i have :( I think i'll look for a fairly cheap lcd tv later on when I get some money for it :lol:

What's your opinion on this one?
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/dynex-dynex-18-5-lcd-hdtv-dx-19l150a11-dx-19l150a11/10138662.aspx?path=3675fb6160455c1c4c439df3285e002 9en02

EDIT
Or this
http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10337310&whse=BCCA&Ne=5000002+4000000&eCat=BCCA|79&N=4008766 4294966599&Mo=3&No=3&Nr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-CA&Sp=C&topnav=

Ragnarok
01-12-2011, 11:21 AM
I'm not familiar with the brand. I've definitely seen the name, just don't know much about them. Spec-wise, it looks pretty good. It has all of the connections you'd want, and with it being 18.5" that 720p resolution won't be a compromise - it will look really nice. 720p only starts looking odd at sizes in the mid-20s and bigger.

Price-wise, that's pretty nominal. It's pretty close to what they're selling for here in the US ($160-ish). The CD and USD are almost at parity these days.

Bullitt
01-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Morning all. I woke up this morning finding a new text message on my iphone. I click to read it and saw that the message...came from my old harrybullitt yahoo address and evidently I was pushing pills. When I got to work, I had an email from a guy I used to work with asking huh? I looked at his message and it was different pill, but to other people as well. This one was sent by the same email address. I went ahead and created a new gmail account and much more secure password and changed up my setting on paypal, here, and facebook. What a way to start the morning!

Harry

Ragnarok
01-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Ouch. I have a brother-in-law that has had the same thing happen to him on several different email accounts and he doesn't seem too worried about trying to fix it or doesn't know how. (I'd guess a bit of both.) So 100% of his messages, including the legit ones, are filtered right into my Spam/Junk folder w/ Gmail. Oh well. :lol:

Spoon, here's an Area-51 Roswell-quality photo of an LGA 2011 motherboard from MSI that was revealed a couple of days ago…

You can see the DIMM slots are on either side of the CPU, which is kinda strange. It might make for some aggravating HSF issues. If AMD's 6- and 8-core Bulldozers are the real beast processors they're saying they'll be (http://www.nordichardware.com/news/69-cpu--chipset/42083-amd-bulldozer-performing-on-par-with-hexa-core-core-i7-processors.html) I'm not afraid to say that I'd consider that platform over the LGA 2011 providing:
Mac OS can be installed on it.
Its power/cost ratio is better than Intel's new CPU.

2k2cse
01-12-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm not familiar with the brand. I've definitely seen the name, just don't know much about them. Spec-wise, it looks pretty good. It has all of the connections you'd want, and with it being 18.5" that 720p resolution won't be a compromise - it will look really nice. 720p only starts looking odd at sizes in the mid-20s and bigger.

Price-wise, that's pretty nominal. It's pretty close to what they're selling for here in the US ($160-ish). The CD and USD are almost at parity these days.

Thats what i wanted to hear :lol: I might just have to look a little further into this after I get my car taken care of, and get some money for it :)

Ragnarok
01-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Oops, I didn't see your edit there. :lol: I just now looked at the Sanyo. It looks comparable to the Dynex. If it's possible, try to go where you can look at them yourself to see if the image quality, brightness, etc. is up to what you need and go from there.

2k2cse
01-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Go to a store to watch tv? That don't work too well for me, I always get stuck drooling over the 40"+ led's and 3d tvs :lol: I'll take a look when I get some free time, so I know how much money i'm gonna have to save up <_<

Ragnarok
01-12-2011, 04:30 PM
NOW WE'RE TALKIN'! http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-flex.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLWn7__3uqc

Akai SynthStation 49. Don't ask me why I'm excited about this. It's just cool. It's like their SynthStation 25 except it uses an iPad instead of an iPhone/iPod Touch, has 49 full-sized keys instead of 25 3/4-scale keys, and…like that. Although, you can't fit this into a small backpack like you can the SynthStation 25.

I love this time of year. NAMM, NAIAS, CES… :D

(They spelled "Napoleon" wrong. :nono:)

Ragnarok
01-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Just got the results on my bloodwork from Monday over the phone from my doctor's nurse. It was to check my kidney and liver functions, cholesterol and white/red blood cell count. Only things that are unusual is my triglycerides are high (a likely combo of my weight and prednisone intake - my guess) and white blood cell count is high (likely from psoriatic and/or arthritic inflammation - their guess).

