Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > 1/8, 1/6 and larger scale Trux!
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

1/8, 1/6 and larger scale Trux! Discuss your large scale projects here, 1/8, 1/6 and larger scales. Juggy, TXT, Clod, TF, MF and similar based rigs.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:34 PM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 19557
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default building the 3D Sets Rancher Jeep

So, I saw the post in the General section about this 3d printed model Jeep.. intrigued, i went to the website and looked into it.. Being an avid 3d printer, I couldn't help myself - bought the files - all of them!

There are 2 versions of the main body.. a hardtop and a rollcage version.. there are also files available to convert to the opposite of whichever main file you decide to get, as well as the off-road style bumpers, and tube doors, tube style fender flares and tube side steps - with the last 3 items being available for free.

next step for me was deciding what colors to use.. Initially I was thinking a darker green (not the neon green that someone else used) but ended up starting with a cobalt blue i had on hand.. and "gold" for the stock style wheels..

Then grabbed some tires we have on hand from different RCs to see what they look like with the fender... still not sure what to do with that just yet, but i kinda like the larger tires, lol. will make a final decision on that later - after we get more of the thing printed and assembled.

Bearings and the misc hardware has been ordered.. more to come!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 07-05-2019, 09:16 PM

got the grill printed tonight, along with a couple of smaller pieces...
propped the grill up on the front of the Axial SCX10 - holy cow, this thing is gonna be BIG!
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2019, 07:15 AM

definitely a good one for a dreary rainy Saturday.
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2019, 02:00 AM

Member Number: 26236

Awesome! How far along are you now? I have a lot of the parts printed, but I was still in the process of tuning in some changes to my printer. I need to reprint a few pieces.

What material did you decide to use? I went with petg.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2019, 08:12 PM

LOL, this kinda got sidelined due to orders that were placed.. customers come first.

I am doing ours in ABS, mainly cause I have a lot of it and I print most things with it. Yes, it does come with the risk of parts warping, but I am used to dealing with that.

The windshield/front cowl piece was a spectacular failure the first time.. so I cut it into two pieces to reduce print time - got one part done, then the orders came in. Hoping to get back to it this week.

the actual windshield frame is the part I have to print yet... the cowl area is done.

so far i have both rear fenders done, the grill, one rocker panel and the cowl half of the windscreen.. and one wheel, lol
Oh and I have all my hardware for assembly.
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2019, 02:14 PM

Started printing Chassis bits.. frame rails, center chassis, etc.. still have a ways to go to start assembly, however.

the windshield frame is still giving me fits - got it to print, but it cracked & broke, so looking at alternative ways to print it that should result in a stronger piece.