Scale 4x4 R/C Forums

Scale 4x4 R/C Forums (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Scale 2.2's (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Starwood Motors Nomad XL inspired build (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=86961)

Altered Image 05-06-2019 03:04 PM

Starwood Motors Nomad XL inspired build

I have been a fan of Starwood Motors for some time and always liked the Nomad XL. They have since rebuilt it and I wanted to build something that resembles it. Not going for an exact replica but just like the ideas used in creating it. Here is my starting point pictures using a New Bright body. I have had these sitting for a while and decided it is time to build. Been away from the scene for a little bit but I shall be diving back in.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Altered Image 07-03-2019 02:01 AM

Just a little update on the work that I have done. Work got kinda busy so i have been working on it here and there. Thanks for looking.

Willezcr8 07-03-2019 03:02 PM

Nice execution on the body mod. That roll cage came out perfect...looks spot on! :nice:

Now all you need is some over-sized deep dish rims and some Boggers, to finish the look.

I have a Starwood Motors project going also...the Night Hawk.

Not alot of these Starwood vehicles get built.

Altered Image 07-09-2019 03:16 AM

Thanks for the comments, still have some pieces to add and get it all welded up. It will be a little different from the original but hey not looking to make an exact replica.

I have some wheels and tires for it, just using the 2.2's that you see in the pic with some older Mudslingers from RC4WD. I will definetly check out your build👍

cambodian tire 07-09-2019 12:35 PM

Looks really clean Altered. You are working on two Jeeps at a time where as I haven't even started mine due to one slow build keeping me from it haha. Look forward to your updates:)

Altered Image 08-13-2019 11:02 PM

It's well overdue for an update on this build, been working 7 days a week for the past month so I havent really had much time to work on this. So i decided to do some body panels like the full size version. Just playing around with ideas so let me know what you think i should do. Thanks for looking.....

Altered Image 08-13-2019 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cambodian tire (Post 1069855)
Looks really clean Altered. You are working on two Jeeps at a time where as I haven't even started mine due to one slow build keeping me from it haha. Look forward to your updates:)

Thanks bro, I'm doing what I can with these two. Been working a lot so they havent seen much love lately...lol. Appreciate the kudos 👍

cambodian tire 08-15-2019 02:16 PM

No problem Altered, the kudos are much deservered!:chug:!

Altered Image 10-09-2019 02:24 PM

Slowly but surely I've been working on this project thanks to Motorworxracing for the sweet looking wheels. I have another project in mind that could use another set of these....but not until this one is complete.

Also picked up some Boom Racing wideners from my LHS, the wheels seemed to be too tucked under the wheel wells and really wanted to widen the stance. Nothing too crazy, just added around 8mm to each side.

Hopefully I can get the cage all welded up soon so I can start getting the body into primer. Comments always welcome.

Willezcr8 10-09-2019 04:41 PM

Diggin those rims. Are they 2.2's or 2.8's?

cambodian tire 10-13-2019 02:21 AM

Awesome Altered:chug:. Looks just like the Starwood motors proportions now:)... That's a pretty challenging thing when working with scale projects:nice:

Altered Image 10-21-2019 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cambodian tire (Post 1070594)
Awesome Altered:chug:. Looks just like the Starwood motors proportions now:)... That's a pretty challenging thing when working with scale projects:nice:

Thanks bro. When I build it's not too much to keep it as scale as possible. It's just to create builds that I would like in real life but wouldn't build it because it isn't practical on such a small island. There are some crazy builds out there but I don't see the use for them in life other than bragging rights. But it is an artform and I am and always will be a fan of the creativity and vision of some of these builders.

Tacked up the cage today, one of the straight bars are a little crooked but that will be an easy fix....forward progression.....lol.

cambodian tire 11-12-2019 06:42 PM

Lookin good:chug:

Altered Image 01-06-2020 01:04 AM

Not much but it is progress....lol

Altered Image 02-17-2020 01:08 AM

I know I havent been around too much but work has been busy but I still found time to work on this Jeep from time to time. Here are some updated pics, been focusing more on this than the Bandit build but that is next up. There are a few things that I have left to do but just wanted to update the post, let me know what you think.