Now I gotta talk to the doctor about my heart, which'll be tomorrow morning. I'm not thinking it's a blocked or constricted artery in my neck anymore - most people that have that never feel anything until they're nailed with a stroke - but my heart itself is definitely not working as it should. The neck pain + monster head aches is coming from my heart itself: I'm sure of it. It's likely my obesity catching up with me or it's my methotrexate going to war with my ticker. Either way, I'm looking at a battery of multi-thousand dollar tests and some expensive heart meds. :banghead:

2k2cse
01-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Wow, that sucks Rag :( I hope this isn't serious, or expensive. I hope the doctor's visit goes well, and don't let anything they say bring you down. Keep your chin up :chug:

The Stray Cat
01-12-2011, 08:57 PM
I hope its just a really bad case of gas Rag! No matter what we're here for ya bud. Best of luck with that. I'll shoot a little prayer up for you.

Ragnarok
01-12-2011, 09:42 PM
:thinking: I've been called a fart head before, but I'm sure that was intended as a metaphor. :p Naw, atrial fibrillation and pains that start in the region of the carotid artery leading to blinding, migraine-like headaches definitely ain't gas. I appreciate any Providential advocacy in my behalf. :chug:

The Stray Cat
01-13-2011, 07:10 AM
Hey Rag, I do hope it all works out for you, gas or not, just keep a positive attitude, it's been scientifically proven that positive thinking can be a better cure than any medicine or treatment.

The Stray Cat
01-13-2011, 07:13 AM
Joker, I just saw your yota in the build of the contest, Sweet rig brother, I never saw the finished product.

Ragnarok
01-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Quick update. Saw my doctor. He's convinced that the heart issues are separate from the methotrexate (I'm going to trust him on this) so what we're going to do is try something that regulates my heart rate and blood pressure. He thinks the head and neck pain are pressure related. I have four months of the stuff on-hand now and we'll see how I do. He also wants to try to get me off the prednisone. I know that long-term it's dangerous.

The Stray Cat
01-13-2011, 02:25 PM
I hope he gets you off that crap, it's not ggod tobe taking for long periods, and you're a young anyway.

THE_JOKER
01-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Joker, I just saw your yota in the build of the contest, Sweet rig brother, I never saw the finished product.

Thanks fella! :chug: btw it aint finished really.....although its the most "finished" one i had so figured i would throw my hat in there with it lol, just needs the links painted an its done....oh an the little CB Ariel that goes on the wing (fender?) putting back on.

@RAG-----Daaaaayuuum!!! i have no idea how to work that bit of electronic art you posted but i still want one!!! :drool:

Ragnarok
01-13-2011, 03:15 PM
What'd I post? :confused:

Wait, yeah, the Akai SynthStation 49. That's still pending Apple's OK. The whole Marxist approval process Apple has instigated is freaking corrupt. If it's like the 25-key/iPhone version (which I'd like to own, too) it won't actually see production until November of this year

I still want one.

Bad. :lol:

THE_JOKER
01-13-2011, 03:16 PM
The "AKAI" keyboard thingamajig.

Ragnarok
01-13-2011, 03:22 PM
Sorry, I had to think about that for a few moments. :lol: I edited my post once it came to me.

A lot of musicians are saying it makes more sense than anything iPhone/iPod Touch-based because it's got a more functional work surface (9.5" LCD vs. 4" or so) and you can see stuff better. As the iPad gets revised and becomes more powerful, more stuff like this is going to come about, and I say "HELLZ YEAH!"

The Stray Cat
01-13-2011, 03:25 PM
No problem Joker, I just remembered seeing that rig somewhere in the middle stages of completion, so it was nice to see it close to done anyway.

THE_JOKER
01-13-2011, 03:26 PM
I love the look of it, I've become a small fan now of anything touch screen tbh :lol: I wouldn't have a clue how to use it mind.

