Go Back   Scale 4x4 R/C Forums > Monsters, Scale 4X2, & Non scale R/C > Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles
Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Scale 4x2 and Buggy R/C vehicles This is the place to put your Sand Scorchers, Bajas and other various 2wd offroad R/C's

Old 04-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Wasting Time'r

Member Number: 1660
B/S/T Feedback: (0)
Default Brat wheels, tires and bodys

I got a brat sitting here hating this thing lexan shell. It was in perfect shape when Clodz sent it to me and in about 5 days with only 2 rollovers the rest just it bouncing around has pushed through all the body mount holes. The rims look good at a distance but you see the imperfections up close realy bad and well the tires they just suck in my opinion.

Where can I find bodys to fit (Hard or some better made lexan), rims to fit or a way to convert to another type of adapter to use better rims, and tires for it?

They are called sand blasters yet you cant move in sand its kinda Ironic dont ya think lol. Ended up running them in the parking lot at the beach instead of on the beach turned out jumping off sidewalks and over wheel chair acess points in the sidewalk was pretty fun.
Sponsored Links

The sponsored ad above is only displayed to guests. Creat an account today to remove this ad!
Old 04-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Mr. Tire Guy

Member Number: 3012
B/S/T Feedback: (2)

you can get a Brat hardbody for it. I think the older Brat kits had hardbodies. Don't know how easy they are to get but they are available. One local guy did just that, putting a hardbody on his. he's also running 1.9 wheels. I'm sure there's a way to convert 1.9's to fit on the Brat.

Coincidentally, I am looking for a set of Brat wheels since I want to run smaller than 1.9 wheels on my, er, 1.9 build. You interested in selling them?
Old 04-16-2008, 11:56 AM
The 4rd prize winner!

Member Number: 990
B/S/T Feedback: (22)

The re-Brat comes with a hardbody and a lexan one.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Wasting Time'r

Ill sell them(like new condition few runs but only on sandy dirt no visable wear) but I gota find better tires first with a way to make them work on it lol. Wonder how well 1.9s look on a brat? Hardbody is realy the only other choice? that realy sucks but I can get fancy with it.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Mr. Tire Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifterdude View Post
Wonder how well 1.9s look on a brat? Hardbody is realy the only other choice? that realy sucks but I can get fancy with it.
what do you mean about the hardbody? Did you not want a brat at all? I had assumed you were looking to replace the lexan, but still a brat.

here's pics of a local guy who has the brat hardbody with (new to him) 1.9 beadlocks sporting mudslingers:

I think they look sweet with 1.9's.

I have a set of 4 of these I can give you plus cash for your wheels if you're interested. Chrome HPI 10-spoke 1.9 plastic wheels. These are new, never glued or ran. I used them for mock up of 2 builds recently only.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:38 PM
Wasting Time'r

Eh its a tough offer. Now that the slash is comming im stuck on what to do lol. But that hard body with 1.9s is SICK. Ill have to keep intouch with you. Its not being run much with weather so they are still just sitting on it lol. If I can find me some 1.9 rubber that is worth a dang and a new bottle of CA you may have a deal. Ill end up in the end with some beadlocks but those are good to get started.

Now I just need a hard body. you know screw it im screwed in all holes at this point. I want/need the slash so bad im drooling. Drooling also over those beadlock with 1.9s on a brat. Cant make up my mind if im going to try for a grad present on the slash if even possible or to sell the brat for money to buy it. I need a hard body still and 1.9 rubber. good god im lost for what to do.

Any opinions on how to make sense of the mess ive dont got myself into. Ive got more wants and needs than I have money or resources to cover for. What do I do. Give me some of yalls bank robbing tips or something I mean with the money some have into this they must be the ones doing all this bank fraud and I want in.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Mr. Tire Guy

You want it all....I can relate...lol.

If I were you I'd make the brat work for what you want. I'm not saying that because I want your wheels either. I love the brat body. Its the first body I wanted.
Make it work and it will be a rare rig. Slash is nice but its RTR so lots of people will have them. I'm big on having something special, something that few have...if you havent noticed already.
Plus, you're already into the brat for some cash so it will take less money overall to get the brat to where you want it than it will to buy the slash.

Just my opinion.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:10 AM
Wasting Time'r

Default lol

Im going to keep the brat more than likely if I can get my insruance dealt with from when I got hit and get me another car I can get back to work and just buy it myself if need be for the slash. (its only RTR till you tear it down without instructions and put parts in piles and rebuild it. Then you can learn somethign about it. Besides just the speed capabilities for it seem nice and with the waterproof elecs and 2.2s It apeals to me highly. If they put out bodys other than just the pre runner pro truck bodies that would be nice to make it a scale offroader. I want it for speed and just sand racing and for off roading. The brat is already my sand beater just gota get me a hard body so it can take a little more abuse.