Scale 4x4 R/C Forums

Scale 4x4 R/C Forums (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Scale 4x4 R/C Competitions and Gatherings (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   New Scale Comp Rules for 2011 (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57718)

Old Busted Hotness 01-06-2011 05:40 AM

New Scale Comp Rules for 2011

After months of discussion among 20 "reasonably intelligent" individuals, we've arrived at a new set of Scale comp rules. These will replace the current Scale 4x4 rules, and will be used for both national and local events, including the MSD Scale Nats.

The new rules, written in cooperation with the scalier guys on RCC and here, will form the backbone for a new scale RC association, SORRCA (Scale Off Road Radio Control Association).

http://www.sorrca.com/rules/Rules.pdf

Local clubs can adopt the rules as-is, or modify them to suit local tastes and conditions, but this is what you can expect at a national (or international) event.

I realize they won't all be popular, but we did our best to make them fair and reasonable.

Feel free to ask questions, complain or otherwise discuss them here.

We are still getting the driving rules hashed out, and they'll be posted when finished. For now, here's the vehicle rules.

NCNitro 01-06-2011 09:10 AM

Both links take you to the glossary, no rules.

Old Busted Hotness 01-06-2011 09:16 AM

Sorry bout that. Fixed it.

Badd 01-06-2011 09:46 AM

:nice:

brazwewn 01-06-2011 04:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a question about the "bumper" mounted tire carrier. My carrier is modeled after a 1:1 rig, but the tire carrier mounts to the rear door of the Jeep. Would this count as "bumper" mounted, or does it physically have to be attached to the bumper?

Wes

pardonmyn00b 01-06-2011 04:44 PM

Rules are for fools

Old Busted Hotness 01-06-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brazwewn (Post 774375)
I have a question about the "bumper" mounted tire carrier. My carrier is modeled after a 1:1 rig, but the tire carrier mounts to the rear door of the Jeep. Would this count as "bumper" mounted, or does it physically have to be attached to the bumper?

Wes

We had a bit of a tiff about that. But the "has to be attached to the bumper" contingent won. So it has to be attached to the bumper to get the points.

brazwewn 01-06-2011 06:55 PM

All I can say is that rule is not a good one, but a rule is a rule.

Wes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Busted Hotness (Post 774403)
We had a bit of a tiff about that. But the "has to be attached to the bumper" contingent won. So it has to be attached to the bumper to get the points.

sk8te-penguin 01-06-2011 06:59 PM

What about the Trial ready SCX10's. They come standard with functional spare tires, chassis mounted bumpers and a roll cage/tube bed (Dingo/Honcho). Do they get scale points for out of the box items? Sticking strictly to the rules it would, but there was some debate a while back about it, and I can't remember what argument won.

Old Busted Hotness 01-06-2011 07:02 PM

If it's on the truck it gets a point. Whether you put it there or some kid in China put it on. The idea isn't so much to reward builders (although there's some of that) but rather to make up for the performance you'd lose by having the stuff on the truck.

sk8te-penguin 01-06-2011 07:08 PM

Sweet.

sloppy 01-06-2011 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brazwewn (Post 774436)
All I can say is that rule is not a good one, but a rule is a rule.

Wes

its not really a rule. its a handicapping reward a tire hanging off the back of a truck with a rack of some sort performs worse then one laid flat or kept low in a bed.

With that said Why would you really want 1 point when you could have 2?? a rear tube structure could be a spare tire holder the glossary does not say it cant be. :sht: rear tube structure is pretty open ;)
Rear Tube Structure ‐ This is tube work that doesn't fit into the other definitions, may include shock
mounts, body mounts, suspension mounts, or may be a structural part of the chassis.

3.1 Tube accessories
‐ Sliders: (both sides) metal ‐3, plastic ‐1
‐ Tube fenders: ‐1 per pair
‐ Front cage: ‐3
‐ Rear tube structure: metal ‐2, plastic ‐1
‐ Integrated tube shock mounts: ‐1 (per pair)

LAV25 01-07-2011 12:56 AM

Seems like you all did a pretty good job. It'll probably be years before my truck and I ever get back to the states, but I've got a couple questions on what the scale points rulings on it might be.

How it should look when it's done:

1) Would this (the toolboxes are enclosed now) count as a flatbed?

2) If it does, would the roll bar count as a "bed area" plastic roll bar? It's behind the cab, which kind of implies the bed. On the other hand, it's not in the bed itself, if that part on the back counts as a flatbed.

I'm just curious and looking for clarification, not to cause any :firedevil::firedevil: difficulties.

Thanks

sloppy 01-07-2011 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAV25 (Post 774579)
Seems like you all did a pretty good job. It'll probably be years before my truck and I ever get back to the states, but I've got a couple questions on what the scale points rulings on it might be.

1) Would this (the toolboxes are enclosed now) count as a flatbed?

2) If it does, would the roll bar count as a "bed area" plastic roll bar? It's behind the cab, which kind of implies the bed. On the other hand, it's not in the bed itself, if that part on the back counts as a flatbed.

I'm just curious and looking for clarification, not to cause any :firedevil::firedevil: difficulties.

Thanks

1) YES.. it would count as a flat bed in all class's from what I can tell in the pics. and the tool box's are just mounted to the flat bed so that is a non issue.
It wound not be rewarded scale points for flatbed it was voted metal/wood only would be rewarded.

2) I would in your case call the roll bar a headache rack. it looks to me in your cad drawings that is your goal with it, a multi purpose rack and spare tire mount..

Your rig like most semi/heavy equipment style rigs. are very hard to cover with rules that are basically being designed around jeeps and pickups.

sk8te-penguin 01-07-2011 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAV25 (Post 774579)

I would make the tool boxes extend all the way up to the cab :nice: Just saying ;)