EDIT: @ Rock-----Yeah i think i showed you a pic of the body after paint? anyways thanks again, an btw you will have to update me on the thing you were upto :nice:

Night night fellas :chug:

Ragnarok
01-13-2011, 03:29 PM
That's never stopped people from trying. :nice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y_bS8pJvEo
^ :banghead:

LondonF350
01-13-2011, 04:45 PM
@ Rag, that really is gadget porn there!! Do want. Even though I probably wouldn't use 10% of what it can do..... that's never stopped me buying gadgets before.... in fact it's almost a prerequisite!! :lol:

Re: the health stuff..... I hope that new regime works out well for you. I must be good to get off long term meds if at all possible. Best of luck with it all anyway. :chug:

Ragnarok
01-13-2011, 05:19 PM
With Winter NAMM going on, all sorts of new music gear is being unveiled. The stuff I'm excited about…

Korg has a new high-end workstation called the Kronos that uses 9 different synthesis engines and runs a multi-gigabyte SSD instead of a limited, proprietary ROM or PRAM block. From a lot of different angles, this thing is a total game-changer for professional keyboard workstations. (I'm hoping for a rack module sans the sequencer and sampler.)
M-Audio released their first synthesizer, the Venom, which amounts to a small, inexpensive 12-voice analog modeling synthesizer with a few new tricks no one has incorporated the same way before.
Akai had their iPad doo-hickey that I posted earlier.
Digitech, a mostly guitar-centric FX company from Utah, is showing off their first guitar and bass amps (both in combo AND head + cab configurations).

There's a whole bunch of stuff that looks pretty cool this year, but those were the most prominent things that came to mind. Better than last year's NAMM for sure. Roland was the huge disappointment this year. The best they could come up with was a new digital accordion and a karaoke back-up sound module. <_< Pathetic would be too kind.

Regarding the medications/health/whatever, that's my hope too. The methotrexate is possibly a life-long thing unless something better comes along (or I find a woman I kinda like and who doesn't mind me, we get married, and decide to start a family - methotrexate damages my "seed"). Knowing what the prednisone will eventually do to me is actually pretty scary, so being able to function without it and/or finding an alternative is ultimately a good thing. As long as everything goes as hoped for I won't have to see my doctor until July. If not, much sooner. :lol:

Lee
01-14-2011, 01:07 AM
even though i have no idea how to use it, i thik ill get that digital bass ap later- £2.99 isnt bad

Oggy
01-14-2011, 04:59 AM
wow, this woman could really make her SG sing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeaBNAXfHfQ

The Stray Cat
01-14-2011, 09:03 AM
I love the look of it, I've become a small fan now of anything touch screen tbh :lol: I wouldn't have a clue how to use it mind.

EDIT: @ Rock-----Yeah i think i showed you a pic of the body after paint? anyways thanks again, an btw you will have to update me on the thing you were upto :nice:

Night night fellas :chug:

I should be posting some pics this weekend (hopefully)! I have the chassis mainly assmebled and the Body needs to be put together, the pieces. Then I need to find or build a rack for the back and over the cab.

Ragnarok
01-14-2011, 10:04 AM

Oggy
01-14-2011, 10:09 AM
i think i'm gona have to see the doc about my leg.

it feels cold all the time, it's blotchy, and my foot is numb:huh:

it's been getting worse for about a week

i think it's linked to my diabetes:(:(

The Stray Cat
01-14-2011, 10:52 AM
I would recon it probably is Oggy. My Gram had diabetes and had the same thing happen. Good news is she never lost her leg from it since she got it taken care of. Don't remember what they did though.

FunkyHunk
01-14-2011, 12:58 PM
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/KMart.jpg

Ragnarok
01-14-2011, 01:10 PM
i think i'm gona have to see the doc about my leg.

it feels cold all the time, it's blotchy, and my foot is numb:huh:

it's been getting worse for about a week

i think it's linked to my diabetes:(:(

I would recon it probably is Oggy. My Gram had diabetes and had the same thing happen. Good news is she never lost her leg from it since she got it taken care of. Don't remember what they did though.

I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV. I would say definitely that it's "diabeetuss". My dad had the exact symptoms in his legs. It's caused from the bad circulation that stems from diabetes. First they put him on Avandia, and since that's been off the market for dangerous side affects he's been using Byetta for the last several years. The Byetta is far more effective. The "feet in cold water" sensations have been diminished greatly. The dark spots on his shins haven't gone away but the ulcers have.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/KMart.jpg
LULZ, my dear Watson.

