Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Scale 1.9's
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 1.9's Scale trucks that use 1.9" tires. Discuss your XC and similar type trucks.

Old 05-07-2020, 03:05 PM

Member Number: 7655
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default Will it remove torque twist... an extra gear added to one SCX10 type gearbox output?

As the title says, will having an extra drive gear on one of the outputs(see photo), allowing the two prop shafts to rotate in opposite directions, completely or partially reduce torque twist/body roll under power?

Cheers,
Tom.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 06-29-2020, 03:50 PM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 98

its easier to 'mirror' the tranny. Take it apart, and rebuild it opposite of what the manual says, as if you look at it in a mirror. Has the same effect, and easy as ,you dont need any extra parts. Only downside ( which doesnt matter at all) is you cant fit the spur gear cover anymore.
Old 07-01-2020, 01:34 AM
Another Newbie

Member Number: 2028

So you want to add another gear on one of the outputs, so that front and rear driveshafts counter-rotate?
Then you'll introduce a new problem with the axle needing flipped to drive ring gear correctly opposite, but Axial doesn't have bolt-on attachments so it doesn't like being flipped like the TLT axles do.

Back around 2007 Mirroring the ax-10 trans worked great... until the VF Dig came on scene and needed it put back to stock to be able to Drive/Unlock/Lock the rear.

Then i had to build an axle plate and 4 link the rear. After a lot of reading you'll find the right and left axle side upper-links want to attach at different heights to get the correct squat and anti-squat action to cancel torque twist.

I dunno.
Old 07-10-2020, 02:58 AM

Member Number: 7655

I received my gearbox a couple of weeks ago and I have installed, tested it and it works perfectly. Also flipped and tapped the rear axle.

I should clarify that it was not an issue of, for instance, one of the front wheels lifting under torque when on a steep climb. I wanted a gearbox with opposing outputs to prevent the 'equal and opposite' reaction of the body rolling in one direction while the drive train was rotating in the other, and this would happen on the flat, when accelerating and low to high speeds.

It worked! The body stays upright and the is no body roll evident at all.

As a side note, I climbed a children's slide (45 degrees?) with no effort whatsoever and zero body roll or lift of any axle.

Very happy.
Tom.