Scale 4x4 R/C Forums

Scale 4x4 R/C Forums (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Scale 2.2's (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Starwood Motors Bandit inspired build (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=86962)

Altered Image 05-06-2019 02:12 PM

Starwood Motors Bandit inspired build

I have also started my "Nomad" build but been spending most of my time on this build. Not going for an exact replica, just using the build as a reference to what I would like to do. They are both using parts from eachother but there is alot more fabrication needed in this one. I am actually splitting my time between both of them. Here is where the inspiration comes from....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Altered Image 05-06-2019 09:29 PM

Well made some progress that I would like to share. My styrene skills are not the greatest but I learn as I go....lol.

cambodian tire 05-07-2019 01:46 AM

Ooh another "old timer" in the 2.2 section!:).. Nice to see ya Altered Cust... err Image;).. Nice progress on the jk body. Looks like a cool project:chug:. I've been sitting on one of those bodies for years waiting for the right time. Can't wait to see where this goes:nice:.... Mark

Altered Image 05-19-2019 06:18 PM

Mark, it has been a long time. Glad to be back and tinkering again. Always good to see familiar faces.

Altered Image 05-22-2019 06:39 PM

Got more work done and it is coming along nicely. Styrene skills are not the greatest but I will get by...lol. also got another chassis so that I can do the extension. Still need to figure out what to do with the skid since the distance in the center will be alot longer. I have some ideas in mind but we will see what happens.

cambodian tire 05-24-2019 12:57 PM

Altered I think your styrene skills are on point, that looks awesome:nice: Your Jeep is coming along nicely:chug:. That thing is going to be HUGE!.., and nice to see og members posting in the 2.2 section. It makes me feel as though there has been "less water under the bridge". I'm pretty sure that any day I'll wake up and it will be 2050 or something like that. Time flies by too quickly:wacko:... Take care for now, Mark

Altered Image 05-26-2019 12:23 AM

Havent updated this as often as I want to. But after today this is how it sits. There is still alot of work to be done but it's coming along. Havent been paying to much attention to my Nomad build but it gets a little love every now and then. I will update that build at a later time. Let me know what you think 😉

Willezcr8 05-26-2019 06:08 AM

Wow! That looks awesome! Excellent job mating that rear cab. I know those can be tricky getting them to fit just right, because I too, have a Starwood Motors build on the back burner...the Nighthawk.

This build is quite fitting also, for the timing of the release of the new Jeep pickup. What wheels and tires are those? Seems you got the low profile look, spot on. :nice:

Definitely gonna keep watching this...us old timers need to stick together.

cambodian tire 06-19-2019 08:29 PM

Hey willezcr8:wave:. Altered that looks amazing!:jump: :nice:.. take care for now, Mark

Altered Image 07-09-2019 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willezcr8 (Post 1069062)
Wow! That looks awesome! Excellent job mating that rear cab. I know those can be tricky getting them to fit just right, because I too, have a Starwood Motors build on the back burner...the Nighthawk.

This build is quite fitting also, for the timing of the release of the new Jeep pickup. What wheels and tires are those? Seems you got the low profile look, spot on. :nice:

Definitely gonna keep watching this...us old timers need to stick together.

Thanks again Willezcr8 it took me some time to get it where I wanted it. Might not be perfect but its together.....lol. The wheels I have had for a while, don't know if you remember Troy aka createacrawler from a while back, he made these. The tires are a set of 2.2 that I cut a shut. Yes I do see alot of familiar faces but the threads don't have as much traffic as before.

Altered Image 07-09-2019 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cambodian tire (Post 1069510)
Hey willezcr8:wave:. Altered that looks amazing!:jump: :nice:.. take care for now, Mark

Thanks Mark, appreciate the kind words.

cambodian tire 07-09-2019 11:29 AM

No problem, the words are much deserved:chug:... Altered we'll create the traffic again! Lol

Willezcr8 03-01-2020 06:27 AM

:wave:

I know it's been awhile on this one, so I was wondering if there were any updates on it. :nice:

dallen 03-01-2020 04:45 PM

This build is what might buddy is looking for! Well he's a Jeep and huge Nomad fan. I'll come over tomorrow to help him install the brake pads and cooper tires on his Wrangler. Gonna show your build to him. It would be cool if you update us with your progress.

Altered Image 03-03-2020 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willezcr8 (Post 1072132)
:wave:

I know it's been awhile on this one, so I was wondering if there were any updates on it. :nice:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallen (Post 1072140)
This build is what might buddy is looking for! Well he's a Jeep and huge Nomad fan. I'll come over tomorrow to help him install the brake pads and cooper tires on his Wrangler. Gonna show your build to him. It would be cool if you update us with your progress.

Yes fellas it has been a while, been working on the Nomad XL inspired build. For some reason it seems that I can't get on Scale 4x4 from Taptalk anymore. If anyone knows why, care to fill me in.

Well since I am waiting to get some parts for the Nomad XL inspired build I decided to turn my attention back to the Bandit. It was just too hard to work on both trucks at the same time.

As you can see this is how it sits at the moment, thinking of getting some RC4WD Patagonia's in the 4.7" diameter to wrap these wheels in. They are a one off 2.8 wheel that I have had for a long time, they were made by a member that used to frequent these boards and he went by the name "createacrawler" I think they will do just fine under this body, let me know what you guys think.....