Scale 4x4 R/C Forums

Scale 4x4 R/C Forums (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Car Discussion (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   VW Type 2, Split-window double cab, 1/16 (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85591)

2redrovers 01-29-2019 07:43 PM

That roof rack looks good with the chrome done. Did the speed shop have that jumbo NOS bottle you ordered?

frizzen 01-30-2019 08:07 PM

I can't say it's all motor with how it wants to do donuts, it's got some kind of a power adder.

Never cared for nitrous. Ya don't have to get a turbo or super refilled, and it's illegal in a lot of places to have the bottle open on the street.

It was mostly just lowriding around taking it easy, and from what's in the bed that the driver wanted to go play with RC at the RC Meet.

2redrovers 01-31-2019 04:53 PM

Yeah, NOS is just for laughs..
*ba-doom-tish*
Hehehe

frizzen 04-14-2019 05:10 PM

Some brass came out and turned into some parts.

Hitch added to the back of the pan

Strange parallel lever setup above my steering knuckles. Wonder what that thing does...

Also Amy decided WE needed to play with her squeaky bunny while i was taking pics

2redrovers 04-15-2019 04:55 AM

There's a car in that pic? All I see is cute squeaky bunny :p

Setting up for "bags"?

frizzen 04-15-2019 04:40 PM

Squeaky bunny!!! Why are you taking pics? We could play with bunny before you go to work instead! BUH-NNY.

Yep. I'm going to put a servo on the battery thing where the RX is now, run a pull cord between servo horn and lift lever. Hittin' switches. Then I need to swap this to a bigger radio and it'll probably go on a rotory pot for more air-ride style movement. Approx 1/4" to 3/8" travel at the front bumper, so around 4" travel on a real truck.

Trailer hitch is tipped up when the body is slammed, so it's about level when the body is riding nose up.

2redrovers 04-15-2019 08:41 PM

I get to look forward to squeaky bunny soon too, little girl due around first week in June.

The bagged setup will be cool and I'm guessing more fun to run around at the truck meets... Cue the doof-doof beats... Or maybe a bit of Kraftwerk?

frizzen 04-15-2019 10:35 PM

That's awesome! Squeaky bunny was brought to you by my Flat Coated Retriever. We don't have any kids yet.

I'm not sure if it'll actually be more fun to drive, but i've seen enough 'show truck semis' get hung up on everything. It just seemed like a good idea.
At the meets, my teal Baywindow already can't play on the bridge with the dump grate due to car sized wheels, no need to limit myself more.

2redrovers 04-15-2019 11:44 PM

Gotcha, more of a get out of jail free handed system, makes sense to me. I think about some of these tracks when I watch YouTube vids and wonder if the "builder of obstacles" took scale ground clearance into account when leaving that "foot high" lip on the ramp etc. Can't get over it, need more speed then....

Furkids count don't they? Although all mine ever brings is hairballs in the hallway *eeeeeeewwww*. Cats are dumb in an arrogant, feed me now kinda way... Hilarious when they fall off the couch in their sleep though. The "bringer of squeaky things" will be our first of one (no others, even she wasn't intended lol). I'm sure it's going to be fun having a mini-Mrs running around.

frizzen 04-16-2019 05:13 PM

Make it stock, no. Ground clearance, no. Better tires available, no. Good approach angle, no. Guess we need airbags.

I just might part out a bluetooth speaker to see if it could tuck under the bed. Can't get much subwoofer hit at this scale, but it'll still let the VW annoy people. Other than the stupid rims, i was thinking this ride is more vintage like "Brought to You in Glorious AM Mono" instead of "Blowing up 15"s as i'm Riding Through Your Neighborhood". Doof Doof

Now i see why you arent doing much with your builds. Might even have someone to help play with your toys in a few years

2redrovers 04-16-2019 07:54 PM

i was thinking this ride is more vintage like "Brought to You in Glorious AM Mono"

That sounds like a less stressful way to cruise around (and still annoy people)

Yeah, very little progress on my stuff. I try but when I sit down at the desk I just end up frustrated and failing at whatever I was trying to do. I remade the front axle on the ramp truck but the steering needs a redesign so it actually turns a corner. Just not enough throw happening. After that I've been fiddling with a toy front end loader

Attempted to make a servo ram, kinda worked mostly not very good. Had a second go at work yesterday with steel and the welder. Dunno if it works yet but it looks better at least.

The main reason I don't get any energy to hobby is because I spend all of it building real ones for a good customer.

That's called a holden torana. Lots of metal work to go and even some fun custom bits to keep it interesting. The kombi is gone, left to go to the painter about a month or so ago. Glad that's over!!

frizzen 04-17-2019 07:43 PM

"Somewhere" there are Fuchs in this scale!
https://www.modelltruck.net/showthre...chenprojekt-!&
Post 2 on the crashed porsche

Auf english
https://translate.googleusercontent....Ghe3CKOmSYoE9A
Maybe Schuco or Polistil? (Going for huge money.)

Glad to see your VW moved off to paint.

If i can live without the Wolfsburg crest and some other details.
https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q...15cb8073637cc8

2redrovers 04-17-2019 10:05 PM

They'd look good... Just have to find some

frizzen 04-20-2019 03:30 PM

Lowrider at full lift

Safety rails, ramp rails, and the start of a plank deck on the trailer

2redrovers 04-21-2019 05:53 PM

Ute goes up, ute goes down, ute goes up, ute goes down..

Trailer is looking good and soon you'll have lots of new friends.... As is the rule for all new car trailers....... "hey mate, can I borrow your trailer on Saturday??"