Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Agricultural and Industrial Equipment
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Agricultural and Industrial Equipment A place for your agricultural, industrial, and other heavy equipment builds!

Old 04-27-2020, 05:19 PM
I never leave, but my wife did!

Member Number: 4273
B/S/T Feedback: (2)
Default Can I use rubber hose for hydraulics?

Can I use this? I want to refurb my excavator . but I need some hose this is one of the main things i wanted to fix . So can i use 50 Feet Black Rubber Latex Micro Tubing 1/8"OD 1/16"ID (#202R) . Sorry I wanted to post the page but Amazon app wouldn't let me .

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 05-01-2020, 01:40 PM

Member Number: 17141
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

I wouldn't even think about it. What I found on Amazon for 1/8" latex tubing says it's rated at 190 PSI, and I don't know if that's working pressure or burst pressure. Its probably burst pressure and I think that a safe working pressure is only a fraction of burst pressure.(1/8, 1/4 - don't remember for sure, I'm an electrical guy, not mechanical.)

I don't know the pressure your excavator runs at, but I highly doubt that latex tubing would handle it. Don't model hydraulic systems run in the 300-500 PSI range?

What you're probably looking for is something like high pressure nylon tubing. The stuff I found, and I don't know if it would work for you, was from Freelin-Wade and had a working pressure of 800 PSI, but the only color available was natural.(White-ish) If that's what you need, it was about $37 for 100 feet.

Don
Old 05-01-2020, 02:18 PM
I never leave, but my wife did!

Member Number: 4273
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

Thanks I read that too and my little excavator runs in the 300ish range
Old 05-10-2020, 04:54 AM
Another Newbie

Member Number: 2028
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

Somebody over on truck & construction posted a while ago about a place in usa that does lines and fittings. https://rctruckandconstruction.com/s...ad.php?t=13568
I've read about several people upgrading machines to 4mm lines for the greater flow rates and better cooling.

http://www.fluidlinesystems.net/Bijur-Tubing-s/1937.htm

If that amazon one is a burst pressure i'd definately DERATE it by atleast a safety factor (drops to 1/2 or 1/3 of their value) to hit a working pressure. And i'd still keep oil-dry or absorb pads close. Also consider which type oil do you run to avoid compatability issues?

* * i don't play with hydros at home beyond using car jacks, but my work sometimes involves messing with 3000psi working pressure phosphate-ester systems. So I'm familiar with some, but don't actually 'know' model hydros.