FunkyHunk
01-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Haha:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/This_is_martha.jpg

I must be tired, I suddenly found so many FUN pics just lying around the interwebZ :crazy:

THE_JOKER
01-14-2011, 01:52 PM
I should be posting some pics this weekend (hopefully)! I have the chassis mainly assmebled and the Body needs to be put together, the pieces. Then I need to find or build a rack for the back and over the cab.

I dont want to hear "hopefully".....i wanna hear....well....READ...."definitely!" lol.

@FUNKY.....Cant beat a bit of Sparta humour :excited:

Ragnarok
01-14-2011, 01:56 PM

THE_JOKER
01-14-2011, 02:05 PM
:joker:

Couldn't resist.....sorry.

Ragnarok
01-14-2011, 02:10 PM
http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/0/207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Ragnarok
01-14-2011, 02:14 PM
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/5574/nomeneither.jpg

THE_JOKER
01-14-2011, 02:18 PM
lol, is it sad i found that funny?

Ragnarok
01-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Okay, one more Joker-themed thingy…

…this is second only to that antelope eating popcorn.

EDIT - I forgot that I had that one… http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/ani/ani-popcorndeer.gif

lol, is it sad i found that funny?

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw it the first time. :lol: I don't know why.

THE_JOKER
01-14-2011, 02:20 PM
Nom nom nom...

The Stray Cat
01-14-2011, 02:28 PM
It's all good Joker, I found that quite funny myself!

THE_JOKER
01-14-2011, 02:37 PM
lol, sometimes its the little things or the simple things that are the funniest, btw, nice sig pic Rock......one of my all time fave movie characters!.

The Stray Cat
01-14-2011, 02:40 PM
lol, sometimes its the little things or the simple things that are the funniest, btw, nice sig pic Rock......one of my all time fave movie characters!.

Yep, definitely one of fav movies, Rank right up there with Start Wars and LOTR. However they have something like 6-7 total movies planned and seeing as number 4 comingoutthis year doesn't have Orlando Bloom or Kiera Knieghtly, I'm sure the franchise will be heading for the just make money off the name don't worry about the story line holywood way.:chug:

THE_JOKER
01-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Aie, i thought all 3 films were great, each one doing better than the last, but i have to say im a little weary of the new one.

The Stray Cat
01-14-2011, 02:55 PM
That is what happens when Disney gets a hold of a cash cow. Like they need anymore money!

FunkyHunk
01-14-2011, 03:27 PM
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/funkyhunk/So_a_guy_waks_into_a_bar.jpg

Ragnarok
01-14-2011, 11:00 PM
75 to 90MPH winds again. Been going since Tuesday. :nono:

Ian
01-15-2011, 06:09 AM
Snap! I was sat in the shed last night and it sounded like one of our tiles had come off the roof of the house and landed on my aluminium shed roof. It made me jump out my skin. <_<

Oggy
01-15-2011, 06:32 AM
75 to 90MPH winds again. Been going since Tuesday. :nono:

how do you ever get anything done in wind like that?

talon
01-15-2011, 07:05 AM

just walk backwards. duh.

THE_JOKER
01-15-2011, 08:53 AM
Wear Lycra......its aerodynamic.

talon
01-15-2011, 08:54 AM
Wear Lycra......its aerodynamic.

and sexy!

THE_JOKER
01-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Depends who its on lol, also, a tip for windy+rainy days....Turn the umbrella inside out before you leave.

Lee
01-15-2011, 10:11 AM
oggy, how far out of loughborough are you? the school i want to go to is 2miles away, i started noting down nottingham signs on the way there and realised youd be close.

Oggy
01-15-2011, 10:28 AM
oggy, how far out of loughborough are you? the school i want to go to is 2miles away, i started noting down nottingham signs on the way there and realised youd be close.

about 30 miles

Ian
01-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Stalker! do do do do, do do do do * in a fright night styley *

Lee
01-15-2011, 03:15 PM
im not that familiar with the east midlands, thats all. the school i went to look at was awesome anyway. id have to serve 3 years as an officer afterwards but its an opurtinity i can't turn down.

