Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Scale 4x4 R/C Trux! > Micro R/C Trux!
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Micro R/C Trux! Anything smaller than 1/12 scale. VMGs, Mini Z's etc!

Old 12-13-2019, 08:31 PM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 20276
B/S/T Feedback: (1)
Default Frederik's Orlandoo Hunter Pajero

Last Christmas I got an Orlandoo Hunter Pajero from my girlfriend, assembled it but I never painted it, so it looked like that for a while:

Reason for not painting is I pretty much never paint! So I did not have any paint or brushes etc. I just got some basic Testers small pots with brushes, a can of paint and decided to try it out. I bought Testors Enamel paint and a can of clear lacker, and read after that it was risky of having reactions because you should not mix enamel with lackers... So I just left the paint as is.

This is the wet first coat:

Then did my best at details of the windows etc with semi gloss black, and silver fenders (only one coat in first pic, needed to put two):

Then painted the lights, added the mirrors and wipers. I decided to not put the big bull bar that came with the kit, I think it hides too much of the front.

Overall I like the kit, I only have two issues or things I'd like to be better, 1) it is a bit too slow and 2) the front output on the tranny wobbles because the tranny shaft diameter is quite a bit smaller than the U joint inside diameter. The kit came with LEDs but they are not soldered to wires, you have to solder them and they are tiny!

Pretty happy how the paint turned out considering how small this is and how not so well equipped I am for paint. I don't even have any paint thinner or cleaner for the brushes, every time I change color I have to go in the garage and clean the brush with Gasoline lol!
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 12-13-2019, 09:19 PM
'One cannot steal that which is freely given' - Trini2DBone

Member Number: 13990
B/S/T Feedback: (7)

Wow....that’s pretty sweet Fred ! I been wanting to pick one up..but hesitating as the parts are so tiny! Does it go together easily? And what about the electronics? Easy to install?
Old 12-14-2019, 07:26 PM
Another Newbie

Member Number: 2028
B/S/T Feedback: (0)

That splash of color really helped it out. Looking good for a guy that doesn't paint. Maybe throw a black pinstripe between the red and tan?

Led wiring isn't bad. If you just want On when car On it only takes, servo or bind plug, resistor for each color led, wire.
https://rctruckandconstruction.com/s...ad.php?t=12930
Adds a broken servo to remote switch it.
Old 12-14-2019, 09:12 PM
Do you ever leave the board?

Member Number: 20276
B/S/T Feedback: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trini2DBone View Post
Wow....that’s pretty sweet Fred ! I been wanting to pick one up..but hesitating as the parts are so tiny! Does it go together easily? And what about the electronics? Easy to install?

Thanks Preston! It is very very tiny, but I really liked the build, it is very well made. You just have to be careful not to mess up a hole by threading a ball end crooked or other stuff like that, things are pretty fragile compared to larger scale. People say you should have good close up vision to build those lol I can believe that. It comes with all tools but I broke the tiny Allen key at some point and had to finish holding it with pliers. I run it without foams in tires, I think they are just soft enough like that.

I got the model with electronics (tiny servo, speed control, battery) as a package on eBay. The servo is extremely small, almost half the width of the micro servo that came in the venom bike brake kit, if you recall And I used a very small Cooltec receiver I have, 6 channels but very thin. Placed the battery up front for a more realistic weight distribution (normal place was at the back where I put the electronics instead).

The ESC is very small too, just a circuit board in a rubber booth, double side taped to the chassis. I mounted the battery with a couple tie wraps, for the rest I just cram everything in, and put the body on to hold everything lol See the pics below, you can see the size compared to other servos, and how things fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzen View Post
That splash of color really helped it out. Looking good for a guy that doesn't paint. Maybe throw a black pinstripe between the red and tan?

Led wiring isn't bad. If you just want On when car On it only takes, servo or bind plug, resistor for each color led, wire.
https://rctruckandconstruction.com/s...ad.php?t=12930
Adds a broken servo to remote switch it.
Thanks Frizzen! For the LEDs, there are actually 4 dedicated termination on the ESC board for the front and back lights. I am not sure when they light up, when going forward, or always (I hope they are always on!) The place to solder the wires are the 4 holes next to my thumb:

The pictures hardly does justice to how small that thing is. I snapped a few more pics for size reference, including a regular Futaba S148 servo, and a micro servo from a Venom disc brake kit for RC bike. You can also see the size of the servo on the truck.

Just for kicks I put on some XMods wheels I had, they don't quite fit the axles though, the rear wheels rubs on the axle when tightened. I don't like the bling 24'' wheels look anyway Much prefer the offroad look!