Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Scale 1.9's
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 1.9's Scale trucks that use 1.9" tires. Discuss your XC and similar type trucks.

Old 02-27-2020, 08:00 AM

Member Number: 26533
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

finished up the radio install , think it came out pretty clean . still waiting on the rims /hex conversion and the sound and light module . She also ran under her own power for the first time . It's fast , too fast for my liking ,I will try the smallest pinion to improve it's trail and climbing performance . It's no sacrifice to me to loose some of that top speed for some more controllable power down low .. have to remember to lock up those diffs too . I will move on to the soft top and doors next .
Attached Images

Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 02-27-2020, 03:27 PM

Made up the frames for the soft doors and the rear bow to support the soft top, the bow is adjustable and pivots on the tub sides just like the real one . the door frames have the corner plate where the door handles attach . I have some very fine black leather to make the doors and top , I was thinking of vinyl but can't find it thin enough to be able to bend in all the tight corners . getting into some pretty small hardware 2/56 ,1/72 , 0/80 . Also have to source some small snaps to join the top to the tub , will ask the wife about that one tonight LOL..
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2020, 09:13 AM

advancing right along . built and covered the soft doors , thought the door frames looked funny , they are missing the lower cross braces . In this small scale they are not really needed for strength but I added them anyway because you can see them on the real jeep through the covering . I also had my rims show up, still waiting on the RC4WD axle kit to put them on . It's pretty crazy when I look in this little Jeep all that's missing is the vintage Craig box speakers in the back and the tape player and would swear I am looking around in my big Jeep LOL
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2020, 09:54 AM
Up to no good

Member Number: 9106
B/S/T Feedback: (16)

That is really coming together. I'm curious to know the fabric that you're using for the soft-top. Well done on the frame so far. Still watching...
Old 02-28-2020, 03:48 PM

I used soft leather for the doors because it was more workable then vinyl and for that it worked fine but it's too stretchy for the top to hold a shape . I tried in denim and it works much better and much easier to work with . I can redo the doors in denim later . both are black so they don't look to bad together . If I remember correctly Jeep had a denim top at one point .Have to go look at my big jeep to see how they fit the door frame bars . will post some pictures of the top tomorrow .
Old 02-28-2020, 05:59 PM
Up to no good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramjett View Post
I used soft leather for the doors because it was more workable then vinyl and for that it worked fine but it's too stretchy for the top to hold a shape . I tried in denim and it works much better and much easier to work with . I can redo the doors in denim later . both are black so they don't look to bad together . If I remember correctly Jeep had a denim top at one point .Have to go look at my big jeep to see how they fit the door frame bars . will post some pictures of the top tomorrow .
You are right...it was the Levi Edition. All of the soft bits were covered in a denim textured vinyl, like the top, seats, dash pad, and roll bar pads. Originally, I think they were only offered in blue and tan. Best Top still sells a textured vinyl top in black, white, tan and gray. A scale soft top is definitely major cool points...
Old 02-29-2020, 08:18 PM

Yeah thats the one , I remember driving them back then but forgot what they were called . I went back and forth with the denim and leather tops . the denim top you can fit much better but you cant do a very nice job with the windows as the fabric frays . I ended up using leather . it's so much like the full size ,just a nightmare to fit the top and get is adjusted . I will do the windows later but happy so far ..
Attached Images

Old 02-29-2020, 08:43 PM
Up to no good

Just wow! I have no words...wow!

Old 03-01-2020, 12:33 PM
Can I have the blazer back.....

Member Number: 19276
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willezcr8 View Post
Just wow! I have no words...wow!

Yes what he said .^^^^^^

Man it's really a sharp lil rig...great job.
Been lurking on this one no doubts...
Old 03-02-2020, 03:03 PM

added the mirrors and door handles . mirrors are like the factory folding ones ,they are made from brass and have a pivot ball behind the mirror for adjustment . the door handles are also copies and work as they should . Yeah I know , getting a bit carried away . but having fun trying to make all this little gear functional . everything still needs a final finish before paint but it's getting there .
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2020, 07:00 PM

well I tried the rc4wd rims and did not like them at all , with the 12mm conversion it added only 3mm in width but going in the wrong direction . thinking maybe some wrath rims might work better . Until I get something better I painted the stock rims and they don't look too bad. I also put in the windshield and added some wipers .I had planed on painting the jeep yellow but really staring to get attached to the grey .Thinking I may have to build another for myself ,my youngest Heather seems to have claimed this one LOL.
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2020, 08:08 PM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 19557

looks good, and yeah, i think you are right.. the look on her face says it all...
"this is MINE now!"
Old 03-14-2020, 05:59 PM

The build has me so inspired I purchased a completely new Juan body kit for my full sized CJ5 . all those years of four wheeling has taken it's toll and the body is showing it , I've also ordered some new 39.5x15 tsl swampers and a new soft top . They say 2-3 months for the body ,man that's a killer .