Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale On-road R/C > Car Discussion
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Car Discussion Touring cars, Rally Cars, Drifters, whatever!
Talk among yourselves!

Old 05-29-2019, 05:16 PM
Another Newbie

Member Number: 2028
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Well easy is the "Roof lights came from Cox chrome, ya already touched up the worn spots with malotow, it's chrome. Just walk away."
Vs "But the show had..."

I need to break out the "wiggly eyes" and some translucent paint so i can get some lenses on those lights, and knock together a temporary tail light lens.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 05-31-2019, 07:43 PM
Another Newbie

Figured i needed to show off the features, even if it's not great video.

I kept the speed backed way down, my cameraman isn't used to working with rc cars.

Yes i know i need a video editor. I'm open to suggestions!
Old 06-10-2019, 08:08 PM
Another Newbie

Looks like the voting has ran it's course
https://www.coxengineforum.com/t1301...inners-c-a-t-s

So i appear to have gotten 3rd place out of a field of 6 cars in Modified class.
Electric Adam-12 came in behind:
2 An aircar with the fenders cut off, hubcaps, and Mr Horsepower style stickers,
and
1 A 3-engined aircar with lots of custom parts and combining 2 versions of chassis.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:34 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 14261

Well done. Gotta say I got a chuckle out of RatFink
Old 09-27-2019, 10:35 PM
Another Newbie

Working the night shift again

Old 02-23-2020, 07:51 PM
Another Newbie

You ever have a day where you take your car out for a ride, and it seems like everybody wants to talk to you about it? Yeah...

Control, 1-Adam-12 requesting backup on a traffic stop of blue subaru impreza, northbound in the dining room.

Looks like the city budget must have gone through, that's a 2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Pursuit model. I liked the 4 light front end better, so i'll try to downgrade to that. I'm not sure how to do the glowy red band around tail lights yet. I want to get rid of the cat & srt graphics. Probably add some dogbowl hubcaps to the rims. ''Some" lights.

It's a modern Police car so clearly it will need an *Absolutely Ridiculously Obnoxious* amount of LEDs putting out enough lumens to mess with low flying aircraft. If it doesn't completely blow out your night vision while never looking directly at the vehicle, but still trying to keep your car moving past the scene, that's just too dim!!!

I missed out on the 1/14 scale final body style Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor static model i was really wanting, so i thought i'd better pick up the 'jada hyperchargers' cop Charger while it's available.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:50 PM
Wasting Time'r

You've clearly had to drive past the latest BMW highway patrol cars over here...

Yup I agree you have to lose the extra stickers. With the neon look at the back (which I love the look of.. Gimme the one from John Wick 2 thanks), could it be done with side/center lit acrylic? Think like an acrylic light sabre with the led in the base so it transmits the light all the way up the sha-wingggg.. One led from each end should be enough through frosted acrylic ?? Maybe..
Old 02-25-2020, 04:34 PM
Another Newbie

Ugh, so you've got that effect over there too?
Another of my big problems with some of the new lighting package features is the red/blue in same housing ment for side install. Red and blue lighting is supposed to also let you determine from a distance what direction the car is oriented due to how position marker lights are installed on everything that's not cars. Just remember "Red is not Right".

For the rear panel stripe I'd wondered about side lit acrylic, fiberoptics, or even electroluminescent wire. I dunno. Other than fixing light bar orientation it's just going into waiting.

---
In addition to the Evan Designs i already knew about, found another place doing rc / model emergenc parts
https://evandesigns.com/collections/...e-lights-siren
https://www.mytrickrc.com/shop/produ...ruck-products/

Last edited by frizzen : 02-29-2020 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Arleady
Old 02-25-2020, 06:31 PM
Wasting Time'r

Side lit acrylic was what I was thinking about but that's possibly because I forgot there were probably other options.... Old school or just old... Same thing in my case
Old 02-25-2020, 06:49 PM
Wasting Time'r

I thought about posting a pic of the current generation of The Fuzz... But I don't want to burn your eyeballs with all the ugmo going on. So much fluorescence.... Feel free to google the Victorian highway patrol cars. Everything changed when the locally produced commodore and falcon were discontinued, now replaced with vw golf wagons, Ford Everest, and various Mercedes, BMW and I think a few Audi persuit models. All equipped with enough LEDs to receive complaints from the international space station when it passes overhead of any random traffic stop.... They are soooo (painfully) awesome in the dark on a wet road with little street lighting
Old 04-05-2020, 03:29 AM
Another Newbie

I just stumbled on another flasher circuit that i like while looking for something else. I wasn't planning that far ahead yet, but it's an easy looking setup for a more modern flash style.

Charger might look pretty good with couple sets like this on different rates.
---
Oh yeah, thats going to look killer!
It's up at about siezure-inducing speed. Just got to make it look like they "applied lights all over it with a trowel". Probably play around with resistors to get a couple to fire on their off channel, so half the car doesn't go dark. Maybe a couple lights firing down for the illegal Underglow to go along with the illegal level of Window-Tint.

Wonder if there's a good Lightbar insert in another scale, or if i'll need to make something happen with surface mount leds?

Last edited by frizzen : 04-08-2020 at 02:32 AM.