Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > In General > Help wanted!
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Help wanted! New to the forum? Start here.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Lost and confused on.... what was I saying?

Member Number: 6114
B/S/T Feedback: (29)

Looks great on both build's also I previously forgot to mention welcome to the boards abd way to make an entrance. The Yota looks awesome and I really am digging the Sublime green paint, I was not to sure at first but the highlighs and the boby line traetments really set it off.

----Dan

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 05-22-2009, 01:03 PM
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

Member Number: 7431
B/S/T Feedback: (92)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickcivic95 View Post
Looks great on both build's also I previously forgot to mention welcome to the boards abd way to make an entrance. The Yota looks awesome and I really am digging the Sublime green paint, I was not to sure at first but the highlighs and the boby line traetments really set it off.

----Dan

Thanks Dan !

I'm kind of at a stand still on my Toyota until my axles come in. So I've just been tinkering with the CR-01 that I quickly threw together.

I'm also still gathering all the little bits and pieces for my Samurai build. I spent about 2 or 3 hrs last night making homemade Suzuki "S" emblems out of metal and experimenting with different meshes and screens to make my Samurai's grill out of.

I have one of the newer style grills on my Samurai.....

They also have a Solid "S" that looks pretty cool on some of the Suzuki cars. That's the one that I've been trying to re-create. I'd like to use that style on my RC Samurai.

I bought a mesh desk organizer for under $3 dollars at wal-mart. I then cut a piece of it out with my cordless dremel.

I also cut out a small piece of metal from a ladies perfume bottle and I used that to make my Suzuki "S".

This is what I have done so far........Tell me what you guys think of it???

I also bought a chrome suction cup soap holding tray at wal-mart for right around $3 dollars.

I then cut out some diamond-plate styrene and I made myself a nice little roof rack to use on one of my rigs. I also sanded the chrome down so that the paint would adhere better to it.

It's pretty cool looking and it has 2 small square openings where the suction cups were located at that would make for a great place to mount up some driving or reverse/back-up lights.

It fits the Toyota's cab....the Hummer's top and it also fits the Samurai's roof very well.

Now I've just got to decide which rig I'm going to use it on !! I may have to go back to wal-mart and buy myself a few more of these. They worked out pretty good.

Here's some pics of it......

I also lowered my Hummer body down some more onto the CR-01 chassis....I think it looks/handles much better the lower that I can get it's COG. I'm also still experimenting with different shock set-ups on this one as well.

I may go back to the factory white coil's....not sure yet. It's plenty flexy right now...maybe even a little bit too much flex..

Last edited by BiGDaWgZ : 12-02-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:42 PM
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

Here's an update on the grille parts that I've been working on today.

I'll be cutting out the headlight holes and mounting some headlight buckets behind this grille after I get me some lenses that fit the size I need.

Here's what it looks like now...it's gettin closer...

Old 05-23-2009, 08:36 AM
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

I did some more work on the grille that I'm making for my Samurai. I just put the headlight decals there to kind of represent where the actual headlight lenses and buckets will be.

Here's some trial fit pics:

Last edited by BiGDaWgZ : 05-23-2009 at 08:54 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:16 AM
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

These are pretty nice bodies....I just wish that they made the hardtop (TINTOP) version.

I'm currently converting my Speedway Pal Samurai body into a TinTop to match my 1:1.

This is my first ever Lexan Paint job...I've painted 1:1's for years....and hardbody's are easy for me...but this was my first ever paint job where you paint it on the inside of the body!!!:mrgreen:

Here's where I'm at so far.....

Here's an older pic of my 1:1....it now has more lift....a winch bumper...and other stuff added to it.

I made my grille kinda similar to it....I still have to cut out my headlight holes and mount up my headlight buckets but I have to get some headlights and buckets first !! :mrgreen:

Here's my attempt to re-create it in 1:10th scale........I'm not done detailing it...or striping it....and I made my own grill to match a newer 1995 Samurai grille because I've added that to my 1:1 too!

Last edited by BiGDaWgZ : 12-02-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:33 PM
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

Just a little update.

I've been cutting out small pieces of styrene to make some of the decals on my Samurai more dimensional.

I also made some windshield wipers out of styrene. This is basically my first time working with styrene and I LOVE learning how to make all of these little items.

This coming winter I plan on doing lots of styrene work.....just to try to acquire some skill at working with these plastics.

Door Hinges.....

Park Lights....

Door Handle

Completely HandMade styrene windshield wipers....I'm proud of these puppies !!

Took me quite awhile to get these made to my satisfaction.

I'm happy with their looks now.

I'm also going to re-do my hood hinges...I used the original hood hinges to make my rear cargo door look more like a TinTops door.

I'll just cut out the center of the hinges that are presently on the hood and re-use those as my hood hinges.

All of the body parts are glued on with shoe goo....so they're removable if necessary.

It's also kind of tough to make the rear door look like a TinTop's rear door.....instead of the rear gate on a Convertible.

I still may cut the windows out and put in some lexan to give it a better detail effect.

