Scale 4x4 R/C Forums

Scale 4x4 R/C Forums (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Scale 2.2's (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Ultimate Adventuring Bronco (https://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=86760)

4x4lover4499 03-24-2019 10:16 PM

Ultimate Adventuring Bronco

The 2.2 section is not very busy lately...:lolbeat:

I picked up a New Bright rock crawler the other day, on clearance not really knowing what I was going to do with the body but knowing I liked its look.

I have the old chassis from Bubbles 2.0 sitting @ 12.5" wheel base SSD Ar60 housings fully built and a old Vanquish trans sitting around. The chassis isn't super scale, but is very stiff, and very functional using a Wraith Skid as the base.

This will not be a build thread so much as a log of how she drives and where she goes.

Before the body was cut, and on small 4.7" tires.

Not bad but needed bigger meats....

cambodian tire 03-25-2019 01:02 AM

Nice find 4x4 lover:). I've not seen that body before, good score! :chug: Mark

4x4lover4499 03-26-2019 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cambodian tire (Post 1068012)
Nice find 4x4 lover:). I've not seen that body before, good score! :chug: Mark

Thank you Mark. I haven't seen anyone else build it.

It is really well detailed, has a full interior dash and shift knobs ect. Not quite the same level as my Crusier body, but great for a runner.
:chug:
I was watching YouTube the other morning and realized.....

That is what I do, I hit trails where and when I can, and this rig would look right at home on the U.A. or on a trailer behind Bubbles 3.

So inspired, I went out to the shop and mounted the body. It pivots on the rear and I drilled out the front "hood pins" and mounted some Axial body mounts.

And a shot next to my buddies Big Bronc.

:chug:

4x4lover4499 03-26-2019 08:44 AM

A temporary plastic bumper off another toy...

And the rear fenders came off.

And so did the fronts.

:bacondance:

4x4lover4499 03-26-2019 05:13 PM

Group trail run.....

:D

After doing some repairs, and tuning I took her out for a little snow bashing in the yard. And a name hit me for her.

"Vertigo" :rolling:

cambodian tire 03-26-2019 08:37 PM

Great name:chug:. That pic with the mountains is absolutely stunning! You live in a beatiful spot;)

4x4lover4499 03-26-2019 11:49 PM

Thank you. I agree completely and feel amazed every time I look out the front window.

cambodian tire 03-27-2019 12:44 AM

I bet:banana:

4x4lover4499 03-31-2019 09:15 PM

So I have been having nothing but problems with my front cvd's.

Old Mip cvd's for the ax10.

I keep breaking/ bending pins, even music wire pins and cannot keep them together for more than 2 hours of trail running. so my solution is to remove the body and throw a whole new chassis under her.

Gen 1 scx10 chassis, Ar44's, Hand Bros cms, home built links, stainless lowers, aluminum uppers. 90 mm front shocks, 70mm rear.

Going to put a battery plate right behind the front shock towers and see if I cant get her weight a little more forward biased than the previous chassis, (47/53 weight bias ) Going to try to turn that number around.

cambodian tire 03-31-2019 09:26 PM

Nice!:nice:... I wish I had an "extra" scx10 chassis kicking around;) I have a few projects planned (new bright jeep). Looks good with those axles. Looks better than the stock scx10's axles, are the as reliable? I think I needs me a pair:).... Mark

cambodian tire 03-31-2019 09:29 PM

I forgot to ask are you running any additional weight in your front wheels? Could help move your cg forward?

4x4lover4499 03-31-2019 10:49 PM

I am, Axial bolt in weights weighing in @2oz each.

Nothing in the rear, except maybe some leftover water.

4x4lover4499 03-31-2019 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cambodian tire (Post 1068130)
Nice!:nice:... I wish I had an "extra" scx10 chassis kicking around;) I have a few projects planned (new bright jeep). Looks good with those axles. Looks better than the stock scx10's axles, are the as reliable? I think I needs me a pair:).... Mark

I have 2 scx10II's they have been super reliable and great performers. I ran this same brushless system in my raw builders kit and beat the snot out of it racing my nephew and his Slash.:firedevil:

My Honcho has over 80 actual 3s miles on it, bone stock except wheels and tires.

It is at the front of the picture in a couple of posts.

cambodian tire 04-01-2019 12:12 AM

Gotcha, I wasn't aware axial made bolt in weights:nice: I just wrapped lead weight around my rims, I'm sure they're way out of balance:blink: Wouldn't want to see what 3s would do to my rig, probably tear itself apart lol. I have the first gen scx 10 and I can't complain about their reliability. I was wondering if the 44's were as strong because they look way sexier:) Looks like a good time with your nephew, nice to see kids taking up this hobby:chug:.... Mark

4x4lover4499 04-02-2019 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cambodian tire (Post 1068138)
Gotcha, I wasn't aware axial made bolt in weights:nice: I just wrapped lead weight around my rims, I'm sure they're way out of balance:blink: Wouldn't want to see what 3s would do to my rig, probably tear itself apart lol. I have the first gen scx 10 and I can't complain about their reliability. I was wondering if the 44's were as strong because they look way sexier:) Looks like a good time with your nephew, nice to see kids taking up this hobby:chug:.... Mark

Yeah he loves his Slash, and showed a huge intrest in My Honcho. He may be inheriting a scaler soon. I'm going to throw a gen 1 scx10 together for my brother soon, and my parents just groomed a "track" into their yard..... It looks like the whole family might be getting into it.:beer&buddy: