Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Scale 4x4 R/C's Top Builds
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 4x4 R/C's Top Builds Some of our favorite builds!

Old 02-25-2016, 07:15 PM
'One cannot steal that which is freely given' - Trini2DBone

Member Number: 13990
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

Hey guys, got the roof attached....working on getting the side moldings installed....wasn't gonna post till it was completed....
BUT the pulley kit came in tonight....!!

I assembled it and just had to share it! ...looks pretty sweet! The pulleys do spin, but on bushings.... Don't think it was designed for bearings, which would have been awesome...
Got lotsa room for a fan as well!

Anywho.....some pics....Watcha think?

image by Preston Lalan, on Flickr

Last edited by Trini2DBone : 09-16-2017 at 11:05 AM.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 02-25-2016, 07:21 PM
What's a hypotenuse?

Member Number: 17246
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

It looks like you have a big block crammed in there. Sweet. Those are some really nice motors. Are you guna have room for an air filter?
Old 02-25-2016, 07:25 PM

The Sandman did have the 5.0 litre option, but not sure if that's considered a big block....

Yep these are pretty sweet! Would love to get my hands on some headers and exhaust manifolds....
Old 02-25-2016, 07:27 PM
What's a hypotenuse?

I keep waiting for them to show up on rc4wd's website. Lol
Old 02-25-2016, 07:31 PM

Well seeing how the water pump (?) lines up perfectly with the pre drilled and tapped holes, I guessing that they be coming, cause the holes are all there tapped and waiting for bolts...might even see a distributor and plugs, cause those are tapped as well.....
Old 02-25-2016, 07:34 PM
What's a hypotenuse?

Even if not, it shouldnt be to hard for someone with your skills to make some components from styrene and bolt them right up.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:40 PM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 20276
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Wow just wow, this is looking hot!! I particularily love that pic! The lighting on the motor is very cool. I can't imagine how nice that engine bay will be once you paint all the little details the right color in the bay, it will be sooo totally awesome. The pulleys make the motor look more complete, now just needs the headers! Like Prop said I'm sure you can fab some up quite easily!

Old 02-25-2016, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prop Shaft View Post
Even if not, it shouldnt be to hard for someone with your skills to make some components from styrene and bolt them right up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederik View Post
Wow just wow, this is looking hot!! I particularily love that pic! The lighting on the motor is very cool. I can't imagine how nice that engine bay will be once you paint all the little details the right color in the bay, it will be sooo totally awesome. The pulleys make the motor look more complete, now just needs the headers! Like Prop said I'm sure you can fab some up quite easily!

Lol...thanks guys! Will give it a try when the time comes, if there aren't any available then!
Yeah...you are right though.... With the detail that's already in the engine bay, it would be kinda hinky not to have the headers and manifold....lol!
Old 02-25-2016, 08:51 PM
You're harshin my mellow

Member Number: 22522

Wow this is 10 times better then my Chevy engine bay! The detail is just amazing. From the battery, to the radiator, to the brake booster, I'm completely in awe. Keep it up!
Old 02-25-2016, 09:23 PM

Hey thanks ChevyBot!
Old 02-25-2016, 09:47 PM
Try it. If it doesn't work, try something else.

Member Number: 11120
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

Been lurking on this one for a while... it's looking really good! Very cool unusual subject, and I like that you're really taking your time and getting it right. I mean, those seats... wow.

Engine looks huge in there, reminds me of a V8 Monza that I saw once. No room to maneuver at all. It's kinda too bad they didn't include pulleys for an alternator and a power steering pump as well... but maybe there is such a thing as too much detail. Don't forget the thermostat neck and upper radiator hose, though, since they included a spot for it...
Old 02-25-2016, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbt73 View Post
Been lurking on this one for a while... it's looking really good! Very cool unusual subject, and I like that you're really taking your time and getting it right. I mean, those seats... wow.

Engine looks huge in there, reminds me of a V8 Monza that I saw once. No room to maneuver at all. It's kinda too bad they didn't include pulleys for an alternator and a power steering pump as well... but maybe there is such a thing as too much detail. Don't forget the thermostat neck and upper radiator hose, though, since they included a spot for it...
Hey thanks markbt73!
Lol...I have been thinking of making a styrene alternator with a pulley and an alternator bracket, will have to get a bigger belt, but shouldn't be too much of an issue..a power steering pump would have been ideal if they made the crankshaft pulley a double pulley!
Will eventually build the thermostat housing and hoses once I'm done with the body. Didn't really plan to go messing with detailing the engine until I completed the body, but when I saw that they had the pulley kit, I just couldn't resist...lol!

Last edited by Trini2DBone : 02-26-2016 at 06:46 AM.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prop Shaft View Post
It looks like you have a big block crammed in there. Sweet. Those are some really nice motors. Are you guna have room for an air filter?
Hey Prop Shaft , missed this question...

The answer is no for the stock setup on the engine. If I lose the carburetor and the air cleaner, I think I can build a stock (based on the 1:1) air cleaner pan that will fit and clear the hood when it's closed by a few mms...lol! However, I won't be putting a carby under it....I don't think you can see the carburetor below the air cleaner on the 1:1 anyway...lol.
I don't want to cut the hood, so decided to go this route.....

Old 02-27-2016, 09:50 AM
Up to no good

Member Number: 9106
B/S/T Feedback: (16)

Oh my goodness! This is really got me all worked up Trini. The engine bay is to die for.

I agree with you on the air cleaner idea. Nobody is gonna be checking under it to see if it's a Holley.

I was always partial to the Edelbrock screened aircleaner look, but you could easily pull off a standard "chromed" air cleaner.

Cut the bottom off a one of the small energy drink cans or a can of tomato paste and strip the label off. Then buff it out with your Dremel. You might have to make a plate mounted to the intake that you tap for a screw in the air cleaner. just a thought.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willezcr8 View Post
Oh my goodness! This is really got me all worked up Trini. The engine bay is to die for.

I agree with you on the air cleaner idea. Nobody is gonna be checking under it to see if it's a Holley.

I was always partial to the Edelbrock screened aircleaner look, but you could easily pull off a standard "chromed" air cleaner.

Cut the bottom off a one of the small energy drink cans or a can of tomato paste and strip the label off. Then buff it out with your Dremel. You might have to make a plate mounted to the intake that you tap for a screw in the air cleaner. just a thought.

Hey thanks Willezcr8! Didn't really have a plan exactly on how to build the air cleaner, was gonna try styrene then paint when the time comes, but I like your idea better! The aluminum can will already have most of what I'll need than to have to build one out of styrene ...sweet!

Last edited by Trini2DBone : 02-27-2016 at 08:02 PM.