Oggy
01-15-2011, 03:37 PM
serve 3 years as an officer

SIR, YES SIR

Lee
01-15-2011, 04:09 PM
have to get in first :p
really want to go there, gf doesnt but.... shes not me!

The Stray Cat
01-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Lee you are definitely to young to let a girl decide your actions. If you do you could end up regretting it your whole life. She won't be your girl forever anyway, trust me on that.

Ragnarok
01-16-2011, 12:12 AM

Ya don't. It's been mercilessly cold today with that wind. The strong gusts have died down to a little breeze, but it still feels like it's going to rip off your face.

Speaking of unpleasantries, I got a call at 9:30-ish tonight on my cellphone while Im trying to watch the last part of Robin Hood (awesome movie, BTW). No caller ID. I decide to go ahead and answer and this punkassed teenager was on the other end saying, "Uh, hello, this is, uh, the Wasilla Police Station calling, uh, about, uh, a stolen iPod. We, uh, need you, to, uh, come down and, uh," to which I sneeringly reply, "You have the wrong number."

"Wait, I'm trying to reach…" and there is where I introduce this short-bus grifter to my hang-up button. Some little twaddle-brained meth-head is either trying a pathetic scam on me or is prank-calling the wrong number. First, little Tommy Douchenugget didn't give me his name the way a Wasilla po-po would, like "Officer Douchenugget." And secondly, every police officer I've ever known and/or talked to didn't inject the verbal crutch of reefer suckers known as "uh" as every second or third word when trying to communicate.

You're not a cop and I won't play your silly game, Herr Douchenugget. :cop:

oldskoolmini
01-16-2011, 12:28 AM
@Rag. douchenugget is now my favorite word.

got to playing around with google sketchup and downloaded a ford econoline and modded it to what i want my van to look like. another version coming soon. more baja-ish.
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/oldskoolmini/oliver21.png
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/oldskoolmini/oliver20.png

Ragnarok
01-16-2011, 12:58 AM
Thanks. I just coined it about an hour ago. :p It's actually a pretty unpleasant word.

I look forward to a bajavan sketch 'em-up. :nice:

bajaboy5b
01-16-2011, 01:16 AM
some one called? :P baja van looks good kinda raty

bajaboy5b
01-16-2011, 01:22 AM
some how posted a 2nd time but like 10 min later :S

Lee
01-16-2011, 03:33 AM
Lee you are definitely to young to let a girl decide your actions. If you do you could end up regretting it your whole life. She won't be your girl forever anyway, trust me on that.

i know that. shes already started to complain that im not going to be seeing her much- she'll need to learn to live with that. if its meant to last it will last whilst im there, we've been going out 3years in july. if i dont go there, i will seriously regret it, its expensive but its top 1% of colleges in the uk with a 100% pass rate at a-level and amazing facilities.

oldskool- that van looks awesome! what engine do you use in that? most vans over here use 2.4 diesels, didnt know if it was more of the same?

THE_JOKER
01-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Valuable member:

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/search.php?searchid=1304683

talon
01-16-2011, 10:09 AM
got to playing around with google sketchup and downloaded a ford econoline and modded it to what i want my van to look like. another version coming soon. more baja-ish.

psssst.....bajaboy....he hasnt posted the baja version yet.

oldskoolmini
01-16-2011, 11:12 AM

the baja version will have 35" tires, long travel suspension, prerunner style front bumper, and some off road lights.

oldskool- that van looks awesome! what engine do you use in that? most vans over here use 2.4 diesels, didnt know if it was more of the same?

thanks Lee! my van has a 5.0 litre v8.

Ragnarok
01-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Valuable member:

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/search.php?searchid=1304683

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

:confused: So none of us are valuable then. :lolbeat:

Ragnarok
01-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Alright, you nerds! Bite on this!

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/star-wars-galaxy-map.jpg

In case remote linking doesn't work, here's a hyperlink --> http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/star-wars-galaxy-map.jpg

talon
01-16-2011, 12:10 PM
the map really makes you realize just how far,far away that galaxy is.

sorry, couldn't resist.