I also made up another ROOF RACK....LOL...I can't quit making these. Everytime I'm in a store and I see something that might work as a roof rack....I buy it and I try to turn it into a roof rack.

I added some of the square HiLux front pushbar fog/off-road lights and the light buckets. I also added my Hilift Jack by using the parts that I cut off of the Hilux Square lights.

I detailed the HiLift jack by painting it up...and by drilling out all the places that they forgot to drill out from the manufacturer. When you buy these several of the holes are not drilled and slotted.

I also drilled out the top part (clamping area) of the jack to make it look better.

I even drilled out the handle to give it that "hollow" appearance like a real jack handle has.

Then I painted up some of my center caps/lockouts....

I also did some more work to my grill. I haven't got my headlight buckets and lenses yet.....but I plan on countersinking the lights into my grill just like the newer Samurai grills are sunk.

I added more depth...and then I painted up the appearance of a radiator behind my mesh grill.

I also put some bend into the grill by using spacers behind the first layer of the grill and then I heated it up with a hair dryer to get it to bend a little bit and then I removed the spacers.

I also now have several sets of wheels and tires to choose from on this project. I wanted to see what the different combos would look like on it.

Slingers.....and Trail Doc standards. For wheels....I have plastic/chrome beadlocks.....or Aluminum Beadlocks...or I also have some HPI spoked wheels too.

Few more pics....LOL...

Last edited by BiGDaWgZ : 12-02-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:03 PM
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

I also found myself a NewBright JK after many months of searching...

SO...I went ahead and started with detailing the body lines on it....and I removed the ugly decals from the body.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Land Rover allergic!

Member Number: 4167
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

You got a lot of cool builds there! And your Hilux is one of the nicest I have ever seen!
Old 06-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Mr. Tire Guy

Member Number: 3012
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

Quote:
I've been cutting out small pieces of styrene to make some of the decals on my Samurai more dimensional.
exactly what I would do. your sammi looks great!
Old 06-08-2009, 06:47 PM
r/c NooB

Member Number: 7675
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Old 06-09-2009, 12:07 AM
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifted View Post
You got a lot of cool builds there! And your Hilux is one of the nicest I have ever seen!

Thanks HighLifted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantablo View Post
exactly what I would do. your sammi looks great!

That definitely makes me feel better about doing it that way....THANKS PABLO !...

Quote:
Originally Posted by K5_Blazer View Post

Thanks....I was gettin kinda THIRSTY !!.............
Old 06-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 1766
B/S/T Feedback: (4)

AWESOME RIDES buddy....both of them!!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 01:16 AM
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparman89 View Post
AWESOME RIDES buddy....both of them!!!!
Thanks moparman !!...

I found a new Flatfender Jeep body that may be a Scale Possibility for everyone.

It would more than likely be for a Losi MRC Build....I found it at Big Lots...they had 2 of them.

They were just push around trucks...not RC...

They come with some FUNKY paint...and LOTS of chrome crap everywhere....but here's what I've done with it so far.................

The roll cage had the two sidebars down by the seats....so I cut them off and re mounted them up high so that it looked more like a cage.

It had a Chrome "Power Tank" so I taped it all off and shot it with some yellow.

Then...I painted the entire BLUE Jeep.......OD Green...of course!!

There was also some weird looking box in the back with a big gear thing coming off of it.....I cut that gear thing off...and made a diamond plate top and then I turned the box into my fuel cell.

I also got busy with the styrene and some wood dowels and I made 2 shovels....an axe...a hammer....and I started on a pickaxe.

I'm seriously getting HOOKED on this whole Styrene thing...I love this stuff !

I also mounted a hilift jack on there too...and I painted up some scale chain that I had as well.

I plan on adding functional headlights and taillights to this body too.

I haven't decided if I like my "Anodized Look" Fuel cell brackets yet...they're not glued in yet...

I've showed it here next to a Speedway Pal Samurai body so you can get a feel for it's size....

Some of the Scale Items that I made in the past few days.........

Old 07-01-2009, 11:11 AM
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

WELL....it's been awhile since I've been able to update anything....I'm still waiting on a chassis to finish my Samurai.

I'm thinking that I'm going to go with the Rainer MRC Scale chassis..I really like it's design.

I also recently tore my Hilift Toyota all apart....and I parted some of it out because now I've got a new SCX-10 that I'm going to be putting my Green Toyota body on.

I also just bought this............

SO...now I can have a complete interior in my green YOTA !!!!:mrgreen:

I've also bought some Solid aluminum...2.2 beadlocks for my CR-01 chassis and I'm taking the Hummer body off of it and I'm planning on going with the new Tamiya BRONCO body kit for that chassis !!!"thumbsup".

I've been picking up a few pieces here and there for my own rock garden...I haven't arranged it all yet.....

Old 07-02-2009, 06:47 AM
Administrator - Professor Spoon! I have Evil Powers, and I teach! Mwuhahaha

Member Number: 16
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

'zuki body looks good, love the grill you made for it