Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Info > Board info, Suggestions & Questions
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Board info, Suggestions & Questions Check here for updates on the board, or if you have any suggestions, from forum topics to questions, post them here!

Old 08-13-2012, 08:19 PM

Member Number: 18358
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default Wanted or for sale section?

Is there a for sale or wanted section on this forum? Maybe im just blind but i havent found it lol.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 08-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Your Friendly LHS Employee

Member Number: 6476
B/S/T Feedback: (22)

New member dont have access to the buy/sell/trade section to help cut down on scams.

Last i knew it was 300 posts and 1 year membership to gain access, but i think they lowered it to 150 posts and 6 months membership.

Sit back, relax, post some builds, and before you know it your time is up and you'll be able to buy and sell at your hearts content.

Welcome to the forum !!
Broke MoFo Member #41
Quote:
Originally Posted by igotit View Post
where did those gay smilies come from.....i want them!
Old 08-13-2012, 10:49 PM
Everybody Needs Rock N Roll

Member Number: 4514
B/S/T Feedback: (45)

Here we go again!
Old 08-14-2012, 04:54 AM
Waiting for my free magic pen!!

Member Number: 2692
B/S/T Feedback: (26)

I think they halved it to 150 posts and 6 months? It's all in the "Rules/FAQ" section just under the banner at the top of your page.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:34 AM
I need more Jeeps!!!

Member Number: 230
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

!!!!

Quote:
Buy/Sale/Trade

New members are not allowed to access the Buy/Sale/Trade area until they have been registered for at least one year, or have been registered for 180 days and accumulated 150 posts or more. Once the criteria is met, the For Sale forum will show up automatically, and you can begin using it. (Usergroup promotions are ran once an hour.) Just to be thorough, this means no wanted or for sale/trade threads are to be posted anywhere else on the forum before or after you've gained access to the Buy/Sale/Trade forum!
Old 10-22-2012, 11:58 PM

Member Number: 18775

I could see the post count but 1 yr? thats insane. Dont mean to come off wrong here at all but I think thats the longest out of any forum ive ever been on! And ive been on many.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:20 AM
I'm Ron Burgandy?

Member Number: 13407
B/S/T Feedback: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfc150 View Post
I could see the post count but 1 yr? thats insane. Dont mean to come off wrong here at all but I think thats the longest out of any forum ive ever been on! And ive been on many.
there's a 6 month option too, as stated above. Its not so bad, start sharing and reading and you'll have the post count in no time.

It could be worse; used to be 1yr and 300 post count. That's what it was for me, but I didn't care b/c I didn't come here for the b/s/t section. I came because all these great builds here drew me in and now I can't stay away!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:01 AM

Just to expand on what has already been said, it was changed to protect our membership from a rash of thiefs. Unfortunately one bad apple can spoil the bunch and this was what was decided by a membership vote. It was as said 300 post and 1yr, now we have modified it to 6 months and 150 posts for most members.

The BST is not a right of forum membership, nor do we consider it a true necessity, it is a privelege given to our participating members. The time allotment gives the rest of the membership the chance to get to know you and make their decision to trade or buy from you easier.

So just enjoy the forum and the BST will be available to you before you know it.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:42 AM
ROCK CHUMP

Member Number: 3486

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stray Cat View Post
Just to expand on what has already been said, it was changed to protect our membership from a rash of thiefs. Unfortunately one bad apple can spoil the bunch and this was what was decided by a membership vote. It was as said 300 post and 1yr, now we have modified it to 6 months and 150 posts for most members.

The BST is not a right of forum membership, nor do we consider it a true necessity, it is a privelege given to our participating members. The time allotment gives the rest of the membership the chance to get to know you and make their decision to trade or buy from you easier.

So just enjoy the forum and the BST will be available to you before you know it.
After all of that if someone finds this forum they are looking.
there should be a wanted section separate from sales so if your new you can buy into at used prices not pay retail just to see if its your cup of tea
just something to think about
Bob C

Last edited by twistedone : 10-23-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:38 AM

Bob, that is a very good point but the bottom line is it's much easier for the Admins or Mods to keep everything running smooth when the BST is an all or nothing situation.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:53 PM

Member Number: 21310

Hard to get into the hobby without a truck. I came for the BST section but I get the reasoning. I don't have 150 posts and 6 months to wait before I buy. It seems like getting a well sorted truck is the way to go, even if a little used.

I'm not in it for the full blown experience, just thought it would be cool to get one or two to play around with.

It does make you wonder how all the other forums can do it without such extreme rules. This isn't the only forum that gets spam...

Lazy admin?
Old 12-13-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoSux View Post
Hard to get into the hobby without a truck. I came for the BST section but I get the reasoning. I don't have 150 posts and 6 months to wait before I buy. It seems like getting a well sorted truck is the way to go, even if a little used.

I'm not in it for the full blown experience, just thought it would be cool to get one or two to play around with.

It does make you wonder how all the other forums can do it without such extreme rules. This isn't the only forum that gets spam...

Lazy admin?
You do realize that we admins and mods have jobs, families, lives, etc. and receive no form of compensation for our time. Plus we like to have time for the hobby as well. The mods didn't make the rules any way it was voted on by the membership of this forum about 3yrs ago now, so if you are here for the BST then you came to the wrong forum, if you are here to have a good time, enjoy the talented builds, and develop friendship and comraderie then this is the right place.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Screamapillar

Member Number: 13559
B/S/T Feedback: (27)

Discosux: Get yourself an inexpensive kit (Tower Hobbies has the SCX10 Dingo for $175 right now) build it, sort it, learn and have fun. Then you'll want to take part in the forum; suddenly the Buy/ Sell/Trade section will appear before you know it...
Old 12-13-2013, 10:17 PM

Member Number: 21066

Well, I will bump the thread to add to my thread count!!! Keep on building guys!!! Lots of talent here!!!
Old 11-28-2014, 11:21 PM

Member Number: 22936

well snap looks like i won't be buying anything sweet for a while?