LondonF350
01-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Rag, that really is the ultimate in geekiness!!! :lol:

Ragnarok
01-16-2011, 01:01 PM
I have a desktop made of LULZ.

LondonF350
01-16-2011, 01:33 PM
New series of Top Gear starts next sunday fellas! :excited:

Nice desktop Rag. :nice:

Lee
01-16-2011, 01:38 PM
just the thing to distract my revision:mad:
:excited:

THE_JOKER
01-16-2011, 02:28 PM
:confused: So none of us are valuable then. :lolbeat:

Dunno why it did that, but i was linking to a member named "Chvnva"

Anyways....

Anyone sick to death of seeing these yet?

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/wolfsburg92/Picture027-2.jpg

Lulz.....reminds me, where o where.....where for art thou update Rock? or did you not get a chance?

LondonF350
01-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Dunno why it did that, but i was linking to a member named "Chvnva"

You mean......

:lolbeat:

:postwhore: :postwhore: :postwhore: :postwhore: :postwhore: :postwhore:

THE_JOKER
01-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Aie Leo, exactly lol.

2k2cse
01-16-2011, 03:00 PM
wow, somebody got a little whorish in the last couple days. :cop: :lol:

Did anyone else notice talon got banned again? :blink:

THE_JOKER
01-16-2011, 03:00 PM
I thought it was self made, like when Scaler did it?

2k2cse
01-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Nope. Thats what i thought, but it looks like its another offiial one. The pm option isn't there..

THE_JOKER
01-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Guess it will be permanent now too? anyone know why this time?....well obviously it must be he's said something to someone etc but anyone know the specifics?

2k2cse
01-16-2011, 03:06 PM
I guess it might have somethin to do with mr :nice: maybe. I'm not sure, but that seems like the only reason i can think of right now.. Whatever happened i'm guessing got locked down and moved to the mod forum

THE_JOKER
01-16-2011, 03:21 PM
Hey, "Chvnva" is back an posting the same :nice: chet again, infact in Steve's thread (madmax) an his wedico Scania, where i said to him about posting the stuff everywhere he's only gone an quoted what i said followed by another :nice:...... what a pr1ck.

LondonF350
01-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Maybe a mod will delete all the rubbish!! Rag? Rag? RAG?

JK. LOL!! :rofl:

THE_JOKER
01-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Delete the member more like, filling up the boards with his :nice: cr4p.

EDIT:

He's either this guy:

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_326/12246283482h11MB.jpg

Or this one:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xj4XRMmXWYg/TMs1ID7pMHI/AAAAAAAABAE/-yUHiB3rfto/s1600/two-thumbs-up.jpg

2k2cse
01-16-2011, 03:46 PM
^^ there's a difference between those two? I thought the first guy just got a tan and dyed his hair :lol:

Hey, "Chvnva" is back an posting the same :nice: chet again, infact in Steve's thread (madmax) an his wedico Scania, where i said to him about posting the stuff everywhere he's only gone an quoted what i said followed by another :nice:...... what a pr1ck.

I noticed that. Looking through his old posts, it seems like he has bouts of whorishness. Like turrets or somethin.

:rolling: I whonder if, uh, this guy, uh, got somethin to, uh, do with rag and, uh, his, uh, stolen ipod, uh. :lol:

FunkyHunk
01-16-2011, 05:36 PM
What happened to talon? I tried to search for his last posts, but it seemed like he'd been a good guy the last day or so.
Maybe a mod can explain before we got another free talon charity going on :P

twisted77
01-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Hey guys,

well I made it to Atlanta, Now I am freggin depressed. I miss my little boy, and my wife. Only been here since 3:00 but this sucks. I am hopeing that they are going to be able to come see me next weekend.

Ragnarok
01-16-2011, 06:21 PM

What? What? WHAT? The problem child has been redeployed for a while. :cop:

Delete the member more like, filling up the boards with his :nice: cr4p.

EDIT:
He's either this guy:
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_326/12246283482h11MB.jpg

Or this one:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xj4XRMmXWYg/TMs1ID7pMHI/AAAAAAAABAE/-yUHiB3rfto/s1600/two-thumbs-up.jpg

What happened to talon? I tried to search for his last posts, but it seemed like he'd been a good guy the last day or so.
I didn't know he was gone again. :blink: I do know the latest drama was in a thread titled "Junfac Diff Covers" or something similar. It was that signature unnecessary escalation that gets him in trouble every time. I hadn't heard of any action or how long it is…so I don't have any answers. http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-shrug.gif

:rolling: I whonder if, uh, this guy, uh, got somethin to, uh, do with rag and, uh, his, uh, stolen ipod, uh. :lol:

Speaking of goofyassed unsolicited communiques, I got an email "from" one of our clients. Rather than describe it, here it is…

Okay, a few things:
WTF!
I'm not registered on "SpeedDate" or any other dating site.
I'm not ready to be dating anyone.
If I was, I'd rather not be dating someone twenty years my senior. She's a good client, but personality-wise…I don't think so!
WTF!

All I can figure is that she imported her address book and SpeedDate decided to spam everyone on that list. There's only one lonely hearts club I might register with and it ain't that one. http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-raspberry2.gif

The Stray Cat
01-16-2011, 06:23 PM
Twisted, Once training starts you'll be so busy and tired it won't seem so bad, and the time will fly. I had my wife and daughter in another state for 8 months when she a little girl. Missed them everyday but time went fast. Keep your chin up, remember the rewards in the end!

Ragnarok
01-16-2011, 06:29 PM
+1 for sure. The time apart will make the reunion all the sweeter. :nice:

2k2cse
01-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Speaking of goofyassed unsolicited communiques, I got an email "from" one of our clients. Rather than describe it, here it is…

Okay, a few things:

WTF!
I'm not registered on "SpeedDate" or any other dating site.
I'm not ready to be dating anyone.
If I was, I'd rather not be dating someone twenty years my senior. She's a good client, but personality-wise…I don't think so!
WTF!All I can figure is that she imported her address book and SpeedDate decided to spam everyone on that list. There's only one lonely hearts club I might register with and it ain't that one. http://hvx-rc.com/forumstuff/emo/emo-raspberry2.gif

This lonely hearts club? :)

http://www.thebeatles.com.hk/images/records/singles/sgt_peppers_lonely_hearts_club_band.jpg

I think I speak for most of us, thanks for implementing natural selection with chenevuvuuuuhhh-whatever-his-name-was.... "Mr. :nice:" :lol:

Ragnarok
01-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Welcome to the Lonely Hearts Club Man! I hope I will enjoy my show!

Yeah, "lonely hearts club" is what I've called dating sites on occasion. Just kinda weird when you see a solicitation come (indirectly) from a client. My oldest bro found his wife on one a couple of years after he divorced, and my sister followed suit. My new sis-in-law is awesome. New bro-in-law needs some help.

2k2cse
01-16-2011, 07:11 PM
I can't say i really like dating sites. Its just not my cup of tea. Then again, i'm only 19 :p

Old Busted Hotness
01-16-2011, 07:47 PM

Talon failed to learn from the vacation we gave him. The ink wasn't dry on his parole papers when he started in on the n00bs again. So, now he will have to find another board to troll.

Another day, another 20 angry posts from Talon ripping into some poor sod who posted his 2.2 in the 1.9 section. It gets old, it really does.

One hopes this will restore the civility which Scale4x4 has become famous for. That, and not ending sentences with prepositions.

twisted77
01-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Twisted, Once training starts you'll be so busy and tired it won't seem so bad, and the time will fly. I had my wife and daughter in another state for 8 months when she a little girl. Missed them everyday but time went fast. Keep your chin up, remember the rewards in the end!

+1 for sure. The time apart will make the reunion all the sweeter. :nice:

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I did bring my scalers with me aswell. :bacondance:

twisted77
01-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Talon failed to learn from the vacation we gave him. The ink wasn't dry on his parole papers when he started in on the n00bs again. So, now he will have to find another board to troll.

Another day, another 20 angry posts from Talon ripping into some poor sod who posted his 2.2 in the 1.9 section. It gets old, it really does.

One hopes this will restore the civility which Scale4x4 has become famous for. That, and not ending sentences with prepositions.

I think I might have to think about this one for a while.

Ragnarok
01-16-2011, 10:14 PM
I just found something cooler than the Akai SynthStation 49. It's the Alesis Studio Dock. (Alesis and Akai are sister companies, BTW.)

The ASD's advantages amount to audio inputs (the SS49 can't process incoming audio) and since there's no integrated keyboard I can use whatever controller I want. Both the ASD and the SS49 are only $200. :blink: As a side note, I've read where the SS49's keybed feels pretty okay - not great but not terrible.

Here's a quick sketch of what I could do with it.

This amounts to an Alesis Studio Dock with a Korg nanoPAD 2 and nanoKONTROL 2, a Fatar TP9S 49-key action with aftertouch - all in an aluminum + Baltic Birch + HDPE chassis. It borrows some ideas from my on-again-off-again master controller idea and greatly simplifies them. I haven't decided whether I prefer a left- or right-orientation for the ASD, so I have sketched out both. It's not as cool looking as the SS49 (for one, the SS49 puts the iPad dead center in the chassis - I can't with my idea if I want to use the Korg nano-series controllers), but I think mine would be more functional and have a vastly better keyboard action. Just a thought.

EDIT: A couple of things I forgot to mention. I'd mount friction hinges to the bottom of the ASD so it could articulate up and down as needed. Also the pitchbend and modulation wheels would have orange backlights. To pull that off I'll have to delve into resin casting.

oldskoolmini
01-16-2011, 10:41 PM
so talon is gone forever??? what a shame.:cryin:

here are some wip pics of the baja van. i may change it to a control arm style suspension instead of the twin beams.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/oldskoolmini/bajavan1.png
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/oldskoolmini/bajavan2.png

bajaboy5b
01-16-2011, 11:12 PM
Talon is gone? :(

BADMUTHATrUCKER
01-16-2011, 11:58 PM
Yes. He screwed up and now he's gone.

If anyone thinks it's a shame that someone who selectively badgered noobs has been banned, and you support that behaviour it's easy for use to send you there too.

To deal with one on one he was a thinking, interesting guy. It does not change the matter of fact though, and what's got to be done has been done.

OSmini, I have often thought about making a twin I beam for something.

Lee
01-17-2011, 12:35 AM
ragnarok. downloaded the digital bass ap onto my ipad yesterday ( the one you posted a while back)
id like to comment on how good it is.... ive only made it make a series of beeps and turn up or down the tempo :lol:
ill find a tutorial on how it works laters :nice:

oh and oldskool, loving the baja look! maybe pull the back doors off and have a spare tyre rack sticking out?

THE_JOKER
01-17-2011, 02:41 AM
Chvnva got a holiday? lol, should have took away all his posts too, he pasted the entire board at one point, what a faggot.

Anyways, the muppet aside.

@RAG-----That be another tasty bit of tech Rag! an a bargain price too

@OSM------Suspension setup looks cool! ive always had a soft spot for those arms.......ooh ooh.....i'll throw in a chvnva!------> :nice:

BADMUTHATrUCKER
01-17-2011, 02:50 AM
Chvnva got a holiday? lol, ......

He appeared and was nuked before I even noticed... Bit miffed about that. It's got to be my turn on the banhammer somethime...

THE_JOKER
01-17-2011, 02:53 AM
I think he will be back in a weeks time, an will carry on with the same routine, so you can maybe have a go then? lol.

Ian
01-17-2011, 03:03 AM
Double bannage, how's BMT going to cope!

Just saw Talon's gone too :( Can we have him in the RIP thread please? ;)
Seriously though, he will be missed! For me, it wasn't his rants and raves that i'll miss, it was his friendly side.

On a side note, can i buy his post count?:banana:

THE_JOKER
01-17-2011, 03:05 AM
On a side note, can i buy his post count?:banana:

Chvnva already got dibs on it.

Ian
01-17-2011, 03:08 AM
Chvnva already got dibs on it.

Who is he? do we like him?

THE_JOKER
01-17-2011, 03:10 AM
Look up his name.....then look at his posts....then decide for yourself lol.

EDIT:

Moving on from him/her...

Rock, did you manage anything with the rig at the weekend?......i assume your still asleep at this time? lol

Ian
01-17-2011, 03:21 AM
Oh, :nice:

Ian
01-17-2011, 03:22 AM
:nice: